1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with the same hair color as you?

Jan 8, 2011

1. Adding the 'why' to what I said before.

Aside from my hair-colour being absolutely impossible to find (yay for us dark-strawberry-blondes!) I don't think I'd get a doll with that hair colour because I don't find it that appealing. I think the whole stream of compliments on the colour when I was a child (There's only so many times you can hear 'your hair is -lovely- don't ever dye it!' before part of you starts going "I know, I know. Shut up about it!") has given me a bit of a complex about my hair. It's a love-hate relationship. I like having an unusual hair colour, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. I've been tempted at times to just grab a bottle of hairdye and hop-to, and other times I know I could never-ever change my hair colour.

Also, my dolls are separate from me. The whole 'why not?' question actually baffles me a bit because part of me is going 'why would you?' I don't want a dollie clone of myself - it would feel immensly creepy and narcisstic to me.

2. Hmmm.. His hair is brown, which is my natural hair color, but I like to dye my hair. xD
      It's currently black.

3. Mase shares my hair color-it's black-brown (his is a little more black though) and I kinda dig that. >.<

4. Do you tend to create doll characters with the same hair color as you? The closest to me would be my boy Shiloh who has about 20 different wigs and changes them all the time

Why or why not?
      I'm a natural blonde...and I've dyed my hair away from that ever since I was 16 so for me Shiloh's changing hair is like me dying mine all the time. Other than that all of my boys have black hair or really bright reds or impossible combinations. ^__^;;

5. haha, only one has the same hair colour as me and even then, it wasn't really intentional?
      my other boy has grey hair and -laughing- that's not going to happen to me till a few years later, maybe. XD

6. My hair is blue... I don't have any blue-haired dolls. Naturally, I'm a brunette and I've got a brown-haired doll, but that was a recent addition since Christmas. I've got:

1 x Black
      1 x Grey
      1 x Purple
      1 x Red
      1 x Brown

Strangely enough I love bright hair colours and don't really have any of those. I plan to have dolls with white hair and blonde hair in the future though, and I don't really think I'll have many (if any) other brown-haired dolls. Really, my own hair colour doesn't effect my dolls at all.

7. Without exception, I prefer dolls with reddish hair of some variety (by "red" I mean auburn/chestnut/ginger/titian). For the last fifteen years I've also been dying my hair a shade of red (and have now settled on Loreal Perfect 10 Light Auburn, to be precise). I just think red hair is very attractive wherever it is found, so it seems obvious to want my doll to have a similar colour. I don't look at it as trying to create a mini me partly because that is not what motivates my choice and because ultimately I know I'm not really a redhead!

8. It's strange, none of my dolls have my hair color (dark brown). I've got lots of blonds (I don't even like blond hair), 3 dolls with black hair and a hand full of unnatural hair colors (white, blue-green, purple, maroon, silver), but no brunettes yet. I tend to pick hair that fits the doll's character and looks... brown just hasn't worked out yet.

9. mine do what i wish i could do, which is change their hair color/style at the drop of a hat.

10. No but it's curious that I tend to see one doll as a brunette (PW Skiya for instance) and another as a blonde (DT Estella) or redhead (AIL Chloe). I buy them each a few different style wigs in those colours but rarely change the hair colour of each doll. Is that odd?

11. My hair color varies but it's usually a dark shade. All of my dolls thus far who've had hair have been blonde or brunette. Naturally I'm a dark brunette and I've always had an appreciation for blondes. :3 So I can see how it could be one of those living vicariously through dolls things.

12. Ah, I have light reddish-brown hair (unnatural, unfortunately D: ) I wouldn't really want my Colette to have the same hair color as me, I don't really think it suits the image I have of her. Currently she has a wig that is somewhat close to my natural hair color, but it's too big and I mainly bought it to just cover her head until I find a more suitable wig. I just recently bought an ash-blonde wig - which is what I initially had in mind for her - that's on the way. I'm not sure if I would give my same hair color to other dolls I may or may not have in the future, it all depends on the image I have of them, I suppose...

13. This sounds strange, but since my hairstyle is a medium brown chin length bob, there is no way I would buy a similar wig for my girl. She is not a "doll version" of me, so I don't want us looking alike. I don't mind her having the same hair color as long as it's a different length/style. ;) It's just a nitpicky thing that bothers me. I don't mind if other people do it, however. They can dress exactly like their dolls if they want to. As long as I'm not doing it, all is well. :sweat

14. I have long ash brown wavy hair with blond highlights. At first, I had a preference for my dolls to have long wavy hair too, in the brown to blond range. But I started to think, hey, why am I only going for the wavy hair? Why not straight or short? I guess since I'm new to the hobby, I feel safer and familiar with dolls I can relate to. Someday down the road I will try something different I think.

15. No, no one of my dolls has my hair colour....I think it's a boring colour :/ I prefer the rare ones or black hair

16. I highlight my hair, but i love to use different color wigs--blonde with pink highlights is a fun one, red, jet black. What ever effect I am getting for my doll. That is what makes this such a great hobby and creating experience.

17. Nope! Light blue and wine red aren't even close to my natural hair color. I'm a brunette. :kitty2

18. my boy and my puki both share the same hair color as me. so will my incoming doll. ^^;

19. My real hair color changes all the time, so I really like unnatural hair colors, with streaks ect. I do tend to give my doll lots of different hair color options, but they have never matched any of my hair colors. My real color is brunette though, and actually I do plan on making him a brown wig one day.

20. I like to think my dolls hair will be nothing like my own. My hair is short and its color swings all over the place. I'd like my dolls to have stable hair. Maybe different styles but the same color.