1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe DS18M Rhythmos Body

Oct 28, 2009

1. That is a bummer... means we will have to organise a meetup after Nov as well;)

2. Dollshe has not said anything about discontinuing the 35 or the 32. I doubt he would do so, even if he isn't getting very many orders.
      I love my 32, but the new 18 is gorgeous too! Those long spidery arms are perfect for an awkward lanky teen: not so much a realistic depiction as an artistic expression of the age.
      Now I just have to come up with an excuse to get one. :lol:

3. I'm just comparing the DSAM32 and DS18M measurements, and the arms of the shorter body is 20mm LONGER than that of the taller body!!!

DSAM32
      Weight 1910g
      Height 740mm
      Head circumference 215mm (8.5in)
      Eyeball 16mm (optimally designed for 16mm eyeballs), 18mm
      Neck girth 110mm
      Chest 280mm
      Waist 215mm
      Hip 400mm
      Leg length 400mm
      Ankle girth 90mm
      Foot length 95mm
      Shoulder width 150mm
      Back length 170mm
      Upper leg girth 150mm (thickest part)
      Lower leg girth 130mm (thickest part)
      Upper arm girth 100mm (thickest part)
      Lower arm girth 100mm (thickest part)
      Arm length 230mm
      Wrist girth 65mm

DS18M
      Weight 1400g
      Height 705mm
      Head circumference 8.5in-9in
      Eyeball 16mm (optimally designed for 16mm eyeballs)
      Neck girth 110mm
      Chest 270mm
      Waist 195mm
      Hip 262mm
      Leg length 400mm
      Ankle girth 75mm
      Foot length 98mm
      Foot width 37mm
      Shoulder width 150mm
      Back length 180mm
      Upper leg girth 145mm (thickest part)
      Lower leg girth 107mm (thickest part)
      Upper arm girth 85mm (thickest part)
      Lower arm girth 85mm (thickest part)
      Arm length 250mm
      Wrist girth 65mm
      Hand length 78mm

4. I... did it... I went ahead and ordered Rosen on the DS18M body, he's just too perfect for my character to pass up the event! >< I also grabbed two pairs of eyes, so I'll be getting Rosen + his free eyes, and 4 more pairs for my other lovelies who've been desperately needing new eyes for a while. Wee~

5. Caracco, did you notice the event part that says if you order the OE head plus body you also get the SA faceplate for free?

Click-> Link <-Click

6. Yeah, Twigling!? ZOMG, I think you've just made my day even better than I thought possible~ :D:D:D Haaaa, so happy~ :aheartbea

7. Looks like there's been an update to the website! The ordering pages have been clarified a little. I guess the additional traffic caused by the eye orders made it clear how confused people were. I saw eye orders posted all over the place! :lol:
      I also got an answer to my question: the new DS18M hands are interchangeable with the DSAM hands and both can be ordered separately for $40. :D For those others who are also hand collectors, this is good news! :XD:

8. Oooooooooh HANDS XD I want some, but dunno what colour, nor do I have funds right this moment (thanks to Surprise!Iris) but I guess it's no hurry...

I did see the page had been tidied a lot. I know people are always saying it's hard to navigate, but personally I've never had a problem, I just wish that when you click on a listing for a body or head that you could see the pictures right there rather than have to go to a different page.

9. Oooh, available hands! That's great news. It would be even greater if we could see some closeups of the DS18M hands :lol:

The eyes totally enchanted me, too, so I ordered a bunch - these will be my first urethanes so I really hope that they live up to their name^^ Anyway I ordered Light Blue, Yellow Green, Cockpit green, J.N Green, Red Brown, Deck Tan and Sky Blue....

I can't wait to see them in person :aheartbea

10. Does everyone remember how in the beginning everyone was saying the arms look really long?

Well the rythmos body's arm length is only 20 mm longer then the dsam bods. I wonder what the old dollshe bods arm lengths are. I should go measure my boy. XD

11. Yes but the DSAM body is on the whole 50mm taller than the Rhythmos, and should if anything have the longest arms? The problem is they look out of proportion to the rest of the body. The old Dollshe girls arms are about 205mm with the shoulder, but not including the hands.

12. Good point, Twigling. Didn't think about that. >_> Oh, well. I like the rythmos body. Cuz it looks more like the old body.

Do you know if when companies do measurements if it generally goes from the shoulder to the wrist or from the shoulder to the hand?

250 mm = 25 cm. So..my old dollshe if it goes to his wrist is about 23 cm. And with his hand included it's about 28-29 cm.

So the DSAM 32/35 length of the arms would be closer to the old dollshe bod then the rythmos.

Has anyone ordered the rythmos body?

13. I MUST have that body! You don't think it'll turn limited do you?

14. I don't think the body will be limited but keep in mind that the man behind Dollshe is an artist waaaaaay before he's a business man - if he decides to discontinue something because he's done with it and wants to move on - he will! So this body will be around for a good while but don't count on it being around forever. In other words, if you really like it don't wait four or five years to try and get one. ;)

I am totally looking for an excuse to buy this new body but I can't swing it right now. Maybe early next year. :aheartbea

15. I still like the old body best, there's something a bit off about this body but I can't really put my fingers on it; it might be the long arms. I am really curious how it will look dressed. I kinda think I like the second release DSAM bodies more than the rythmos. *runs off to see if there are any eyes left*

16. I really like the butt on the rythmos bod..and I think if the arms were a major problem they could be shortened if needed.

When I buy my saint (hopefully within the next 6 months or so I will buy that bod) I like how it's simplified..compared to the DSAM 32. Wonder how it poses. Can't wait to see owner pics of the bod. :)

17. LOL< frog butt.. that is so incredibly accurate!! I love the new Rhythmos/DS18 butt. Just hoping there is a DS girl around the corner with a butt like that. I may well buy one in each colour!!!

18. Ooh yeah, the butt is my fave part! I did a printout of the 180 view and I was sitting at the table staring at it.....my dad pipes up with "You think there's something wrong with a girl who is physically drooling over a doll's butt?"

I like how the butt is connected to the legs. I was under the impression that all bjd's had those underwear joints...

19. Hmm, well I know for a fact they are still working to complete the new website, and they will not be piggybacking on Dollstown forever. My Bernard head arrived last week, but they eyes haven't shipped yet as far as I know. I know casting is a fickle business so I wouldn't be surprised if there will be another couple of weeks delay.

20. Congrats on the arrival on that case- I ordered a Bernard head and some eyes to. The delays arn't to bad...solong as they keep us updated.