1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Bermann FAQ

Oct 4, 2006

1. I know that I put 10awg through the Hound bodies. And it goes through fine. I haven't tried to put wire through the new Bermann body. I thought 10 awg would go through the new Bermann body, as their knees would have been resculpted from the old Bermann body. Hmm... maybe I will have to try this when I get home.

helene -- Cool! How long does the MSC last before you have to respray it? How many coats do you use?

2. I just checked on Vincente and I did put the 10 awg through his legs (Bermann 77) and
      I got it through the knees. If I remember right, it was a tough fit. I had to push it
      through enough where I used pliars to pull it through the rest of the way. When
      looking just now, pulling the legs apart to see, I saw the wire in the knee joints and
      could tell it wasn't moving at all, so it's pretty snug in there, but it does work. Just
      realllllly tight. It helps a *million* though stabilizing those knees!

3. helene -- Cool! How long does the MSC last before you have to respray it? How many coats do you use?[/QUOTE]

hello hello - I put 2 layers of spray, holding the can opening from a distance of about 35 cm away from the joints. They've been able to stand on their own unassisted eversince. I'm not familiar with the original 77 joints though, I heard they are a bit more of a challenge to stabilise, in that case wiring might work best.

4. Interesting! So, then, Christy, would you say that in using wire of this gauge with this sort of fit, you're basically negating any strength the stringing lends - that the doll is just held together with the cording but it is the wire that then takes over completely? And do you find the cording gets worn where it's really tightly fit in with the wire?

5. Hey just thought I'd share my experience on this. I had my Haute Hound wired at one of the cons I went to by a friend. I do not know the guage wire she used but over time I found there was wear on the strings.

One day, I went to pick up my Haute Hound from out of his bag and he came apart from the feet down. Apparently the wire had damaged the cording, my best guess anyway, but now I have my boy in pieces. Guess it's finally time for me to learn the fine art of restringing, sueding, wiring a doll. LOL!

6. Well...the string still has tension ...there's "pull" when I grab the feet, so
      yeah, it's still pulling everything together because it has it's own space
      in the 'hole' next to the wire. The wire is on one side of the hole and doesn't
      prevent tension, if that's what you mean.

As far as damaging the string, I haven't really thought of that, or looked for
      it. Maybe I'd better, lol! So far though everything works just fine. The
      wire is insulated, there are no sharp edges of wire rubbing against string where
      it could sever it so I would think the elastic would be fine. But I'll check
      anyways.

I have found on the newer bodies, that a little dab of hot glue on the lower leg
      and upper calf...on each side of the socket that meets with the knee, does
      wonders for those springy knees, btw...

7. Just recently I saw my first Bermann on here and now I really want one. I looked everywhere for one but cant seem to find any. Does any one know WHERE HAVE ALL THE BERMANN GONE???:...(

8. Actually, surprisingly, I've been seeing a few Bermanns for sale on the marketplace and eBay. Though they've been going for around $5000-8000.
      And that FAQ is very informative.

9. Thanks, the FAQ was a lot of help. I was really looking forward to getting a Bermann in the future too.....

10. Whoa. Super exspensive!

11. They are limited edition and are sold out. They were originally sold from Tensiya.com

they ocasionally pop up on Ebay the most recent one sold for over $4,000
      I'm wanting a tanned bermann personally ^.^V

12. There should be plenty of posts if you do a search (title) for "Bermann".
      They've been released since 2003, then Tensiya started selling them as
      a re-release in 2005.

Out of the total Tensiya has sold (66 so far), there are only
      11 left that will be available for the next pre-order (which is unknown at this
      time), and then they will no longer be available except through the second-hand
      market.

I recommend signing up and getting on Tensiya's mailing list for news.
      ;)

13. Oh good lord....*_* I really want a Bermann, but I really don't think I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting one if they go for that much. Firsthand, at that! And I imagine they go for waaay more on the secondary market... *sigh* :|

Edit:: So, I looked through the prices at the bottom of the Tensiya Bermann pages (the Anu limited section), and they have the price listed as a little under $900 without shipping. Is that the actual price they went for at the time of their release? Or was that a sort of starting price and they were sold in a sort of auction on the Tensiya site? I'm just a little confused. If that actually was the original price, then is the reason the next release is more than double that figure because they are the last release?

14. The $900 price you're talking about was the price of the first couple of Bermann releases (Shinsengumi and Valentino for sure) The retail price has increased over time and the last Bermann released ended up being $2,000 plus shipping to the people who won. The next one could be more elaborate since it's the last Bermann release so it could cost more. *_*

Second hand prices are higher - $4,000 to $6,000 being average but they've been known to go up to $8,000 depending on the bidding war. :sweat

15. Ok, that sounds more like it. XD I thought as much, but the website was confusing me. :) Thanks for the info. (And geez, I never realized they went for so much. *_* That's nothing short of astronomical!! But Bermann is an amazing doll... XD)

16. Generally, how much is shipping? Around $70? And isn't the wait a few months as well?

17. I don't know about shipping as I got mine second hand.

Wait time after purchase is anywhere from six to nine months.

18. Wow there is so much information to learn about his dolls! The work on them is awsome and in such great detail!

Angie

19. Just an fyi... the Bermann FAQ I created and had to take down last year, is added to my Blog. I updated the first post with a new URL, but I'll post here too. I'm slowly adding material to the blog/FAQ so FYI. It's going to be several months until I finally get it back fully with all the info I have.

Here is the FAQ.