1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you wish were a different size.

Aug 20, 2018

1. My thoughts exactly!

2. I wish Granado Saturn were a smaller 75cm or was 70cm. I love the head sculpt, but I'm not a fan of the Titan body. And the head is impossible to hybrid, as it has a 16cm neck. orz
      Would love if the Immortality of Soul 80cm boys were available in 70cm (they're easier to hybrid than Saturn, but sometimes look bobble headed on smaller bodies). I also wish their 70cm boys were actually 70cm again. They used to be, but now they're around 66cm. Don't know why they made them shorter and still call them Class70. :/

3. I wish some of the handsome 75cm boys were about 58. And I don't mean the super realistic ones, so that they would resemple fashion doll versions of popular sculpts. But just a little smaller. I would have one or two of them, definitely, but for now I don't like the super big boys because it's all 'legs' to them and the heavy torsos... If the heads were smaller, in turn, I would have bought them and paired with a petite sd boy body.

4. I wish Angell Studio were making mature minis. Like, all their grown girls, just in 1/4. I like Cynthia so much, but she would not work for me with that height of hers.

5. god, I’d take practically any SD female in an MSD size! I just often like their facial proportions better, but I don’t think I’m going to get any SD dolls any time soon because they’re so big and expensive…

6. I wish more SD girl bodies we're closer to 70cm. The pickings get thin when you pass 65 (Loongsoul 69, Idealian68, Mecha angel--majorly discontinued, dollstown18, twigling, and formerly implied idol, but I think they shrank that lately) I would absolutely love the nobility doll muscle girl, but 70cm tall, and with less awful engineering, or a 65cm version of the dollmore glamour eve (not the model, because the legs are a little too long for my liking), or a BBB Charisma head that can fit an 11.5 cm neck.

Conversely, there are dolls I'd love to be smaller. A 58cm, little twigling ingenue or gamine would be a delight, I'd love the DFH male body with the ballet feet (68cm) to actually be either 65 for chromis, or 60-62 for Vesuvius. And I wouldn't have gotten into this Huge Mod Project if I could get a body with proportions that worked for me at 52cm (options are the DT elf, or the Zaoll, one of which is child-shaped, and one of which has single jointed knees) I'd have loved a body like the supia ballerina that size, or the argodoll body, or even the Angell Studio 58cm.

7. I wish more of the adult male dolls came in smaller sizes than 68cm+ It feels like most of the dolls under that size have more childish facial features which are cute, but don't suit characters I want to make. 68cm+ dolls take up so much space, so it'd be nice to have a bigger range of adult male dolls, and so they'd hopefully be a bit easier to afford too.

8. I wish the Granado boys would be around 62 cm. My other dolls are 57-58 cm. I wanted a bigger muscular guy in tan, but anything beyond 64-65 cm would be disproportionate to my crew. Even their Vindoll, the off-topic vinyl version of their sculpt, may be a bit too big at 66 cm I think.

On the other hand, I always loved Maskcatdoll's Inez, but she's a 1/6. If she was a 1/3, I would love to get her head. Or maybe not currently, since I already own 4 Maskcat's heads, but she was a very strong contender for my first doll, when I was still hesitant about a bigger size.

9. Looking at the announcement page... Ringdoll's new limited fullset, Decree Dog. Agh I love the holographic/iridescent look and robots/cyborgs are my weakness, but I don't do 1/3 scale. If he were 1/4 size (or, hell, 54cm total instead of 54cm not including the head) I'd be all over it, but he is not. Alas. I am saved from another doll yet again.

10. This is probably never happening, but I wish Soom did to their fantasy super gem line what Iplehouse did with their SD dolls, scaling them down into FID-like size. A lot of the posing issues SOOM big fantasy dolls, like Amber, has, are partially caused by just how heavy the extra parts are. Imagine Amber, Galena etc. in mature MSD size... I think I would get an army of those

11. I was glad to see this question come up. I collect mostly 1/3 size dolls, and mostly male dolls. Most of mine are in the 60 to 62 cm size range. I only have on taller, and she is a 65cm, but she is too tall for me, and taller than all the boys I have.

I really like all the mature looking male dolls, and would love to have several that I've seen, but they are all in the 70cm and above range. My shelves where I display my dolls will not accommodate dolls that tall. Plus I just don't like them that tall. It is nearly impossible to find mature looking male dolls who are not giants.

My "grail" if you can call him that, is Ha by Pygmalion. I will NEVER even consider getting him, because he is 80cm tall.

12. I really liked the sleepy version of delia from myou. The outfit and make up was so pretty but she was in the msd size and I’m not too sure if I should collect different sizes of dolls

13. I wish that most dolls would have a mini and tiny version :whee:

14. As much as I love my 1/3 girl, Flora, I often wish she was more of a 1/4 size girl! The same goes for Damen, he's 70cm tall, but he is an absolutely gorgeous sculpt! He has a big head so he needs a big body!

15. I wish more artist dolls were bigger. I see a lot on Instagram from independent artists and I love the aesthetic, but when I look up measurements, they're almost always 30-45cm, and I only collect 1/3 dolls. To make it even worse, most that I love are either curvy girls, really thin girls, or have very unique facial features, and I just can't find anything even remotely similar in a bigger size.