1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls you'll never have....

Feb 1, 2019

1. Jo March from Volks. Even if I would be able to save up enough the custom fees and taxes would be so high that I could afford a whole doll from these alone.

2. I'm starting to think I'll never get a rap1993 Danni in Cherry resin. It wasn't a super popular colour and the one a saw second hand was gone in an instant. Thankfully Rap did quite a few pre-orders before discontinuing her so their not overly expensive right now....

3. I think I talked about this in another thread, but its a good question. I really want some of the gorgeous mature male face sculpts, but first of all they are all out of my price range, and secondly they are all too tall. I still don't have a 70cm boy, and I can't see myself ever getting one because I don't have the space to display that tall of a doll. And now it is REALLY discouraging because handsome boys are getting into the 80cm range ARRGGHH!!

#143 ParlourGoddess, Mar 12, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    4. Some Dream of Doll and CP delf sculpts. They become too expensive on the second hand market due to their rarety and am not willing to spend that much ^^

5. A lot of Dollshe dolls that, due to their "business" practices, I will not buy from Dollshe. I may never find them secondhand. We shall see- one day.

6. ooooo best of luck! she's gorgeous.

7. Chocolat Roze Heln :.( her price keeps going up...

8. I’ve always loved enchanted doll, but the waiting list is like two years and they’re super rare and expensive :...(

9. I don’t believe I will see an AngelHeim msd, which is one of my grails that I don’t think I’ll be able to get. They’re long defunct and I’m not sure how many were bought back then.

Maybe one day!! I’ve gotten many other dolls that I thought were unobtainable, so maybe this one isn’t too far fetched either! :roll:

10. I really really love the Granado Evol body. To this day, this is probably my favorite male body (the muscular 66 cm Popodoll body is a close second). But it's just too big. XD

11. I have a running list, sadly:
      • Soom Heliot (65cm+ is too big for me, if he were 62cm...)
      • Granado Enoch (beautiful, expressive, way too big for me)
      • K-doll Kamyu (I already have sleeping dolls I love, also I had a Kayan and a Karon and they didn't stick)
      • Elfdoll Vivien/Emma (pop up rarely, super popular, no real plan if I did have one)
      • CP Shiwoo Elf (super limited, pop up rarely, very popular, would be expensive)
      • Volks Sophie (Pink House collab release in 2019 for LA Dolpa, very few of them, expensive)
      • Volks F75 (love him, but again no real plan and the eyes are a little too large for me these days)
      • Volks Okita Souji SD13 version (Don't see him pop up much, expensive, eyes too big)
      • Peakswoods Rosemii (love her, but she doesn't fit my current collection well)
      • Youpla Shuri (head/eye size is too small for my collection and wouldn't fit well)
      • Fashion size anything (would have to buy a whole range of new clothes/eyes/wigs for them, barrier to entry is high when I've been collecting SDs for years)
      I keep running into the situation where I buy something I thought I would be head over heels for and it turns out to be very different in person, so these "hard to acquire" dolls all have barriers that put extra risk into the equation if I don't love them (or if I do).

It would be terrible if I did love them and I had to buy a whole new range of clothes for a single doll or if they were so heavy I didn't want to handle them, but at the same time liked them too well to sell. Or if I sank a small fortune into something I felt mediocre about when it arrived, or couldn't find a style I clicked with. Sometimes the reason why you don't have something is super valid beyond it being hard to find.

#151 vermaxen, Mar 19, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    12. Nefer kane's Moon is probably one that I'll never have. I rarely see any pictures of them. Would love to know any owners and how they styled the doll.

13. I guess never say never, but these are ones I don't think I'll ever have. They're dolls I wouldn't buy even if I saw them for sale. In no particular order:

• Dream of Doll Ducan elf ver. (company went under, secondhand he's rare and usually too much)
      • Dream of Doll Kalix in grey (same as above)
      • A second Sweet Gale Cyril (I wouldn't buy this even if it came up, because I already have one and I know it's rare, so I'd feel bad)
      • Peakswoods Kass/Kasspio in grey (I just can't bring myself to spend this much whenever he's available, and I don't think I ever will; I don't want him quite enough)
      • One of the big Soom centaur boys (too expensive)

14. Probably my grail, Somnia Crawler Nara. Patiently waiting for another pre-order. Also Pipos Bao… he’s so hard to find now!

15. I would love to find a second hand doll chateau Dennis one day but I doubt I ever will.

16. Ringdoll's 1/3 Sebastian :,) he's my only grail that I don't own. I've been hunting for him for a while now and I only saw him for sale once and the listing was over $2,000 (without shipping and proxy fees + the site doesn't do layaways). :chomp: There's only 50 dolls so the chances of me getting him are slim to none. :sweat

17. A Soom Onyx, preferably the romantic eye head. I have loved that doll for over a decade now, and she was one of the first I fell in love with upon getting into this hobby. (I had nowhere near the money for her at the time.)

I prefer the original head sculpt, although the newer one is nice, too. But the original is so old and limited that it does not seem likely that I would be able to find one in decent condition, for a good price. (I refuse to shell out over a certain amount of money for any doll.)

I am living without one just fine right now, so if I never get to own her (or some others on my mental “wish list”), I will continue to enjoy my ideas of her.

18. Probably a Delf Soony and almost certainly a Volks Coming of Age Nono. :chomp:

19. Volks Lieselotte Galerie de l'esprit and Volks Lorina SDGR Junichi Nakahara. I think both of these dolls are gorgeous, but the secondhand prices of these two are just to far out of my budget (without a very long layaway), sadly. Maybe one day!

20. Migidoll Miho in tan, on Style65 Guy body v2. (And I mean original Miho, not his later variants.) Since Migidoll has discontinued both head and body, he's going to be pretty hard to get.

But I'll never say never... who knows what the secondhand market will cough up one day...