1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe 28M Big Boys and Girls - What fits?

Jun 16, 2014

1. That's great news MadameMauMau...I held off on getting IH clothes because I thought they'd be too big/loosey goosey since there was the one size.

2. Been following this thread *closely* and wanted to add this. I received the Signor outfit from IH today in EID Man size and it fits
      David *perfectly*. It's as if he was used as the model. I am SO ecstatic!!

3. Oh that's great news Chrisy! More cheers for IH fitting the 28M.

So some updates:
      I measured the loafers I have from FT and they measure ~12cm x 4.5cm. The issue with the fit is that it takes some work to get them on. I suspect the more the leather softens, the easier it will be to put on and off. Took me about 5-10 minutes working them around to get them on BUT they will fit with work. (Side note: I don't like the style for my guy so I'm going to try for either the boots or the lace ups).

The Dollmore Glamour Model shoes I got - definitely don't fit. They measure ~11cm x 4cm.

Below he is wearing
      Sadol: 7-8 wig, fits well - it's also a stretchy type. The other 7-8 I have for him are too small (Little Monica, ForMyDoll)
      Sadol: Vivid Memory shirt specifically, SSDF (shirt buttons to the neck, slight tugging at second button but shirt isn't tight across shoulders/chest/back, sleeves fit fine)
      FT: Easy Going Cardigan: EID Model
      FT: Slim Fit Jeans (fits well standing, can't sit down without unbuttoning/unzipping)
      FT: Loafers (They fit, but from the first pic it took a lot of effort/few minutes working the leather to squeeze the shoes on). Shoes on.

Additional Picture
      [​IMG]

4. Thanks for all of that, people. We seem to be whittling it down and solving the mysterious inconsistencies that were truly baffling me.

Pics. Christy (just because I want to see a David in that outfit). XD

mdonline03, good news on the loafers. I will add that to the list.

5. Mods, I would be VERY grateful if these pictures could remain. I realise we are in the Discussion section, but these (hopefully) are very helpful in the discussion. Alternatively, could this thread be moved to the gallery section? Cheers.

Right, Ningyboy has very kindly given permission to post some of his pics here, with info.

Further to the FT loafers debate, the shoes with socks looking good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IH flip flops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IH side buckle slip ons (no longer in shop).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IH lace ups (this particular style no longer in shop)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IH red canvas high tops

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the clothes are IH's black slim jacket (which is great, as that is the one I bought), IH jeans and Nine9 Style EID three button cardigan vest.

And he agrees that the shirt collars on the FT EID shirts are loose, but does not find this to be a problem. So, matter of taste.

Thanks ningyoboy. flickr gallery here. Good stuff in there.

6. Glad to have helped in any way I could. Thanks MadamMauMau for compiling all of this reference stuff & Ningyoboy for sharing your boys as reference.

7. Ok, this is GREAT on the IH shoes. Thanks Mau! So then...I'm feeling more comfortable shooting for the boots David needs for the Signor outfit. And certainly, I'll get some pix done of him in it. He wears it GREAT. Although no faceup yet. :) (Soon, David, soon).

8. Wee little update on the shoes front. At my doll meet today someone had a pair of SSDF loafers and since they had no need for them, suggested I try them on my big boy. Lo and behold they fit and slipped on easily too, so I bought them. They still aren't the style I want for my guy…BUT it is another option.

Style here

9. Huzzah! Thanks for that.

And I asked in the 28M thread, but will ask here as well. Could someone please measure the size of the David eye opening, from inner corner of the eye to outer corner? Also, can someone confirm that rigid 12mm eyes fill the eyewell completely? It just seems such a step down from Dollshe's old 16mm eye wells that I am going to need some convincing.

10. Yes, David and Grant both take 12mm eyes............My Grant is wearing Dollshe 12mm eyes here. David's eye size is the same. 16mm would be WAY too big.
      [​IMG]Dollshe Blue by wizgerg3, on Flickr

11. Thanks for that, JinCIncy. There is a little gaping at the outer corner of the left eye (but not on the right). Is that because the eye wasn't pushed in fully, or is there some room around the eye? Before ordering bespoke glass eyes, I want to make sure I have the base size exactly right.

Cheers.

