1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe 28M discussion

Jul 25, 2013

1. Marjie:
      If you look at the bottom of the blog/ announcement for the new body options, it mentions that they would be open to other
      options/ combinations. They say to inquire with them about the combination that one is interested in.A torso with neck joint and no hip joint does not seem too difficult of a combination.

Worth asking.

2. Oh awesome, thanks!

3. MAITALIA beat me to it and pointed out that Dollshe is open to other combinations.

Slept on it and think I'll go with all the joints. My Rey's character needs to be athletic and flexible, so the Pose+ / L4 body is perfect.

4. Ah, if I ever got a Grant I would so go for the Pose L2. Those arm and leg joints are all I wanted in that body. :D

@StrontiumDog - Current pose-ability of the head on the 28M is quite limited in all directions, much like the little guys I'd assume. Ragnar's tattoos were the most time consuming and frustrating things I've ever done in my life. Huginn and Muninn are the ravens on his collarbones, Geri and Freki the wolves adorn his arms, and Yggdrasil covers the entire top half of his back.

5. That's very helpful Quiet and Insane...:abow:
      I had a message from Dollshe informing me about the options and asking if I had any questions, so I had stuck to the Pose+ / L4 version.

OK, now totally fascinated by Ragnar's tatts...:aeyepop:

6. You're quite welcome. :)
      Hah, sadly I don't have too many photos that properly show off his tattoos, as they're mostly covered by his mane of hair. I'll have to get some photos tomorrow if it's sunny. (Really, any excuse for him to get his shirt off...)

7. A new source of smart clothes for the Big Boys. SartoriaJ on Etsy have started making clothes for our big chaps and I have the black suit and Victorian ensemble (pics of that to come). Quality is excellent and the fit generally good. Sleeves and trouser legs are tighter than I would want, but the trousers fit the package in a way I haven't seen with EID clothes.

I have put the whole set of photos in the photo thread, for any who want to see more.

[​IMG]

#547 MadamMauMau, May 13, 2016
      Last edited: May 13, 2016
    8. Oooh looking sharp!

9. Oooh! So, which thread is the photo thread?

10. Thank you.

More! The SartoriaJ Victorian ensemble. Again, I have put the full set in the photo thread.

[​IMG]

#552 MadamMauMau, May 15, 2016
      Last edited: May 18, 2016
    11. That outfit looks simply stunning. I guess I'll have to bookmark that etsy shop :).

12. Oh wow, that suit does look fantastic :love
      I have been admiring the footwear from that seller too...just when I thought my lads look and character was set in stone. ( and yes, who knows how long it will be before he turns up )

#554 StrontiumDog, May 25, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    13. The brogue boots he is wearing (which are also from SartoriaJ) are very well made. I love this Victorian suit. It is spot on.

14. So are the shoes a good fit, too?

15. They are. They take a little effort to get on, but I have yet to find boots like this for anyone that don't. It is the nature of the style, I suppose.

16. *takes another look at the SatoriaJ Etsy site*
      Ah...no zip on those brogue boots then...but that's not a problem, Thanks for that MadamMauMau.

Can someone please confirm something. Looking at my little Rey Lewis, he has a metal lining in the top of the neck where the elastic comes up through. Is this the same with the big guys and gals too?
      When I had a Zaoll Luv with limited head range, I modded the hole in the top of the neck to make it larger and it made a big difference.

17. It is the same with the Big Boys. The range of movement on my Big Boy is a lot better than on my small one, as he is loosely strung. So, you have a choice, stands like a rock but can't move his head or expressive range of head movement and marginally precarious at standing. My Big Boy does still stand OK, though, so perhaps it is worth loosening the small chaps and see if that helps.

18. Very helpful answer MadamMauMau, that makes absolute sense, thank you.
      My big guy will be on the L4 body so he'll have the lower neck joint too, but I hadn't considered loose/tight stringing aspect.