1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollShe craft 28M and 26F Fashion Pose 44/41 cm size - Part 4

Mar 25, 2019

1. @TatterPunk we need a crazy-cake detox program. XD

@petiteballerine watch out for that 'need more props' thing. I started down that path 6 months ago, and now my fashion crew have dedicated bins and craft containers full of props, and I haven't even finished putting together their diorama lol. Seriously though, there's so much great stuff for these guys. Most 1:6 items work beautifully.

2. Hahaha! I hear you @rianne . when I lived in Colorado, I started making miniature 1/12 scale furniture and rooms, began selling them, built a workshop downstairs in our house (view of the lake and mountains) with mini saw, lathe, exotic woods, the whole thing. Cabriole leg, anyone?
      I've been trying to avoid props for dolls. but these little guys and girls really cry out for their own space!

:whitetruffle

3. @petiteballerine They do! I'm honestly pretty happy about it. I've wanted to do a diorama for ages, but there's just not space for a 1/3 scale set up. these little beauties are perfect.

4. Hey guys I’m thinking of buying a dollshe M55cm classic mini. What do you think of their posing? Do you like how they pose? Compared to Iplehouse are they better posers?? I tried looking everywhere for their review but I couldn’t find what I was looking for :(

5. @ashvianey I think the 55cm is the classic mini. Fashion maxi is in the 40ish cm range. So you may want to ask in the big doll forum. That said: Dollshe dolls are mostly solid posers as long as you know the basics of posing. All dolls have their quirks, and these guys are no exception. They have really long legs, so the center of gravity is high and often surprises people. The mystic pose needs sueding to avoid joint popping. The fashion scale mystic in general has knees that buckle without sueding. These are basic things of course. Compared to iplehouse, I find dollshe has greater range of motion, more natural fluidity, etc. Each body is a lot different than the others though so the way the doll poses will depend on which body you select. The most solid/easy of the boys is arsene imo. The greatest range and posability is the 28m L4.

6. Oh I see! Sorry For posting in the wrong forum and thank you so much for the detailed information! I greatly appreciate it :D

7. No problem! Dollshe's sizing scheme is confusing. XD

8. This thread needs more photos. .
      Vincent seems to be acting a little obsessed lately >__>.
      [​IMG]Perfect by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

9. @TatterPunk agreed! I understand vincent's obsession haha.

Some Nox under the spoiler tag (large image) to contribute to the need for pics and because apparently I didn't post his updated look here.
      [​IMG]

10. Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Rey Lewis' teeny tiny eyewells! I'm glad I ordered 7mm's. He arrived today and he and the Copper Oriental shades are GORGEOUS. I have a lot of work to do on him, so no pictures just yet.. . but soon. SOOOON. I also got a teeny tiny paintbrush which I am hoping will help me immensely in the painting of these dolls.

It looks like we have until the 25th of July for ordering for the final sale of the 26f ladies. I've got a little while to consider if I am getting Ausley or not. Probably I'll wait till my birthday (July 15th) and then put her on a nice long layaway.

Also Nox is GORGEOUS @rianne

#170 TatterPunk, Jun 28, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    11. Thank you @TatterPunk ! I'm happy your Rey is home and totally agreed on the copper oriental. I still kind of can't believe I ordered another arsene, but I know that resin is worth it (yes, I'm munching the crazy cake haha).

12. I cannot wait to see your Arsene next year! -eats more crazy cake-

Rey also came with a Grant Phillipe SA head which I think I'm gonna mod a little bit to make him a bit Mads Mikkelsen-ish just a little light cosmetic surgery and it should work. . .
      I'm not really fond of having a zillion heads to switch onto one body, but it seems to be happening to me lately. I am going to have three female heads sharing a body next year when my Amanda comes. . . though two will technically be the same person, just different personalities. Bright side, this means I don't have to get a full Ausley and can save my doll funds for Saint and Diana (when she appears) and furniture! I need more furniture.

13. @TatterPunk LMAO I'd bet money arsene's the first to turn up, even though I ordered erica and rey first. Who knows tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tend to only have extra heads if they're expression heads for the same doll, but I do see the appeal in saving space and funds to be sure!

14. Moon looking more like himself with his fourth and hopefully final faceup. I don't want to do anymore, haha.

[​IMG]

15. Sooo, does anyone know or can anyone show how one of the 28m heads looks on a 24m body? Just.. curious... -eating another slice of crazy cake-

16. @TatterPunk There are a couple of pics people have taken toward the bottom here with the heads switched. :) I ordered the 24M for my Rey nearly a year ago now. :roll:

Markus has been my favorite lately. ;)
      [​IMG]

17. Peeerfeeeect Thank you @redmaiko !! That helps me immensely. Looks like I'm gonna have to add a Khan into my plans so that Nigel (which is my Grant Phillipe head's name apparently now) can have a body of his own eventually. I'm fine with my girls sharing a body since none of them have tattoos planned, but Baron needs tattoos. . plus while I'm at it I may as well get ALL the man bodies, right?
      I'm starting to feel like I may have eaten too much crazy cake >___>.

18. I am loving this size SO MUCH. I should have my Ausley head (second hand of course) by next week I think. She'll be borrowing Mercy's body till whenever my other girl shows up. For now, enjoy a picture of Mercy featuring the new creepy abandoned house type walls I made..
      [​IMG]Asylum Walls by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

19. @redmaiko It's easy to see why: he's stunning <3

@TatterPunk I think the utter perfection of Mr. Kim's work in this size is what makes that crazy cake so hard to quit. I was safe until I started changing to fashion-scale, and now here we are.

I finally got my diorama mostly put together, so here's some Nox (under spoiler) chilling with a very good dog.

[​IMG]

20. Uhhh...guys...has anyone noticed that the Honey skin options and the darker Pure colors are available on the 26F sale pages right now??? I really don't have the money for more dolls right now but...oooh is that tempting if it's not a glitch...

#180 HeyJude, Jul 4, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2019