1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe 28M discussion

Jul 25, 2013

1. He's impressive! As for the eyes: I don't think they're too big. His eyes are half closed, after all.

2. chizzie_shark such a handsome young man! I like the color choice and overall style very much. And wish you luck with choosing his name, for me it's really difficult part.
      MadamMauMau congratulations!))) He's very impressive. Cold, arrogant, self-centered and very strong-willed, as it seems to me.))) Forgive me if I misinterpreted.

I didn't notice any unusual roughness, by the way. I have 4 dolls, made by Dollshe factory, and all of them have the same slightly rough surface. Maybe I'm just not so high -tactile person.

Ah, and Walter:
      [​IMG]

3. You know how much I love Walter. He is the one who tipped me over to the Kuncci side.

I have two other Dollshes from about 2008 and neither had that roughness. The only other time I have encountered it is in self-cast artist dolls, where I suppose it would be expected. Not a biggy but, as has been said in the main Dollshe thread, these cost so much compared to other dolls the same size that our expectations of quality are similarly high.

And that is fairly close to his character. Certainly strong and powerful, but not cold. Fiercely protective of those he loves (he is the Ringmaster of my circus world. The patriarch of the troupe), but that sometimes unknowingly drifts over into being controlling. I will take a photo of him with his husband, once I have figured out how to enlarge his wedding ring so that it fits his new, super-sized fingers (his previous resincarnation was a Dollmore Model).

I put this in the main Dollshe thread, but have it here. In his new Freedom Teller suit. And smaller wig. Much better fit.

[​IMG]

4. MadamMauMau Wow, I'm flattered, really! Thank you!
      I see, he is The Master all right!))) Such a pose! And FT fits well. Will wait for the pictures, especially with the husband (if I'm not mistaken, it's Palladino, my favorite Bernard ever?).
      About roughness. No, it begun in 2010, when Dollshe opened his own production. My doll from 2010 was already with this surface structure. But I always took it as some improvement, it looks like real human skin. But I don't make the face-ups for my dolls, maybe that's why we see it from opposite points of view)))
      And sorry for my English, I know it's faaar from sufficient.

5. Séverin looks fantastic -- I love that relaxed, slouchy-but-commanding pose you've coaxed him into. He looks amazing in that suit!

I'm amused at the coincidence of you mentioning him -- I had never heard of Charles Dance until recently (apparently, his productions weren't among the BBC pieces that made it across the Atlantic), but Lovely English Girlfriend LucyBond is very enamored of him, especially his performance as the Phantom of the Opera. She exacted a promise from me to sit down and watch his version sometime (which reminds me, we still need to do that!)

Very much hope that my next visit will allow us to get together (and I promise to have a bit more notice, next time -- this trip was almost spur-of-the-moment, because I'd been waiting until Kira was medically sorted out and settled in school, and then bought the next ticket over!) 'Til then, I'll keep happily making admiring noises at your splendid Nachtzirkus crew! :aheartbea

-- A :kitty2

6. But...but...but, Games of Thrones. Isn't that as huge over there as it is here? I don't watch it myself, but I know he is in it. As I say, a dashing chap.

And I managed to enlarge the wedding ring, by forcing it onto the shaft of a biro (which is the same width as a 29M's knuckles, for any others who need to know). I have glued the damned thing onto his damned finger as, when it is big enough to slip over his knuckles, it is too loose on his finger. There's commitment for you. XD

And, yes, be great to meet up at some point.

7. I haven't been watching it -- I've read most of the books in the series, but found them more and more tedious (loved the first two, but my regard has been sinking ever since.)

I don't watch much TV, so I'd rather hold out for something that isn't super-violent and depressing (since real life has been hard enough for the last couple of years, I'm going for entertainment choices that don't drag me down -- although the US version of "The Borgias," with Jeremy Irons as Rodrigo Borgia, is worth it!)

I'm waiting 'til the series ends, so that I can see whether people were delighted or disappointed, before contemplating taking on the TV series *or* reading past "A Feast For Crows" -- the last couple of books were a letdown, so I'm holding out to see if it finishes well.

That's wonderful that you were able to get his ring enlarged -- and gluing it on is probably a wise precaution! (Besides, he seems thoroughly committed, and I believe that both he and his charming husband would approve.)

Can't wait to see more of him!!

-- A (probably coming over sometime in spring, but I'll keep you posted!) :aheartbea

8. I asked a few questions on the other Dollshe thread. I did not know about this one. For those on both, I just never paid any attention to these dolls, never new about them and all of a sudden I love the 28m dolls!

One question I asked on the other thread was about Freedom Teller clothes 70m size and it looks like they fit these guys. I even wrote FT and left them the meassurements to make sure.

Now my real question is something that was mentioned on the previous page and that was about the roughness of the Dollshe resin. So which one is smoother, the honey or the pure? I plan to order Grant in 2015 and want to get everything set up.

Thank you for your help!

9. dollswest, The Freedom Teller EID model size clothing fits the Dollshe 28 guys pretty well. Freedom Teller is supposed to start doing clothing sized specifically for the Dollshe 28 size. The last 2 LE sets they did (Javier and Jean Valjean), you could choose Dollshe 28 size as an option. I'm guessing that means if you email them and request that you would like something made specifically to fit the Dollshe 28 body that they would accomodate you, but you could post a message on their Q&A board to ask. I have used the EID model sized clothing on my guys so far and for the most part it works.

10. Thank you for the info on the clothes. I did write FT and gave them the size of the Dollshe 28m. They have made me custom clothes for my Iplehouse nYID so I know they are very accomodating. Love their stuff and I do sew. Just not that fond of tailoring men's things. I will knit for them, but sew...well.

Anyway, my other concern..the rough resin on these guys. Which is the best one, honey or pure to order? I want to order one, probably Grant, after the first of the year.

Thank you again!

11. I ordered the pure, and I should be getting my Grant in the mail sometime next week. I'll post blank pics if that will help with the resin questions. :3

12. [MENTION=19926]dollswest[/MENTION] I've got a David head in Honey resin as well as a Saint in Pure resin and to me there doesn't really seem to be a difference in the roughness of the resins, though I suppose if I had to be picky about it I'd say the Honey resin is only very slightly rougher. Both are still beautiful quality. :)

13. Wow, he's stunning!

14. Thanks! I plan to get him all kitted up this weekend for a real shoot. :3

15. Oh gosh, he's amazing JinCIncy. Love that wig!

Grant here can't seem to keep his shirt on. XD
      [​IMG]grant by 木漏れ日, on Flickr

16. Woah! That is one epic outfit! He's stunning JinCIncy!

rianne
      - with a body like that I don't think he really needs a shirt... :nosebleed

17. JinCIncy- Dang. Great outfit. He's got an Anne Rice vampire vibe to him.

rianne- I'm with Quiet and Insane here. With a body that nice, no shirt is needed! Beautiful faceup.