1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollShe craft 28M and 26F Fashion Pose 44/41 cm size - Part 4

Mar 25, 2019

1. @Teseya Congrats on making it through such a long wait! I'm glad you finally get to enjoy your girl.

@TatterPunk I've a yen for knee-high boots myself so I'm vicariously excited to see what you get worked out for custom boots, haha.

2. The seller is gonna do it! I'm super excited. .. they're even less money both than the last pairs of boots I bought for myself. .. so I'm either doing well.. or I'm spending too much on people boots lol.
      I'm getting them from MarbleMoonShop on Etsy. . . pretty sure all the girls are gonna be fighting over them until Myrrh's body gets here.

3. Ooo! Those look nice! Real leather is so nice, as I'm sick of the pleather/PLU on doll shoes and clothes flaking almost immediately. I'd only worry a bit about the dyes. I may commission her for shoes for my boys and my new Diana. I wonder if the bimong narae pointes are similar to my Diana's.
      Also, I can tell a true doll owner by the phrasing of your shoe buying experiences, paying too much for people shoes is not something normal people would say, lol! Just us.

4. @TatterPunk Oh marblemoon is great! I'll have to remember to poke her when the time comes. Also I feel you on the people shoes, but I do believe in quality over quantity there. XD

5. She'll be wearing stockings most times so the dyes won't be a problem, so there's that at least. I too am tired of all the faux leather in the doll shoes.. and human ones for that matter. And don't get me started on people calling it "vegan leather"... anyway though.
      I tend to spend a lot more on doll things that I would on people things, it's kinda ridiculous if you think about it...they don't even need to actually WALK anywhere! But . . . .it makes me happy so yeah.

I have high hopes for these boots, they're to be black, knee high, laceup with three buckles, and silver pointedish toes. I love the Dollshe feet.. I don't love trying to fit shoes on them. Poor Vincent is still shoeless cause I can't find anything yet that I find properly perfect for him. He may need some custom boots.. as may my smol Adonis when he shows up eventually.
      I would sooner spend this much on doll footwear than on human footwear.

6. Does anyone know of any heeled feet that fit the 28M body? I was thinking that Iplehouse female FID feet might work, but I'm not sure.

7. I just tested it and they don't fit at all. The ankle of the FID foot is much too wide for the 28M foot, and the feet are so much shorter he has a barbiedoll look about him. Photos can be found here: the Tatterpunk on Instagram: “Iplehouse did heel feet on 28m dollshe comparison. . . . #bjd #bjdfeet #legitbjd #bjdcomparison #iplehousefid #dollshecraft #iplehouse…”

8. Thanks for testing it! A shame they don't fit, because I'd love to have some heeled feet for my Rey Lewis and I figured those would be a good option, even with the length mismatch. Back to the drawing board I guess!

9. So...I had always wanted a saint all these years. Dollshe came out with the msd version and I was stoked. However, I have been seriously annoyed with myself lately because the more I look at my Saint, the more I dislike him. I have been looking at photos of Saints and it seems to me that the ones I gravitate to have smaller eyes. Some seem to have larger eyes...is that just my imagination? :?

Maybe someone familiar with the SD versions knows for certain. I know he revamped his dolls numerous times over the years with different body styles and faceplate vs head with headcap.

I am very tempted to mod his eyes smaller or use his sleeping head to make a smaller OE. The newer sculpts have smaller eyes (which I prefer) than the older ones and it sort of dashes my dreams a bit about finally having an msd saint. He seems almost cartoonish in comparison with his large 8mm eyes. :(

10. @redmaiko It's not you lol. There's been at least 4 saints. The original had the smallest eyes I think. There was headcap and a faceplate renewal. Then there was the grown... The grown is what made it to the fashion scale. He actually has the most similar 'vibe' to the original, plus the SA/EN versions made it possible to get any kind of saint wanted. Saint also just has a much more doll-like big eyed vibe than the newer dollshe sculpts of course. That said, Saint is one of those sculpts that's made or broken by the faceup, so that's a factor too.

So no, you're not crazy at all, and also there's a lot of factors at play.

11. @rianne You know, that makes a lot of sense! I'd been wondering recently why I saw Saints with varying eye and mouth sizes, but I thought it must have been the faceups making them look so different. Thank you for solving that mystery!

12. So I did some digging, and OG saint had big eyes. I've owned the headcap and faceplate models that came out between that very limited initial run (there's hardly any of the original saint) and the grown redesign. The headcap version has more of the subtle musculature that og/grown saint both have. The faceplate model has the smallest features: even the nose is shorter.

Part of what throws people is that SDink let Dollshe use her images for the official pages, and they just used her saint (well, one of them: i think the one they're using is a faceplate version) as the default model, regardless of the actual sculpt version. You need to scroll down or go to the blog and find the grey masters to see the actual sculpt. The other thing is most people don't note the version they have, so researching via owner images is a mess if you aren't really good at visual ID.

13. Wow!! Thank you for that @rianne ! They really are very different-similar but different. 2009 version eyes seem to be the one that originally drew me in as that one came out not long after I got into the hobby. SDs have always been too large for me so I wasn't aware just HOW different they were. Yup, I am definitely modding mine!

14. Hi! I might be buying an Dollshe Amanda 41 cm girl (secondhand) and was wondering what eye size do you recommend for a realistic look?

15. I have one here, and she fits the various small iris 6-7mm I have lying about. I don't know which head version this one is though.

16. I usually special order 7mm PW3 for my Amanda from Dreaming Tree Eye.. meaning paperweight with small iris, but not as small as the ones for Erica who gets PW3x cause her eyes are smaller. I like the 7mm cause it ensures no gapping but still fits nicely.

17. I was gonna get her some 6 mm would that be too small then?

18. I haven't really tried 6mm rounds at all as I don't have any lying around. If @rianne says they work then likely they do. .. It's just a preference thing really I think.

19. Okay! The eye maker made these for me (looking to have demon eyes for this girl) and was making some trial and error eyes
      [​IMG]

20. OOOh those are super pretty!
      And since I was actually able to take a photo or two today, have Mercy and Vincent being adorable.
      [​IMG]My Darling by Tatterpunk, on Flickr