1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with the same hair color as you?

Jan 8, 2011

1. I certainly don't hate my hair. I'm rather proud of it in fact. But that's irrelevant where my dolls are concerned. Their wigs are chosen to suit their personalities; it has nothing to do with my own hair whatsoever.

2. My dolls hair has nothing to do with the colour of my own. Scout has dark brown hair which is roughly the same as mine but I didn't choose it to match my own hair or anything.
      I was planning to buy Jehn a dark brown wig at some point but again, that has nothing to do with my own hair. I just wanted her to have that colour of hair. xD
      In the same token, the dolls that have different colours of hair have that colour just because I wanted them to. -shrugs-
      I like the style and colour of my hair, I just don't feel the need to make my dolls all mini versions of myself, hence why they have different styles and colours. :P

3. I wish! I have pink hair, and although it would look awesome on a doll, I don't think it would suit my boy.

4. My hair was never this or that. Right now its not really blonde but its not really brown. It used to be like super platinum blonde. Maybe thats why Kotori Has that nice cream color hair ? :]
      The only doll i have that really matches my hair a bit is my Puki. Its like a blondeish...uh. Brownish.
      However I dont often to it intentionally. I grew up with too many blonde haired blue eyes dolls that I really just wanted a change a pace.

5. I have black hair. I don't understand why anyone would ever want black hair. It's impossible to bleach or do anything interesting with. I would only subject my dolls to a black wig if their character demands it.

Most of my dolls are based on Asian characters (mainland Southeast Asia to be specific which is where I'm from) but none of them have a black wig. I just plain don't like black hair.

6. My boys are based on pre-existing characters, and one of them, Matt, I've always felt a very personal connection with and have been told I look like. When I saw Crobidoll carried "light black," which is my color as well as his, I was all over that! Now that wig style doesn't seem to suit him, but I am very reluctant to get a wig that isn't light black. My other boy, Gerard, hair is definitely a looser interpretation and I don't get so crazy about his hair being perfect. It might have something to do with Matt and I having the same color hair.

7. None of my dolls have my natural (mousey brown) hair, because I wouldn't wish that on anyone :P Actually, I don't think any wig company even produces a wig that colour, because no-one wants it for any reason.

8. I have a doll which has black hair and I plan to have another one with the same color, BTW I'm asian so, my hair is black* LOL
      I think it is cute if me and my dolls hae the same color, though I don't want my doll collection to be limited in a particular hair color only... actually I want to buy a doll that will be a red-head

9. I've never thought about it. And my dolls have got many different wigs (white, blond, pink, red, blue, gray, brown, black).
      And suddenly today I realize that most of all my dolls have blond hair like me.

10. Three of my BJD have black hair, three are blond, two would keep their hair colour among the brown range (One just brown and the other honey brown), two have it blue (One kind of blue gray and the other aqua blue), one has red-orange hair and one has it light green.

Ten of the twelve are already given characters and they have the hair colour the (One Piece manga and anime series) characters they are have. My only two own creation characters have it brown, in the case of the boy, and blond, in the case of the girl, and none of these two shares hair colour with me.

My hair colour is almost black. I have it really dark since I was born, although I did also with a white hair, something really uncommon, I think. I dye it to my real hair colour because now I have several white hairs, mainly on the top of my head, and I have always liked how my dark hair colour fits me.

As said, three of my BJD have black hair like me, although one has straight short hair, other one straight long hair, and the third one has it more curly, while I have wavy long hair. However, it is only a coincidence as the three of them are among my already given characters so they have their already given hair colour.

11. Most of my dolls do have a dark blond or ash brown wigs but I also have black wigs for most with the odd bright colored one, so it depends on my mood. Did I choose that ash brown because my hair is similar? Not really. The styles and the color of my dolls influenced my choices as much or more than the colors.

12. That's how I was. One day I just realized I was, without knowing it, giving my dolls the same hair color as me.

13. My dolls' wigs are pretty varied - blonde, brunette, pink, bright red, black. My blonde doll's regular wig is quite a light colour, but she has a second wig that is actually quite close to my own hair colour (dark blonde). I actually find it kind of disturbing, like a voodoo doll. It feels creepy, like someone took my hair to make her wig. I just like the style so much I don't want to get rid of the wig!

14. I have light brown hair and my doll's a redhead. XD So no, not the same color at all. Why? Because I love red hair!

15. My hair colour is black and as my dolls are supposed to be Asian as well, they all have dark colored hairs like Black, brown, dark brown. However, I also have plans for future dolls to have other hair color, like white. xD

16. I don't have a single doll with the same hair color as me! I'm mostly a mixed brunette, with a little bit of blonde and red mixed in and the occassional white (not grey -- I'm only 31 -- seriously just white), and my hair has never been dyed, permed, or teased. I have virgin hair. Nothing against dying, I just like my own natural... I never wear make-up, either... I'm a hippie California girl!

My dolls primarily have natural-tone hair colors; blonde, auburn, chocolate... I do have a white-haired boy, though. But my girl, Elizabeth, wears colored hair: pink, burgundy, blue, purple, and fun punky colors! All the colors I would never have myself! The thought of bleaching and dying my own hair makes me cringe, not to mention the up-keep of touching up roots, frizz, and other stuff I'm too lazy to do.

17. I have two ash blonds, one creamy white, one pink, and one natural red. I am naturally red (a ginger, if you will). I love redheads, but I didn't really plan for a redhead. It just sort of happened. I never really thought about why the kidlins wigs were different from me, except one, but I think it's because I like variety. :lol: My girl is beautiful as a ginger. I've tried changing her wig, but it's just not her anymore. My family has given me a few comments about my 'mini-me' since her wig is nearly the same colour as my actual hair. Hmm.

18. I have very dark brown hair with a hint of red in it that's completely natural believe it or not (0.O) it's one of those weird genetic things, and generally I can't even begin to find a wig with my exact hair-colour for my dolls because of it. I do have a certain number of brunette dolls though, but that is accidental (and the result of all the blonde ones). I like a nice mix of hair and eye colours in my collection, everything from blonde to red to black haired, with any eye-colour that I think looks good. XD

19. That's generally my attitude with Elly's wigs... all her wigs are either unnatural colours or colours that would clash with my skintone. Since I'm not white I can't really dye my hair any colour... :(

20. I have been blonde most of my life up until a couple of years ago, but only have one blonde doll. Most are brunette or redheads. I have red hair too, now.