1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Hound - owners opinions?

May 18, 2006

1. If we peg the "mid-range" guys in their scale (I'm thinking Lahoo and Camine-) at about 6'... The CP guys would probably be 5'9 or so and the Dollshe guys would come in closer to 6'4, but that's just a guess.

2. Yeah that sounds about right..

3. yes he IS tall, and I love my boy for it.. he's lean and lanky and he sort of 'lounges' around the place, just like a real hound :> (I used to breed Borzoi's).

I would really recommend anyone who is going to get one to either wire or armature him, even though armature makes him creak, its just fab for making him pose.

Shopping.. surprisingly easy, there are so many seamstresses who do hound clothes, most bjd companies carry some hound clothing, and if you can sew, I just enlarge SD13 patterns to 120 percent, and add length (mostly to pants, he's not really in proportion)... my boy in particular suits simple designs that show off his lean ness (turtleneck and dress pants and cloak is his current favourite). He wears some SD13 boots, but its best to check before you buy.

If you put DoT boys at 6', luts would be 5'9.5" and Hound would be 6'5" (I did the math, cos I am a geek who does that sort of stuff in her head). He really does look wonderful sitting with my luts girl on one side and HD Dorothy on the other.. his legs hand down a lot lower, bu his head is only about 1.5 inches higher.. when they stand, he can hold them to his upper chest.. so romantic - reminds me of an ex boyfriend who was 6'8" (sighs dreamily for tall men).

I find that his longer limbs can make it a little difficult to pose realistically with his hands.. but then I suck at photography :/

Hope thats helped with some of your questions.. I am definitely smitten with my boy, such an incredibly expressive sculpt, I will have a saint by the end of the year, and I lay the blame squarely at Dru's feet for making me fall in love :>

Seek peace

Carol

4. Yeah, a lot of places have some things sized for Hounds now, but the styles are pretty limited. Modern standard, with a few goth/punk side-items is typical... There are a few formal and historical costumes around too, but Hound-sized ready-made doesn't have nearly the range of SD/SD13 yet.

If your Hound isn't a "modern casual" or business suit kind of guy, or a chains-and-leather fancier, it's not always easy to find something that'll suit him.

5. I like bussiness suites...

6. Psst, hey Brightfires, a question for you, since I know your Hound and your CP boys live in the same universe and all -- does it bother you at all that proportionally, CP heads and eyes feel larger than Hound's? Like, for instance, in the picture you posted with Seimei standing next to Crane, I see the difference very significantly... (but I notice Crane is also slightly in front.) Just wondering if you feel that when you're looking at them in real life, 'cause I reaaallly want a dreaming El but I'm afraid he wouldn't mesh with my Dollshe boy, so getting opinions from owners of both might be helpful. :(

7. We first got a hound after having nothing but minis, and it was like having a mannequin! He was so big! But once you get used to him, it's not so big a deal that he's so tall. And he can sit across my lap more securely than a mini. I carry him around the house like the others, just not as far. ^_^ Hound resin is really thick, really solid. You could club someone with one of their thighs. 0_o So he weighs a lot more than our DoT, even though he's only a little taller. I like the stability it gives him.

Janus stands all right now that he's sueded, but the boots he has are not very helpful for standing, so he sits most of the time. He's supposed to be out of scale with the 45cm dolls in the main storyline (he's not human), so he sits down a lot to interact with them and only stands up when he's being intimidating. But in the storyline with Ilium, our DoT Sha, he plays a regular-sized guy. Just a tall skinny one. ^_^

Here are a few pictures, but I have many more in my journal and I hope I'm not spamming the thread with too many big images. ^_^;

Janus (Hound) with Ilium (DoT) (I think they make such a good pair, like an older guy and a younger guy)

[​IMG]

All our dolls together:

[​IMG]

There are some more shots of him in the rest of the shoot, which include him doing things because of his cool elbow joint, like holding a flower up to his face and putting his arms behind his head.

http://aramis-d.livejournal.com/35475.html

I love posing and photographing him, he's so good for the camera.

[​IMG]

http://aramis-d.livejournal.com/39086.html
      This shoot (the green wig one) is him shirtless and in jeans, so you can see his jointing clearly, and his back and wrists and shoulders.

He takes a little bit of work to pose sometimes, but I have never for a second been sorry we got him, he is such a beauty. Once his pelvic joint is sueded, he flops a whooole lot less. And his legs really do go on forever.

8. Adding to the chorus -- Marten can do this without being sueded *or* wired (he's strung exactly as I bought him):

[​IMG]

More pics from this shoot in this thread.

I adore Hound's expressive, beautiful hands, his soulful face, and his slender-but-realistically-carved body shape.

I actually wish his legs were a little shorter, but he's proportioned exactly like a friend of mine who's 6'5", and Marten is pretty much in proportion with the rest of my dolls as if he's just a very tall and lanky human, compared to their size range.

HTH!

-- Andi <3

9. I worried about that too before I got Seimei, but was lucky enough to have a chance to pose both Harumatsu and Tien Jen with another Hound that belongs to one of the local Seattle crew [waves to Luca] before I ordered him.

The proportions *are* different, but not enough to bother me, really. It's not so out of scale that it looks odd for them to be interacting with each other... If anything, it just adds to the illusion of Seimei being older than the others.

For a better comparison of a Hound and CP guy together... This is the first picture I ever took of Seimei, about half an hour after I got him. (He didn't have his blond wig yet, and his lips were still glossy and orange so the poor guy looks a little... odd. 8P) That's Harumatsu, my standard Shiwoo, pouncing him.

[​IMG]

I'd recommend getting ahold of someone's El at a meet and just putting them together with your Hound for a bit to get a feel for how they look side by side. That really is the best way to tell if it'll work.

10. Hound and Dreaming El look marvelous together. :)

[​IMG]

11. I can't wait to get my Hound, I love how he looks with Cp boys!

12. Oh yes he looks very nice! I love their hands. I wish my hands were like that...

13. Hound compared to a small human-woman-thing?

[​IMG]

14. :ablink: I will have a Hound.......and others this year.

15. :lol: Helene = My Hero :lol:

I love my Hounds, they just look so natural when they pose!