1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you'll never have....

Feb 1, 2019

1. Years ago, a lolita group I frequented were going wild over a Volks Momoko going on auction. I got swept up on the hype train, feeling a powerful urge to get her and knowing I couldn't afford it.

Then I realized I didn't want to own her, just look at her. Volks dolls may be expensive, but copying and pasting images to My Pictures is free.

2. I love a lot of youthful sculpts from Switch, RamCube, and Angell Studio. But my crew aesthetic now wont allow many cause they fall towards semi-realistic looking sculpts unlike before. :(

3. yeah! and so many of them!
      just an example 5th motif venitu. though someday I would possibly have the 1400 dollars it generally takes to get a full of these dolls (a low price for that doll but still a lot for a young collector) I don't think I could connect with such an expensive doll. and I would be afraid to do anything with it if I ever would want to resell him.
      other than that there is most of doll chateau's now discontinued dolls. seriously some of those sculpts were the ones that got me into the hobby. luckily I got myself the one I wanted the most but it still saddens me that I will never get a mephisto.pheles or any of the other beautiful sculpts that got dicontinued.
      there is also popovy sisters rat girl inspired by yolandi vi$$er from die antwoord. I am not even sure they sell her? if they do she is probably somewhere near 2000.
      then there has also been some zombie sculpts that I would have died for but they have all been discontinued. I'm serious someone out there make a nonlimited zombie doll, please :sweat

also, my current wishlist is around 30+ dolls and I will never get so many dolls no matter if I got the money. just because I want the attention between my dolls to be equal and that's hard with 30+ dolls (i think, I obviously don't have 30+ dolls) but I would imagine me only liking 6-8 dolls and then maybe some tiny's.

4. One other doll that I really adore and will never have is a Lusion Ice Dahlia. I'm totally in love with her, but she's huge, and really the kind that I would buy full set just to look at. (And that's a LOT of money for eye candy! LOL!)

The one doll I am really still looking for is DC Jodie, but there are a lot of others I regret not getting before they were discontinued. 5SD Yami in purple skin, for instance. Or Boo and Squee, or any of the Dreamhigh Studio micros. All dolls that were discontinued while I wasn't looking... I'm not sure I'll 'never' have any of them, though. If they crop up on the MP or on eBay I will probably try to get them.

5. I like babylamb, but it's too expensive for me. But I still think I can buy it through my own efforts.

6. Soom supergem Gena, any of the old CP delf Sculpts (like sometimes I cry over them... the characters I had for them too), and a lot of the super popular event heads from fairyland. As much as I want them I'm not really in a place where I can spend $600+ on a single head. :/

7. Yes unfortunately this happens to me all the time :(

8. It must be volks konomi!!

9. For me it would be a Volks SDgr Date Masamune 2nd Version! He's so gorgeous but it seems like I just can't bond with male dolls. And he's too expensive to buy him only to play a gamble of whether I like him or not.

10. There was a limited doll I saw in summer 2018, which I really wanted but I didn' t have money during that time, and now she' s forever gone:(
      I think she was from Luts

11. I think ultimately MDR Fang is going to end up that way. She is so gorgeous, but so expensive.

12. Never say never (I thought I would never get the old Delfs I pined for, and now I have the three I wanted) but for me, there are several Dream of Doll sculpts. They disappeared so suddenly I didn't even stand a chance to grab any of them. Twing-key is one, she pops up now and again secondhand but usually in rough shape. There were several SD size ones too. Ducan, Isis, and some of the LEs... if I ever do see them on the secondhand market they're way out of my price range :pout:

13. For me, that's almost all the dolls from Soom. They are so gorgeous and so expensive, while the quality isn't the greatest. I probably won't pay that much for the quality, looking at other people's doll satisfies me enough for now.

14. Dolls that are too similar to ones I already own (but I love them all anyway). I have to go look at my dolls every time to convince myself not to buy.

15. I think is enchanted dolls porcelain doll…they are so enpensive that I can‘t afford.

16. Before I seriously talked myself in picking up a BJD, I was making googly eyes at Trinity Dolls for months.
      They're so big!! And beautiful!
      But so expensive.. Over $2000...

I'm still making googly eyes at them... I have the page bookmarked...

17. Cuarto Ketar. I saw it and fell in absolute love with that magnificent dragon. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Ketar isn't worth the price - what with the gorgeous detail and how much work went into the doll. I'm just saying I cannot justify spending that much money all on myself, all at once. My heart cracked a little, but I was able to get over it well enough.

18. Dream of Doll Rain... I don't think ANYONE bought him so no chance of secondhand....
      Dream of Doll Black Elf Ducan.... 2 in the world *hysterical laughter* that's a big nope.
      Still, one can dream!

19. Unidoll Momo and Chabi... I haven’t seen a single Unidoll since buying my Cupi. And I’ll probably never buy a Unoa Lusis or sist. I love them, but so many people have them I’d feel like they would bore me.

20. I still hope that by the age of 70 I will buy Dollmore Trinity Doll Klaire.