1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with the same hair color as you?

Jan 8, 2011

1. Naturally, I have long red-brown hair, and one of my dolls has that colour hair as well. Two others are brunettes, one has black hair, one has blonde, and one has natural red hair (for now).

2. Actually... My girl Gabriel has silver hair while I have blond hair. Furthermore... I just realized that none of my planned dolls will have blond hair either.

I suppose I just never really thought about it... I just pick hair that fits the doll's personality.

3. Born blonde, my hair was nearly white for most of my childhood from being outside. Teenage and twenties involved a rainbow of "natural" and "fantastical" colors. Now, having my natural hair color for the first time in over 15 years, my hair has changed to a darker ashy blonde in my thirties. I have one doll working a similar hue, but admittedly, many of my dolls are various shades of the lighter blonde I once had as a crown. For fantasy colors, strangely, the only color anyone is currently wearing on a regular basis is green, which is the one color I never really tried in my experimental hair days.

4. my girl has a browny red and my boy has white (the wig that came with his set)
      so no, as my hair is brown.
      I would like my dolls to have 'realistic' colour of hair, as i have something of a pet hate of manic panic style bright coloured hair (even on dolls XD)

5. The default wig of my doll has the same colour as my hair ~ :)

6. I don't try or tend to have dolls with the same hair color as I have (black).

Most of my dolls are fantasy dolls--elves, vampires, demons, mythical creatures. I like purple wigs and red wigs--a lot of non-human colors!

But I do have a lot of black wigs, for my dolls, too.

When talking about natural hair colors, there are not all that many basic colors: Blond, Brunette, Red, Black. Out of 4 basic choices, it's quite likely that some dolls may have similar hair color to their owners--
      BUT--is it a conscious choice or unconscious? Do people just happen to like that color--or like it because it's like theirs?

I don't pick black because it's like my own. I do like black wigs on some of my dolls, though. Sometimes it suits them or their outfits. But it doesn't have anything to do with my hair color.

7. I have (dyed) blonde hair that sometimes is dyed to a more platinum white color. I have 2 dolls with white hair and one other on the way that will have white hair. As far as more natural blonde toned hair, I don't have any dolls with it but I may some day. I don't really think about it as steering away from my hair or making dolls with my own hair color but just figuring what is best for the character.

8. I dye my hair black and three of my dolls do have "natural" black hair. I do love black hair a lot.

9. I have black hair, and I bought the default wig for my AH Ryan, which is black too. However, that's just (most likely) a temporary wig, he'll probably end up with dark red/brown hair. I don't mind if my dolls have black hair, but it's not something I'm particularly aiming for. My dolls will have whatever hair color suits them (or whatever color I fancy atm) - and multiple wigs as well. :)

10. I don't know what color my hair is. I've been bleaching and dying it weird colors for so long I don't really remember what my natural hair color is. Ok that isn't entirely true but I don't really like my natural hair color. It is sort of nondescript mousy brown/blond mix. I keep it mostly shaved off and only leave the bangs anyway. Then I bleach those and dye them whatever bright color strikes my fancy this week. So no I don't really have any dolls with my hair color. They have a range of colors, black, blond, red, blue, ect.

11. Originally I didn't want my dolls to have the same color hair as me (I'm a natural redhead). But then I decided I wanted to get a long red wig to modify into a Witch Hunter Robin style wig. I plopped this long gorgeous wig on my doll and it's stayed there. It just suits her. It matches her eyebrows, her lovely blue-green eyes. Granted I do get tons of "she looks like you" type statements, but that doesn't bother me half as much as I thought it would. I have a collection of mostly pink or red wigs now, and I've got some other colors (like gray and teal and lavender) in mind. Poe's main color will certainly be red from hence forth.

12. well Emily was going to have the same color as me at first. I'm a blond who has dyed my hair red since 7th grade. The character with the red hair didn't pan out well for my girl and I had to find something else. Right now I'm in love with the color brown on her, but considering she dresses up in a lot of styles right now until I find her true style it might change.

13. Ahem, most of my hair colours clash with my skintone anyway. All hail the Alistair Darling look! Elly has pretty wigs :]

14. I don't set my BJDs in the same hair colour at all :)
      I have a thing with hair xD I love keep changing their wigs!
      love to see them in different colours and styles <3 it gives my BJDs different looks which is good for photos... I do give them characters (only a brief background storyline), but I am quite flexible with their appearances :)
      So... no xD I don't create BJD characters with same colour of hair as mine...

15. I naturally have medium dark reddish brown hair. Two of my dolls have candy apple red hair and one is blonde. I did have candy apple red highlights in my hair about ten years ago, but that had no bearing on my doll's hair colours. :)

16. I only have one brunette atm, and he's got very short hair, while I have very long hair.​

17. I have brown hair with red in itself and my mother was a redhead. I love dolls with red hair. Even better orange.

18. I don't just because my hair right now is short, black and brownish red and I need it redyed bad. x3 I tend to go for blonde, white, black or grays.

19. I have some kind of dark red-y brown hair. My current doll has white hair (Volks White Rabbit - cutest little puff of fluff ever, I just couldn't resist. I even modified his character to fit the white hair better), and all of my previous dolls were blond (though one was supposed to have blue hair - I never found the time to have his face-up redone to fit a blue wig). My dolls are modeled after my characters who are (for the most part) based on no one in particular and go from super pale white blond hair to black (plus one random naturally blue-haired guy). I don't really have any that have my specific hair colour though there are a few with brown hair. I dunno, I just don't think brown hair is very interesting - maybe because I have to look at it every day. :lol:

My Infiniti Tiki arrived to me wearing a short brown bob of my EXACT hair colour and grey-green acrylic eyes and it was sort of.... disconcerting. I had the same hair cut when I was little and uh... I dunno it was just weird. I definitely don't want a doll that looks like me, that's what I learned.

Though in the future I may have a doll with whom I'd share hair colours - I really like cherry-red hair on women (the unnatural red hair kind) so I have a character with that hair colour and I intend to some day try dying my hair to that colour. But it wouldn't really be "my doll has the same hair as me" it would be more like "my doll and I both have hair that I think looks awesome".

20. Do you tend to create doll characters with the same hair color as you?
      No, I don't.

Why or why not?
      Basically my dolls are blond (though my hair is black to dark brown), but they have other colors hair and I love to change their hair occasionally, just to match the moment or event and their outfits. :)