1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Boy "Van"

Jun 29, 2006

1. he reminds me of trent reznor...uhmm. his nose is pretty - big noses for teh win!

2. i've liked most of the dollshe boys...but this one...He looks rather odd to me, so I really don't like him...it might have somethign to do with luts' face up decisions with the dollshe boys, but it might not. I dunno. HIs face is too sunken in like Bernard's for me...ehh...

3. I, personally, reserve judgement for when better pictures come out. I can't make out any facial detail, at all. The nose is almost absent, it's so washed out, and his head is tilted downward pretty sharply, causing his chin to dissapear and his forehead to look huge. For all I know, he might be the dandiest boy that ever walked the earth, but that photo doesn't give me that impression. :/

Are other photos out there? I'm one of those people that Tensyia blocked.

4. Hmm... As someone that is saving to buy a doll to turn into Trent Reznor, I have been torn over looking for the PERFECT face for him... And yes one or two angles of Van did make me wonder... However Untill other pictures of him come out im not so sure... With his big nose and wide eyes, he has like an intense/scared Trent look to him *giggles* As for said nose and brow it DOES cry out of a little reworking and sanding XD so im glad im not the only one... Gah... One of these days I sware Im gunna need a poll to see which dollshe boy would best fit Trent. But I dunno.. Something about Van just kinda... Sticks in your head once you've closed the page O.o...

/Violet

5. Why does Luts always get the first photos? XD I rarely prefer their official images to, say, Iplehouse or Tensiya. We'll see what he looks like with their faceups :3

He definitely has a unique look. I'm not altogether opposed to it. I wonder what he'd look like as an SA version X3

6. Tensiya says they are considering Van, but it's not definite that they will feature him.

7. Oh, no~! :o I planned to buy all of my Dollshe boys from there, since they always do such a good job with them.

8. I have just had this email from Jee at Dollmore regarding Van and their new 'Model Boy' who will be 75 cm and a partner for Bella and Ipsae.

HAHA.. YES. Dollshe Van will be released on Dollmore site soon.
      he is being worked for make-up and photos.^^

75cm Model boy will be also relesed soon.
      but I cann't say the exact date. rally sorry.^^;;;

thanks for your interests~!!!!!
      Dollmore Jee.

I look forward to seeing the Dollmore face up as Luts seem to over-expose their photos.

9. My mind flew to that conclusion too, about Vaan from escaflowne :'P
      I don't know, dollshe boys need to grow on me a little, too. I didn't like him much, until I realized how much potential he had to become Zongi, who is also from the same show !
      Oops <3

10. http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=2376

Dollmore is carrying Van, now. I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but figured this thread wanted an update, anywho.

The faceup is nicer, IMHO, on Dollmore -- or at least, the pictures are nicer, it's awfully hard to tell what the luts faceup even looks like, to my eye.

However, it does, for the most part, cement my opinion about him, in general....

11. yeah i noticed Dollmore having Van on the site, but he still looks...so alien-esque...i guess it's just the mold... Nanuri does the same thing for me...*sigh*

12. OMG I truly love the Dollmore faceup... now I am torn between getting Van or SA Husky...

13. I would have to do some serious modding to that nose to get something I would like.

I think I will just wait and hope for more DollShe sculpts to be released, hopefully a few more before the end of the year. I am still looking for the perfect Eiri head.

14. i love noses with character! and how there is no dip from forehead to nose bridge. it's very classical-greek-sculpture.

15. That's a definite improvement compared to the Luts face up... He is beautiful! Despite extremely strange nose. :)

16. I really love that nose!:aheartbea

I know I mentioned this someplace but St. James is pondering the possibility of making an SA Van into an angry girl character of hers. Nobody makes big nosed girls. :(

17. How come he is on Dollmore and not Tensiya? Didn't tensiya make him?

18. Tensiya doesn't make DollShe ^^ They distribute them, just like Luts and Dollmore and a few others.

19. Van is made by Dollshe Craft, like Hound, Saint & Bernard, Afghan etc.

Dollshe releases their standard molds through several distributors like eLuts, Iplehouse, Dollmore, and Tensiya - a release through Tensiya only means that Anu is the stylist for the dolls that come through her company.

Wow, Dollmore did a great job on Van! That's the best I've seen him so far.

20. Ah, I understand now. :nod: