1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe DSAM 32s body

Mar 11, 2009

1. oh lordy, doom doom as doom can be >.>

2. The comparison between the 35s and 32s is really nice. It makes it quite clear that the smoother lines of the 32s were created by adding flesh to the bare musculature of the 35s rather than by sanding it down. It's reminiscent of the technique in clay figure sculpting wherein one creates the entire skeleton first, then adds the individual muscles and lastly lays the skin over it all. 8-)

3. Wow, I really love it! Thank goodness for a version that eliminates the "anatomy doll" look.

4. As a side note, I find it really interesting that Dollshe isn't even calling them "BJDs" anymore. They're referred to exclusively as MSJDs and JDs on the site. There's no question, I assume, that the Dollshes will be considered on-topic, but it's interesting to consider if they actually ARE the same kind of doll. Dolly debate, perhaps.

5. I like both pretty much equally. But I think I lean towards the first body. His crazy jointing is just Tzimisce cool. :chocoberry

6. -_- I want the segmented bodyparts of the 35's on the 32's softer pecs. Too bad I can't do that it looks like.

7. Oh, wow! Maybe I will get a new Dollshe after all, this body is far more fitting to my personal tastes.​

8. OK. Maybe I am missing it somewhere... But just HOW MUCH are the new DS32 Bodies with a Saint Head? I would love to add a saint to my Hound and Bernard. AFTER the SOOM is paid off and the new YO I just won in the lottery that is...

9. From the Dollstown site:

* DSAM body + head (pale, fresh, oriental) = $750
      * DSAM body + head (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $850
      * DSAM body + SA head (pale, fresh, oriental) = $750
      * DSAM body + SA head (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $850
      * DSAM body (pale, fresh, oriental) = $600
      * DSAM body (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $680
      * head (pale, fresh, oriental) = $150
      * SA head (pale tan, tan, ebony)= $170

* Face parts (pale, fresh, oriental) = $80
      * Face parts (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $90
      * Scalp parts (pale, fresh, oriental) = $110
      * Scalp parts (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $120

* Hand parts (pale, fresh, oriental) = $40
      * Hand parts (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $50
      * Foot parts (pale, fresh, oriental) = $40
      * Foot parts (pale tan, tan, ebony) = $50

*This is the price added fees of PayPal, so if you pay by a bank account or your PayPal balance to fund the payment, You can pay without fees(-4%).

Head prices and body prices are the same regardless of which type you select.

10. Based on the new pictures, the DSAM 32 is definitely an improvement, although I still think the torso is too ripped. But it's way more sandable on the 32.

11. Just took a look at it and - sorry, still don't like it. So both Hound and Saint are definitely off my "wanna have"-list for the near and far future ...

12. Waouw, a so beautifull improvment that... I ordered ! :sweat
      Poor me !;)

13. Oh ! That's great ! (ok not for your wallet...) Can't wait to see him on MC ^^

14. I've got a DSAM35s here and the body is definitely what we recognize as abjd! I think it's interesting, as well, that Dollshe are referring to these new bodies as msjd - but it makes sense as the feeling and focus of the doll are much more on jointedness than on ball-socket joints! I hope to have a full review/comp up soon!

15. Awesome! (I think I might have squee'd at the new addition to the family over at your LJ, but again: !!!) It'll be great to see your review, Zagzagael :) I also get the feeling the articulation and jointedness is the focus of these new dolls, but it's good to know the feeling isn't completely different.

16. I approved of the other one, but wouldn't of bought it, but this one, I must say, I'd actually consider buying it. :]

17. This is great news for me. I've wanted a saint since I saw one. I was a bit leery of the 35 body because I'm new to the BJD world. However, now that there is a less turtle-like body, I might be getting a saint for my birthday/christmas present! :)

18. I rather like that Mr. Dollshe is putting more shape into the doll legs.

His earlier legs are rather smooth and simple. I would say 'look at a dowel' but that is an exaggeration; they had more shape than a plain cylinder.

Not as detailed as the lovely Dollshe hands, that's for sure.

Ann in CT

19. personally, i like the smoothness of the new 32s body however, i'm still rooting for the DSAM 35 body---the clothes cover it up plus i really dig the posability.

kudos to dollshe and mr. kim for coming up with choices on aesthetics and functions.

what i'm now anticipating is the release of older/newer head sculpts~
      now i need to save up money for one, aiyah!

20. Seeing how hard it is to get an old body saint, I might have to bite the bullet on this one, but I really didn't want to buy such a huge doll. Aquamarine is already huge to me. I really wanted her to be one of my most imposing dolls. Granted the saint is to pair with her, but I really didn't want him towering over her. :/ But even w/ the pricing I'm probably better off to get the new one, so I'm REALLY glad the new body is better looking. I'd still rather have less joints, but this is still better than the insect body. >.>