1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Hound Obsessed

May 21, 2006

1. I have the very first Hound that came to the US and can tell you, I fell in love with him from the pictures of the original clay sculpt and knew the minute he was resin cast, I'd have to bring him home.

As others have said, it's all about his maturity, his handsome beauty and that Mona Lisa smile. He has the most beautiful hands ever cast as well.

2. they are BIG what can i say?

3. They make suits look good ^___^

And cause they're tall, they make my shorter dolls look cuter ^__^

4. For me it's the realism of the sculpt, from the face to the hands (and everywhere in between!) they look like humans much more so than a lot of other sculpts.

They're a little thin, but stunning. I love my boy!

5. I've not planned to have a boy before i saw a hound picture on a forum ...

i like him because he looks mature, has pretty hands and is tall :D

6. Hounds are just elegant, as are all the other dollshe boys, the sculpt was what drove me into BJD buying. If I hadn't seen him and eventually the other DS boys, I probably wouldn't have thought more of BJDs than "gee, those are really nifty! Cute, but not my thing." He's got this long lanky sexy maturity about him, and then those half-lidded eyes and that mona lisa smile. With his lazy posture and that laid-back face, he is just a handsome comfort to have around:)

7. I'm not too fond of Hound's face (too long) , but I gotta admit I love his body. I like the skinnyness.

I tend to like the more feminine guys so I'd rather buy an Afghana boy than a Hound. (would that be weird?)

8. i'm quite fond of hound and dollshe in general because twas one of my first experiences with bjd. and i remember wanting pretty much all of the series at first XD

9. I fell in love with a Hound because of their ability to look masculine yet beautiful at the same time...a sort of elegance. I'm not fond of the really girly type which I saw a lot when I entered the BJD scene so when I saw the Hounds, I was blown away (I am still! XD). Not only that, their smile's very captivating with a mysterious charm that's very alluring~

10. Personally, I only like the Hound hands. They are so realistic down to the viens and everything! Otherwise I'm not fond of the sculpt at all, save for one or two on this board that don't look sulky.

I can see why they are popular, they can pull off a variety of "styles" fairly well. I think it's kinda the same thing with El sometimes though? Alot of people have Hound or El or whatever, and others will follow. Not because "Hey, its popular" but because that's what you see the most around ehre. Nothing bad about it. Anyways, I wish they made those hands for 60cm dolls. I'd love to have a pair of Hound hands. *is weird* XD

11. We~ll...First of all, they have a tall, slender build, they look very mature...I am absolutely in love with their facial structure. They're eyes are big, but not too big, and they have cool sharp noses. But I reaaaally like their hands and feet ^_^

12. I picked a Hound for Seimei because he was the only sculpt that really looked like the character... He needed to be taller and older than the twins, with sort-of a thoughtful, distant expression and that doll was the one that fit the bill. And I thought those hands were amazing...

After having him for the better part of a year now, I still love his hands and his expression... But I'm seriously looking to replace him. Both the engineering and the design of his body bother me. 'The out of proportion legs and the infamous "belly pop" worst of all... Even wired and sueded, he's a difficult doll to work with. His range of motion is impressive, but getting him to use it is like pulling teeth. :(

13. i like the Hound, but he's not my favourite Dollshe sculpt.. The Bermann is my favourite, followed by the Saint. I like their realism and the fact that they look older than other dolls.. hehe! :)

14. I like the dollshe boys' sculpt's bony features. The sculpts feel more like "there's something under the skin" more flesh and bone, if you know what I mean. The hands and noses have a lot of character to them.

That said, I don't think I would get one, just because they seem too big for me, personally.

15. I love Dollshe hands, they are so realistic looking. I'm not sure I'd ever own though. I've gotten the chance to hold two in person and they are beautiful doll, but I feel that they are to big for me.

16. I'm not a fan of Hound personally, or any of the dollshe bishonen. But I do love the older looking dolls.

I have a dollmore model doll Kyle. He has prettier hands then hound (just as detailed), is a little more mature looking (IMO) facial features are more balanced, as well as a soft, understanding expression. My Kei is love. :D He's also a little taller than Hound, has engless legs and a nice body sculpt.

There's something about the dollshe dolls that always seems too "camp" for my taste. No offence to anyone intended!

17. I love everything about them, but what I love most is what I see through the lens. My Hound Carus has been a major muse for me because he has so many looks/expressions. No other doll of mine can compare to him as a model for my photography plus they're sexy as hell XD~ I love the slouch and how they 'lounge' instead of sitting straight, though the belly plop is annoying sometimes. And like everyone said, the maturity of them, the masculinity....What more can be said lol

18. When I bought mine I think he was the biggest doll around (apart from Berman whom I don't really like and possibly some others?) and I thought that was cool but I think if I was buying now I would have prefered a Saint or even a smaller doll.
      His pointy nose annoys me, and maybe I'll mod it one day, so does being nutted in the face by him from time to time.
      The one thing I think he has over some other dolls is versatility in expression and as lots of other people mentioned fabulous hands. He's not "pretty" either, which I remember, at the time, was rare.

19. No little boys here. Love the Dollshe boys maturity, sexiness, their body sculpt, their whimsical expression, and their versatility. I have 'several' . . . heh. ;)

20. Looks like I agree with alot of the above posters: Hound is a man. That's something hard to find ^.^
      He makes my femme little AR Ren look even moreso.

Despite all the happy manliyness, I had to mod mine... So many of the dolls (especially hound) are just so... sad looking.
      I now have a smily hound. ^.^

Admittedly though, they are Frightneningly huge. I freaked when his box got here (My first doll was the msd Ren mentioned above). I'd never seen a hound in person until he got here. I'd seen a few SDs, but dang is he huge. I can only imagine what a Kyle is like...