1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe 28M discussion

Jul 25, 2013

1. mdonline03 Awesome guy! Very stylish)))

JinCIncy such beautiful eyes. He is looking reproachfully and so sad.

MadamMauMau 16 mm are definitely too big. I tried 14mm Dollshe eyes, and they are ok. And now he has 12mm acrylic eyes. I'll measure his eyes later today.

Walter:
      [​IMG]

2. Looking very good, RedRibbon.

Don't worry. It is the base size (so the curvature of the eye well) plus the length of the eye opening I need, which is fiddly business. My David is now overdue (surprise) so I am hoping it won't be long until I can do the measuring myself. In the meantime, he has a Freedom Teller suit being made for him. Hurrah! I also added Those Brogues to the order, so will report on fit in the other thread, when they arrive.

3. MadamMauMau - Is Freedom Teller taking custom orders for the 28M body? Oh crudely crud if so since their mix/match event is ending this weekend and I will be no where near a computer.

On a shoe note - I did order the half boots for him but haven't been able to try them since he's been out for body blush. But dang the shoes are gorgeous. I think they're gonna work.

4. No, I ordered EID Model size, as it is the closest one can currently get. Have you looked in the "what fits" thread? Ningyoboy has found that their suits fit decently. I will go and get the thread. *goes off*.

Here you are.

5. MadamMauMau I'm really glad that you chose David and almost patiently waiting for final results of his custom!)))

6. Well, not so patiently now that he is (over)due, but hanging on in there. It was your lovely Walter that tipped the balance between a David and Grant. He showed that the face doesn't have to look quite as extreme as it does with some of them, and I like that.

And I will be making him an inverse corset, as the character is supposed to have a slight paunch. Hoping I can still button his waistcoat and trousers over it. XD Time will tell.

7. Thank you. It's an honour to hear something like that from you ;) Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you also waiting for your own D.K.? I can't wait to see the results, then.

8. Baw. Yes, waiting on a Kuncci in Oriental. Reschelling one of my core characters. This means that all three of my core characters is a Dollshe, which seems somehow right.

And a request. Could someone measure the 28M arm for me? What I need is suit sleeve length, so from where the shoulder seam would be (so, further out than the shoulder socket edge) to the edge of the wrist joint. The official measurement is 21cm, but I have no idea where that is from and to.

Cheers.

9. Mitya69 - Thank you. :)

RedRibbon - Very dramatic effect!

Aww…okay. And thanks for the link update. Greedily I thought I perhaps missed a new sizing offered. I've been ordering his pants, shirts, shoes & what not but didn't bit the suit bullet.

10. MadamMauMau, the 21 cm measurement seams to be right (I've just checked it out on my Urke), but if you'd like to have somewhat longer sleeves, I'd even go for 22 cm... But that's max I think.

mdonline03, yeah, he's a tragic character, after all ;-)

11. Thanks a lot RedRibbon. If anything, I like sleeves short as I like a strip of cuff showing. Doll jacket sleeves always seem to be disproportionately long, like they are wearing their big brother's suit to a dance. However, I don't want to overdo it as I can always take a sleeve up. but I can't add to it.

ETA: And my Kuncci is on shipping! Hurrah!

12. Have a nice waiting ;)

13. And my Kuncci has arrived. What a chunker.

Has anyone else found that the resin is rough on their boys? About two thirds of the surface is fine. A bit of tooth, but even. However, the back of the mid torso is rough and the largest area of roughness is, unfortunately, on his head. As luck would have it, the headcap is fine, but the face is pretty rough. I know from experience that trying to put pastel on that will only end in tears, so he will need a magic eraser exfoliation before I can start work on him, which I don't like to have to do as the resin then has no tooth.

Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem.

But, oh the feet and oh, the hands and oh, the knees (upper torso joint sucks, but I knew that anyway). And LOL at the clear resin "cup". He will need that if he ever plays cricket.

ETA: And, for anyone else who needed it, the base size of the Kuncci eyes (so, the size of eyeball that will fill the eyewell, if you are using rigid eyes) is 12mm. However, the eye opening goes right to the edge of the eyewell, so there is a slight gap at the inner corner of the eye, particularly on the right. I am thinking that silicone eyes might therefore be the best solution, as they can be bent round to fill that gap. I have tried 10mm Eyecos in there and they fill the eye opening, although the iris is slightly large to be realistic.

Why are things never easy?

14. Yay, congrats MadamMauMau! Can't wait to see your completed David.

The resin is indeed rough, but not overly so. It might be newer Dollshe thing (a couple of Saint heads I am painting have the same roughness to them) but I've never owned an older Dollshe so I have nothing to compare it too. Personally I've found that it takes pastel reasonably well, though I'm no expert.

By the way, I finished painting my Grant Phillippe:

[​IMG]
      Highwayman by chizzie_shark, on Flickr

There are a few more photos on my Flickr. He hasn't got a name yet, as the character I had planned for him didn't work out. So far I've simply been calling him "The Highwayman". Any naming suggestions?

15. He looks fabulous. Reminds me of a young Charles Dance, who has always been a very dashing man.

Yes, roughness I can usually deal with, but patches of roughness don't work. The pastel will take more heavily in the areas where the resin is rough than where it is smooth, giving a patchy finish. I have exfoliated the face, although it remains fairly rough. I will hopefully try a preliminary faceup tonight and see how that goes.

16. MadamMauMau - My David head came oddly rough too. His headcap is quite smooth, while his face is oddly rough in places. Nothing as bad as what you've described but noticeable enough. Did you get the Honey Skin?

chizzie_shark - Your Grant is beautiful! As for name suggestions...perhaps something starting with 'L'?

17. No, normal resin. I did buff him with magic eraser but, when I came to do the face up, the pastel was still patchy around the eyes, so wiped and rebuffed. That's fine. It was only a trial faceup, to get a grip on the sculpt. The only other time I have encountered resin like that was when Soom changed their casting company with the Heliots. The one I got had a face with gritty patches. I had to swap it over anyway, as it had another casting flaw. I wonder if this is just a glitch When did you receive your David?

#478 MadamMauMau, Oct 3, 2014
      Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    18. I received him around three weeks ago. Well...just his head...his body and other bits will come later.

19. Just realised I put the picture in the other thread and not here. He has been painted. Not an easy job as it is a very distinctive face. Also, that business with the rough resin and all the palaver of sand him with a Magic Eraser took time. But the face is smooth now and the second faceup turned out smoother.

I am collecting his FT suit tomorrow, so I will take a picture of him in that.

The eyes, though. These are Eyeco 10mm and the iris is still a bit too large. However, there is only enough sclera in these to turn them this far round before showing gaps. I therefore can't go any smaller with these. Hm.

[​IMG]