1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe 28M discussion

Jul 25, 2013

1. Holy David they are talented there.. Dollshe may get me back as a customer again, or at least a big fan :ablink:.. Older works especially bodies weren't my thing but his body is gorgeous oh my god.. I want to see him with a faceup soon @__@ I thought I saw a dream when I saw this at their sites but luckily not hahah yes yes yes!!!

2. I wonder what the engineering is like. Those double jointed knees and elbows should give a good degree of flexion, and why make those weirdly bulging hip balls with the high sockets if they weren't to help him sit? And he is sitting in that last picture. However, his hand is behind his back. Is he propping himself up? Hm. We need more pictures.

And I was thinking again about the face. Because it is distinctive, it is going to evoke strong reactions, unlike a blander face. I think it will be a Marmite face (that will only make sense to fellow Brits), a face you either love or hate. Indifference is not an option. We won't know how we will respond until we can see it better. *Waits with interest*

3. I like the realistic and detailed sculpting of the body. Definitely a great piece of art.

Personally, I like more slender sculpts though, and I am not a big fan of delicate head sculpts on very muscular bodies. I have the same problem with Soom's Idealians. I like a few of the head sculpts, but the massive necks don't seem to fit IMO.
      I'm with krystina and hope they'll bring the skinny boys back.

4. Vegemite!!!
      I think you are right. But evoking strong reactions could be a good sales strategy, especially now that DollShe is starting a whole new product line.

5. He truly is stunning and I'm impressed by the details.
      That being said I'm one of the few(?) who's disappointed though. I'd much rather have the old boys stay than get this one.
      I'm also getting really bored of the muscle beasts all companies are going for now. I'm thinking about selling my Idealian because they're so cumbersome and a true pain in the backside to dress. Iplehouse has some clothes but they are boring and don't fit well at all.
      I'll miss the wonderful and slender bodies of the old ones. I hope I still have time to snatch another body up before the iconic Dollshe that I've always admired and been so amazed by disappear and is replaced with yet another big bulky set of muscles.

6. Nihmo, you know he will bring the old sculpts back again, right? He did it before and I would be extremely surprised if he didn't do it again. However, stopping sales of everything else as he releases this one means that there will be no distractions. I give it 6 months to a year before we can buy all the old favourites again.

7. I really hope so as I missed out on the last sale period for the old-boys :)
      Besides, you need more than Ausley and this new guy to keep in business right? I would have thought the others provided at least a steady income (even if they no longer stretched Mr. Kim creatively...).
      I wonder if this guy will be similarly sized to the Iplehouse EID's with regard to clothing and such.

8. I was utterly shocked when I saw this guy and Dollshe in the same sentence! I'm head over heels already. Though the strongest feeling is just that I have to see this doll in person. And paint him. ugh. :doh

Can't say much about the face yet either, with these strong shadow shots. To me it looks pretty great, tho. Love the overall shape of the head with all his features - the jawline, that eyebrow bone!, the nose and eyes etc. Fun fact is that my sister, me and a sculpting major guy once started a male centaur BJD and we wanted to make it really manly and nice... and this guy's face is pretty similar now. *rolling around*

9. Just wondering if the head we see in the shots is the SA or OE face....and can't wait to see him in the other colour choices.
      That last shot of him seated makes me think he would make for a great Caesar! :)

Bake_Neko I am drooling over your avatar! :D

10. I know there will be a third period where he will sell them again if that is what you mean? Or do you think he will sell them again even after that one? That would be lovely.
      I'd be sad to see them go even if the new ones are amazing.

I'm not going to be selfish and greedy though. I've got three Dollshe guys already and it seems a lot of people are going to have a really good time with the new guy and even though he might be too big for me (mostly because of the lack of clothes.) I'll still thoroughly enjoy what you all will do with him. Would be just my luck to fall for this guy and end up with him anyway if his face is as intriguing as it seems.

But hat is the beauty of the hobby isn't it?

11. Nihmo the third period for buying the old sculpts has already concluded. It lasted about a week but like others are saying they will most likely be back in the future.

I'm absolutely in love with the new guy. I wonder how compatible the body will be with the old sculpts heads in terms of proportion. I hasn't a saint that's in need of a body and this way I know the resin will be a perfect match.

12. Okay, silly question coming, sorry: I'm not very familiar with Dollshe's plans and reasons bacause only David took my attention after years.. so what was the real reason to discontinue those skinny boys if they still have a huge fanbase and they sell well? Do they listen their customers at all (I expect that all of those old-dollshe-fans have requested their boys stay on the page and keep selling) ? I wouldn't mind if they keep selling those with David or other bigger guys, why they would?

13. Ah, obviously missed that one.
      Oh, well... I'll look for my lanky boys some place else. Don't think Dollshe will be devastated to lose me as a customer.
      Apparently he will gain many news ones with Mr.Bulky.
      Shame for me though because there are heads that match Dollshe's skintones that I'm interested in, like Silk's newest and I wanted to use a Dollshe body for that.

14. Because the Iplehouse EIDs were kind of hard to find clothes for...I made a chart in my excel.
      The picture only shows Soom ID72, Iplehouse Model & Hero, and I added David's size.
      I copied the measurements from the sites so I give them the benefit of doubt when a ridiculous size appears like the Soom ID's arm length.
      But basically neck circumference are all the same. David doesn't have the widest chest or shoulders and not even longest arm length. He kind of fits in between the Model and Hero sizes of Iplehouse. Which means he'll be able to wear their clothes no prob.
      I hope this helps.

[​IMG]

Edit: Also, I noted earlier about the strange size of his head. And from this chart...you can see that his noggin is waaay smaller compared to the rest.

15. I love this sculpt, but I agree that it's a shame that they scrapped the rest of their molds. It's a bold move by the company and I respect that, but it's unfortunate from a doll owner's point of view...

16. This is really useful and good to know - thanks for sharing! :)

17. O M G,

I think I am about to convert.... he is stunning, amazing detail. The hands and feet, Wow I think I am gonna have to have one of these! at least 1!

:drool:wiggle:eusa_pray:abow:

18. Christie, get one, bring him to a meet. This is important. :lol:

19. Woah! As expected from Dollshe, its an exceptional sculpt and amazing detail! Too realistic its scary!:sweat

20. I don't think Dollshe will make the older male dolls again, I just asked this very question on their Q&A Board and it is open for everyone to read so hopefully they will answer it. I do think this was the last time to get the older dolls, they are going in a new direction with their dolls and I can't wait to see what they make next!