12. Oh he's so beautiful and dreamy JinCincy...

13. MadamMauMau- For some reason the left eye doesn't fit as flush as the right eye, at least on Grant. I have my David's open eye head packed away at the moment, so I can't say regarding David. I have Eyeco's in my David now though that are 12mm and I never noticed any gaping last time I had the head out. Here is a picture taken before I put his sleeping head on and packed the other head away.
      [​IMG]Dark and a Bit Dangerous by wizgerg3, on Flickr

14. Thanks, JinCIncy. That is very useful. Perhaps the Grant head has uneven eyewells, which would be annoying. But the gape isn't noticeable, except to someone who is looking for the perfect fit of eyes.

15. Got a pic of David in the IH Signor.r outfit. Also got some boots after feeling more confident on size, thx to this thread! And....IH has got to be the fastest shop out there. They shipped my item practically the day I ordered it. CRAZy!

[​IMG]

Edited it to add: In this photo I could've pulled the sleeves down a bit more, they were 'bunchy' from carrying him around a bit. Heheh, my son walks up to him (he's only a little taller than David!) and called him "baby", lol.

16. not the finest picture in the world, but i figured that this shot of my grant phillippe(yes, i know he is not quite normal;)), wearing dollshe 14mm eyes, would be of use as a eye size reference.to me, they are still in scale and don't have any visible gaps at the eye corners. hope this helps.:)

[​IMG]

17. Gah! So, rigid 14mm fit in the eyewell? OK. Now this is getting complicated, as 12mm and 14mm shouldn't both fit. Perhaps this is David vs Grant, as Grant does seem to have larger eyes, so Dollshe might have given him larger eyewells. The iris size I don't need, as I am ordering custom.

Right, I think I might have to wait for mine to come in and get the eye sizers out, just to make sure.

Thanks for that, MAITALIA.

18. Well, I now have my Kuncci and he is MAGNIFICENT!

I have sorted the eyes thing. The eyewell of the magnificent Kuncci is 12mm. However, the eye opening goes right up to the edge of the eyewell, so there is a slight gap at the corner. You can pretty much lose it by pushing the eyeball as far into the inner corner as you can. Iris size should be about 5mm. I have some 11mm Eyecos in there, which have a 5mm iris, and they look just about OK. Given that his eyes are half-closed, I could go a little smaller than that.

And there looks to be a collaboration between Dollshe and Freedom Teller to make clothes for the 28Ms. It sounds as though there is a fullset doll coming out as well as the "28M CLASSIC POSE body’s costumes designed by Freedom (Teller)". This is all in the Dollshe schedule for Oct.

My magnificent Kuncci is wearing Iplehouse EID and, as has been said before, the fit is decent. The jacket is too big across the shoulders, but I think it still is on the EIDs. Sleeves are too long, but I can take those up, and trousers slightly big in the waist, but not hugely. They wouldn't look too bunched up with a belt. Length is fine. Shirt collar waaaaay too loose, but again, they are on the EIDs. For photos, I pin it at the back. Strange how no one seems to be able to produce a collar that fits.

I have tried SSDF boots on him and they fit fine, so that is another option for people.

I have a Freedom Teller suit coming (oh joy! Didn't think I would be able to get one of those. Huzzah for photo contests!). They have kindly offered to shorten the sleeves for me. I would hope, given their collaboration with Dollshe, that they will be bringing out a range in 28M size soon, but perhaps they have an agreement that 28M clothes will be sold only by Dollshe. Let's wait and see.

I will take a quick pic of my magnificent Kuncci to show the Eyeco eyes. Faceup is only a preliminary one, so ignore that. It is one extreme face shape and will take a couple of goes for to get to grips with it.

ETA: Monsieur le Comte. 12mm Eyecos and Iplehouse EID suit and shirt.

[​IMG]

19. Iplehouse has a new outfit for the EID boys. I liked it so much I just got it..... Steampunk strider

Added: Hopefully Venitu is about the same size as Kuncci and the EIDs.

20. Venitu can wear a lot of the EID stuff. His arms are slightly longer, so sleeve length may be an issue on some things. EID model stuff is your best bet on pants, as superhero size are too big ( at least that has been my experience). Venitu is slightly thinner in the waist.