1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Classic 8B (39cm) Robin & 6G (35cm) Rosa

Oct 3, 2015

1. I saw Dollshe was having a sale that I couldn't pass up! I bought a 39cm Robin in Pure Copper Oriental skin (basic package, no extra hands/feet/paddles). After reading all these post I feel like a long waiting period is expected.

I was inspired by Saraht and a Russian picture of a faceup off Google (sorry for not knowing whom to credit!) I saw Robin as a "dad bod" type! I've been hoping to find something, and this was it for me! His realistic face was absolutely perfect for a character I wanted! I want to have a mustache, beard, chest/arm/leg hair. Not sure if I'll use faux fur or paint/watercolor pencils or mix of both yet.

I mostly have a collection of Angel of Dream 1/4th sized 44/45cm bjd's. Robin will be shorter. I have a B&G and Dikadoll that are both 42cm. Atelier Cyna*mon Haselle bunny is 41cm. 5stardoll Jadite is 30cm (sorry! I'm very visual and trying to get an idea here) all of my MSD's are adults.

Seeing he's 39cm I noticed Minifee M-line's are 38cm... might have to get him a girlfriend. Any other (busty) adult mini suggestions? (Or any other suggestions/ideas?) Thank you

2. I’m not sure if that will work since Robin has a child’s body and face! Iplehouse Kids would be a better match I think, they’re 35cm. Perhaps still a bit slim next to Robin, but their body proportions will probably fit better.

That said, I get that you want to turn him into an adult. Maybe it would be better to wait until you have the doll in person, or ask if anyone can post a comparison between Robin and minifees! That way you’d get a better idea of how he will actually look next to another doll. At these smaller scales, the slightest thing can throw dolls off!

3. Oh my, Rosa is amazing!

4. The dollshe web page is down!
      It shows "bad gateway 502" and I bought a Pure Copper Oriental 38cm Robin in full during the sale!

Now I'm worried.

5. It’s happened a few times now. I’m not worried as such just yet, but it isn’t super reassuring!

6. 3/3/19 update: email recieved and website works! They apologize for the hiccup. I feel reassured.

7. Got Rosas head back from the faceup artist, yay! She has made a beautiful job. Faceup made by faceup_akord.
      I am trying some wigs on her, let's see which one will be choosen. She will be definitely a brunette.
      I put Rosas head on the Dollshe 26F Fashion Maxi body in 41 cm on this photo:

[​IMG]
      2019-05-21 Dollshe Craft Rosa with a new faceup
      by nufadolls, on flickr

8. She looks adorable. I just love how realistic the Rosa sculpt is :)

9. Thank you, Sharkyra. Yes, she is so a realistic sculpt, versatile, too. ^^

10. I adore both Angela and her older brother. I fell in love with them after they weren’t produced any longer. Dollshe has her available again but I’m unsure of the available colors — they don’t have all the previous color options. The lighter choice, I feel, is too light but the darker option may be too dark. Often times the dye lots of resin colors is somewhat different. I adore your pale tan resin but I’d prefer a little darker.

11. The wait is well worth it — especially from Dollshe!

12. Tan is a really pretty color, like rich dark chocolate. I have Owen in tan, but he is off getting a face up now, so not available to take a picture of. I really like the pale tan too. It is not super light.
      Here is Angela again (in pale tan) with my Honey Caramel brown Robin
      [​IMG]Siblings by wizgerg3, on Flickr

13. Did you order an Angela? I placed an order on the reintroduction of Angela. . . I'm having difficulty finding clothing. Did you have any luck finding outfits, if you have Angela?

14. What type of clothing are you looking for @warmshadows ? I go for a historical look for my kids and I've found that a bit of MSD stuff works on them, the dresses are just longer on them of course. Some of my Tonner Matt clothing fits the boys well. The outfit my Rosa is wearing here was made for an MSD, It's from Dollmore, the sleeves are a tad long and the length is of course longer than it is on the MSD dolls, but it works for the look I was going for.
      [​IMG]Brown Shades by wizgerg3, on Flickr

15. I am really happy to be able to join in this group - I have a Rosa due to arrive tomorrow!

16. I'm looking for any item of clothing at the moment. I have had no luck!

17. A black and white shot of Angela, just because I was playing with edits
      [​IMG]Black and White by wizgerg3, on Flickr

18. More pics of him over in the gallery thread, but just wanted to share my little "Fergus", who I named after the character in the Outlander TV show because I think he looks so much like the actor that played Fergus in S2 of the show.
      [​IMG]Ready for Adventure by wizgerg3, on Flickr