1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you want.... that don't exist!

Jul 25, 2018

1. Oh! I like that you went with 3D, it never even occur to me to try it out that way! I haven't done any 3D modeling since I graduated back in 2011, lol! I think your proportions are looking really good so far! I am one to prefer higher collarbones for longer looking pectorals, but that's just my personal aesthetics, not everyone is proportioned the same way. Btw, I was a freelance medical/anatomical illustrator but mostly for pamphlets and small things like web graphics, never an instructor (I can't do teaching, I am a big old awkward weirdo!). ^.^

2. Not exactly a doll per se, But I'd love to see more artificial/prosthetic/futuristic limbs, for FEMALE dolls as well. I've had a few ideas for a robotic, cyborg girl, but so far, I only seen those for 1/3 male dolls or whole mecha bodies.

3. Oooh sorry! I think I misinterpreted what you said when I read over your reply haha. It’s still really cool though! I still have a long way to go before I’m anywhere near that level.

In general, I actually really like a heavily structured bodies and very sharp/extreme faces haha but it’s really hard to find in dolls since Realism is kind of niche for some reason

I wish there was a greater variety of realistic sculpts too to be honest. One of my big hopes for the hobby is that one day someone with a better background in academic realism/anatomy will take a shot and do some realistic sculpts haha.
      I don’t know if it’s weird but I think the human figure really beautiful so I would love to see someone sculpt with that same love of musculature and form

4. I don't think it's weird to find the human figure beautiful. I think many sculptors, particularly the traditional ones, or even going back as far as the original masters of classical sculpture, loved the human's body beauty so much that they wanted to leave behind their own personal ideal of the human figure in stone. Same can be said about just any other visual artist. Even these dolls are a very stylized visual representation of someone's love of the human body (and sometimes other animal anatomies' as well). I myself always preferred anatomical drawings to portraiture, particularly so when I was a teen because I loved painting gory-surrealistic landscapes, but I also appreciate the human body aesthetically, not just conceptually. However, there seems to be a preference for super-long-legged figures in Asian countries so most of these dolls (and figures produced in Asia) have massively exaggerated proportions, not very close to actual realistic human proportions. There are a few European artists making a few more realistically proportioned bodies, from what I've seen on here. Sadly, they are mostly under 40cm and I need I body that's at least 70cm. I'm not really into hyper-realistic-human-head sculpts, as much as I am into hyper idealized Japanese video game characters, but I need a realistically proportioned body for one of them, so therein lies my dilemma. :B

5. This is an odd one but I would love to see vinyl-cast versions of a lot of BJD sculpts (especially Ringdoll teen, Crobidoll, RaMCube, and even more unrealistically some of the artist sculpts like AdaDan Nightingale and SiO2 Peach Deer).
      I know I overthink this, but as someone who personally doesn't like the look of yellowed resin at all, having a resin seems kind of stressful. What if I'm unable to do all the things I would like to do with the doll before its time runs out and it starts to yellow? I would end up feeling annoyed at myself and like I had spent my money poorly, even if the things that made me too busy were completely beyond my control.

(I know that many people don't mind, or even like, yellowing, and that's fine too! I don't think it's inherently awful, I just personally do not like how it looks IRL and would not want it for my own doll.)

6. MSD males that don't look teenage or androgynous. They probably exist, but I haven't had much luck finding them.

7. I thought of a new one.
      A ton more faux fur ears and tails on the kemonomimi kind of dolls. I like that much better than hard resin.

8. A BJD crone.

Dollfie Dreams cast in resin.
      I love, love, love the look of my Mariko...but I just can't get used to vinyl after resin. :sweat

9. I'd like to see some dolls with wings that, if they were real, could carry the weight of the body attached to them. (My pet peeve is wings that are so small that they wouldn't actually work in reality.)
      I'd like to see some long jointed tails, and I'd especially love if they could be purchased separately.
      I'd like to see more variety of horns that can be bought separately.
      I'd like to see more elf ear sculpts in general.

10. Although I'd definitely like to see more muscular women bodies, what I'd like to see actually chubby bodies in realistic proportions for both males and females. Like... a 'fat' doll that isn't super misshapen in the name of art, or just barely thicker then their 'thin' counterparts. I'm a bigger girl, and I'd like to dress up dolls with my body shape, and create wonderful and unique characters out of them!

11. A unicorn. Not a centaur, just a regular unicorn. Or a big cat. Preferably a tiger or a lion. Another one I can think of is an insect-like fairy with clear resin wings, or a doll with a flower-inspired appearance, like a built-in resin gown.

I'd also like to see fully-silicone dolls with a BJD-esque skeleton instead of a wire one. But that likely won't happen any time soon because that would be expensive as heck.

12. Seconding what others have said regarding ripped women, plus size dolls, readily-available fantasy parts and prosthetics (expecially jointed tails, like CrowBlackJay and Cuartos make for their dragon dolls), etc. A lot of these things do technically exist, but are so rare and/or specific that they may as well not. Fortunately, the bjd landscape seems to be growing more diverse in all sorts of ways, even if it's slow.

13. Bjds that are a replicas to my asian celebrity idols.

14. Unicorns (or technically Alicorns). Another one.
      Big cat.
      Insect fairy. Another one. Another one. Another one.
      A flower doll. Another one. Another one. Another one. Another one.

There's a crazy variety of choices out there these days, and I'm sure we're still just seeing the beginning of it. :)

15. Doll with four eyes!? You mean like what position?

16. One set on top of the other. Something like this old sketch of mine would be nice, maybe?[​IMG]
      Sorry its not great quality.

17. Those are nice. Though I admittedly should have clarified that I was thinking of MSD-sized dolls. Small ones are cute, but they don't allow for as much creativity. The unicorn and panther look great, though. Not sure how I missed them.

And the flower dolls are well done, obviously. But I was thinking something more along the lines of having a built-in dressing gown that resembled an upside-down rose, or a tulip, or a lilac or having vines for legs. And as for the insect fairies - again, I'd like their wings to resemble actual insect wings, like a dragonfly or a butterfly. What would be even more edgy is to have a fairy whose mouth resembles a dragonfly larva's mouth (look it up, you'll be scarred for life) The last one is unlikely to happen, but, hey, one can dream. lol

18. I don't know, I wouldn't put that past Doll Chateau. :XD: And those were just the ones off the top of my head, though I'd also like to see more wild designs in 1/4 scale, too (and really, all the scales, honestly). Even if they don't end up coming home with me, just seeing what people do with some of the more non-traditional sculpts is amazing (there are some gorgeous Moments/Ansons in the Project Journals area, if you want to see some drool-worthy work done on them).

19. Lol I wouldn't either. But the mechanism itself might be hard to pull off. If they ever do do it, though, I want the doll to have the most adorable face ever, so when they add the Eldritch Horror mouth people get confused. That'd be a great troll sale. :XD: