1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollShe craft 28M and 26F Fashion Pose 44/41 cm size - Part 4

Mar 25, 2019

1. @faerie_bard I can help you string him! I have a fashion size Arsene I need to tighten the stringing on. I also have a Khan (70cm) arriving next week most likely (he's been shipped by BJDivas), who'd be easier to see the process with (and he's also closer to Dollshe's Mystic body including the male parts). I'm happy to use either as an example to get you up and running with your new fellow!

2. @Nissa Thank you so much! Yes, please, that would be great! Should I PM you or?

3. Oh lord, oh help, oh no.

I know Dollshe has terrible wait times and customer service and who knows what will happen with him in the future. I know this.

But $190 for a special package Diana is pretty hard to pass up.

4. @Crissaegrim I couldn't pass it up...a year and 6 months ago. I'm still waiting on my pale tan Diana. It's something I can't recommend.

5. I finally got some lovely shoes for my Ausley! They're American Model sized from Facets Boutique. She can even stand in them! And in getting out her heel feet, I realized she has yellowed quite a bit. The pink is almost completely gone from her, leaving a still very pretty ivory. She's from 2014, so I guess it's to be expected.

[​IMG]

#506 Thymeseer, Mar 12, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    6. Hello, I'm new to Dollshe! I just bought an Aramis head secondhand, and I'm wondering- what size eyes are best? I saw 10mm, but then- what about the iris ratio?
      Also, does anyone happen to have any hybrids? I know I asked about eyes before body- but I figured that's the easier part of the equation- unless I can find a Dollshe body on the secondhand market. :sweat

7. I received my Ausley a bit ago after a 17 month wait (0/10 would not recommend)
      Sadly, in true Dollshe form she came without silicone kips in her :( Which was a disappointment. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could possibly make my own from?

Other than that she's absolutely gorgeous and I totally 'get' why everyone back in the day loved Dollshe dolls. I can't wait to get her worthy enough for photos.

8. @twylight - maybe you could find something like this silicone scrubby brush and cut off some nubs? (https://www.amazon.com/Nuby-Scrubbies-Silicone-Built-Handle/dp/B0869DHJ6B) That was my first thought, so there may be better ideas! I just did a quick search and this came up, but there are probably other options (and if you want to try it a clear or white silicone might be safer just in case of staining). Also, if you could find something in person you might be able to get the perfect nub size to fit the holes.

Congratulations on receiving your Ausley - I owned one for a while in the Classic Maxi size and sold her because she was just too big (I'm 5'2" and weak lol) but I still think she has one of the prettiest and most unique female faces out there!

9. So, question. Other than the COA is there any way to tell a legit Dollshe doll from a recast?

I've seen a second hand Grant Phillipe that I would very much like. He's almost the right height and he's on the Pose L4 body which means flexi boy. He's a project doll, needs some work and has no COA so the price reflects that. But because there's no COA, I was wondering if there's any way to check.

10. All the dolls came with COAs. If they can't give you the varification for the doll, I'd assume it was a recast. (If I remember correctly the COA was the size of a credit card and made of plastic.)

11. If you send me pics, I can compare them to my Grant. Will definitely need pics of the back & inside the head + headcap.

12. Thanks for the offer but the seller updated the listing and the doll is a recast so that's unfortunate.

13. I wiped and redid my Rey Lewis's faceup, and I am much happier with it! This boy is one of my favorites. :whee:
      [​IMG]Snuggle by Tineke, on Flickr

14. Thank you!! I think I need to bring him outside for photos in the fall colors. :)

15. I see this post is a bit old, but the eye question hasn't been answered yet and I think I can help if you still need it (or if anyone else does for that matter). When I had an Aramis I put 10/4 mm eyes in him. Unfortunately I no longer have the doll, but here's a picture of him with the eyes in. My apologies that this isn't the most flattering photo. *_*

[​IMG]

I think 10 is a good size choice, but as you can see these particular eyes don't completely fill in the gaps in his eye sockets. 4mm is my preferred iris size with his style of sculpt. You could probably go a little bit smaller if you want a more realistic look.

16. Here's my Diana and Ausley (plus a friend: Legrand Dolls Briana)! I'm struggling with how I want my Diana's faceup to go. Do I want nude, or a richer look? It's so hard to decide!

I also picked up an Adonis head and was debating on his body. Does the newer Doll Leaves body seem like it would work? I want him lean and lanky, and I fortunately don't really care about color match. Doll Parts, Doll Leaves - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections

[​IMG]

17. I finally got my Adonis all painted up,and with a nice hybrid body to boot! The Akagidoll 47cm body is a fantastic option, and the color is pretty close. He still needs neck and shoulder freckles.

[​IMG]

#519 Thymeseer, Oct 18, 2023
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    18. If anyone is having trouble finding eyes for their dolls that suit them, may I recommend Ojomania on Etsy? This is how their grey eyes look in 6mm size in my Diana:
      [​IMG]

There's a tiny gap at the outer corner, but it's only noticeable to me at all because I know it's there I think. They also have 7mm eyes that would probably eliminate that problem altogether. Lotta colors, very good prices. Guess I gotta get Diana back out and play with her a bit more!