1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls with the same hair color as you?

Jan 8, 2011

1. AW YEAH! Just received my first red wig, for the little guy I've got on Layaway. It's sooooo cute! I foresee it becoming the first in quite a large collection, since I tend to be a fan of other redheads.

=^__^=
      Anneko

2. My doll doesn't have my hair
      His is Blonde and mine is black
      I wouldn't like him to look like me, its weired to me if someone
      says we might look alike just because of the hair o.0

3. Adia and Marche have dark hair like me, and the others have shades of lighter brown. Josslyn's wig has reddish streaks like when I had red in it. Mine started ruby red then lightened to a pretty cinnamon-copper. Her streaks are that color. I'm surprised that I don't have any redheads because I LOVE red hair! My newest girl will be my only blonde, but I dunno how long she'll keep that look.

4. HA! Well, I have black hair... I would have loved having red hair. I think it's the coolest thing in the world :D So all my dolls, down to the Pukis have red hair :D I am expecting my first boy now, and he is going to have dark hair to start, for 2 reasons: The sculpt looks more mature with dark hair, AND Claire likes him, and I don't want them to look like sibblings :D
      I also fell for a rose white Iple doll, and I'm pretty sure she'll have blond hair, too, just cause it would look great with her coloring as I'm planning :D Also been dying to try black hair on my NS Carina sometime, just to see. I have a feeling it might suit her style better :D

5. In the case of my first bjd, yes. She will have dark brown hair and brown eyes like me. ;)

6. I have black hair, and female dolls of mine have or will have the same.
      I can't imagine having a female BJD that isn't black haired or at least dark brown. I suppose it's because my family have black hair and I've just grown up around it. I like dolls that have the same colouring as me and my family, so i'm constantly on the look out for yellowy or light tan resin haha.
      I'm going to be getting a male BJD and I was thinking of making him a blonde caucasian, which is odd because I'd never have a blonde female BJD. But then again, I'm also thinking of giving him black or brown hair too. I haven't quite decided.

7. Haha me too! I always wanted red hair when I was growing up. Now I have three red headed bjds. It's awesome.

As for a doll with the same color hair, my Issac has a wig that kind of matches my hair colour. Its a dark brown mohair with some reddish highlights.

8. I have longish auburn hair but my dollies wear whatever I think looks good on them. Out of 13 dolls, I have one short auburn hair, one blonde and the rest are black or brown. I also own a pink wig and a black with purple streaks but they don't seem to fit any of my dolls at the moment.

9. Most of my dolls end up with same hair colour as me: brown.
      I don't why but, I think I can relate to them more somehow. And brown is one of my favourite colours.
      It's either brown or a fantasy colour.

10. I like a lot of variety in my dolls' wigs - most of them have unnatural or unlikely hair colors, only two of them have the same color and then only because they are twins.

I did, more or less, inadvertently end up with a doll whose hair color is very close to my natural color. It wasn't intentional, I just liked it. The color was so close that when I showed that doll to some work friends they thought he was supposed to be a Mini-me (I'm a girl :vein).

11. Hm, not particularly...my hair is dark blond (light brown to the casual observer). Right now my dolls equally share brown (3 dolls - 1 darker and two reddish brown), blond (3 dolls - 1 dark blond, and two lighter) and black (3 dolls).

Only one of my dolls have a similar color genre as mine (dark blond), but we're still different shades. :sweat And I don't have any plans for a future doll with the same haircolor as mine ^^

12. er.. I wouldn't give my doll the same colored wig as my hair because once I carried around my friend's doll and he had the same hairstyle as me, and many people thought it was a "mini-me" but he wasn't! he just happened to look like me! D:

13. I only have one doll that as a hair color that could be the same as mine, but darker :B
      He's the only one though and I do not think of getting any other dolls that will have that hair color ^^

I like darker (black) hair color... maybe it is because I imagine a lot of things in B/W xD
      I also like brighter colors a lot ^^

14. Nope, I have brown hair, and my doll has blonde hair, and I'm planning black hair for my next one.

15. My doll Dorian has brown hair like me. It came as the wig with his set, but I really like it. It suits him and I like the little similarities between us.

16. I do tend to have dolls with the same color hair. I'm not sure why! Maybe it's a subconscious thing???

17. I never really gave much thought to the hair color of my dolls. So far I have a brunette, one that mostly sticks with a black wig, and my pink haired girl. I like the darker hair colors and the more odd (that would never be a natural hair color) hair colors. I'm a redhead and have no plans or current dolls with the same hair color as me.

18. I never thought about it. Muniya and Saif wear black hair wigs once in a while, Muniya more than Saif. But none of my dolls really stick to one hair color because I love switching wigs and eyes

19. ...you guys. Seriously.

This is my life.

I had RED RED RED hair before Zin got his wig (half red, half brown) - of course I knew what I needed him to have two years beforehand, and that influenced me to dye it because I was so in love with the idea of RED hair - and shortly after it arrived in the mail, I decided my dad would appreciate if the best man at his wedding looked reasonably sane in the photographs and dyed it back my natural brown. Smash cut to a few months later when I dyed my hair black - same cut/style/color as Tantalus. We matched so well, it was amazing.

Now I'm platinum blond (and regretting this decision - as my sticky candy floss hair snaps off if you look at it) and kind of craving a doll with a platinum blond mullet - and rainbow streaks.... yeah. As soon as I find the right sculpt for him, you know I'm going to be saving up for that crispyhaired fairy doll.

Man, this makes me want to have a documentation of all the things I've done to my hair - expressed in doll wig form. IT CAN BE DONE.

20. I would be really interested in seeing that, actually.

I like the idea of using doll wigs to document every hair decision made-- although if I did it, it would just be me buying different lengths of gingery red, with the long ones getting progressively more wavy and less managed... But if you do it, it will be FANTASTIC.

=^__^=
      Anneko