1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Hound problem... yellowing or greenish??

Jun 10, 2006

1. Is it possible he was near a fluorescent light...?

(I think I heard somewhere that fluorescent light can discolor resin.)

2. Oh, I hope that isn't true!!! Any threads to this? thanks Alex

3. my cp bw lishe faded out fast, probally within a few months that I got her, she's all kinds of colors now but thats ok, I think it woul dhave shown up more if she was normal skinned she is older cp white type the kinda green toned one,>_< good luck with your hound, if you decide to get a new one keep me in mind for this one ^_^

4. Everyone is talking about green dolls...this is rather strange.

5. I was wondering if it could be due to the high humidity in Singapore? Let us know when Tensiya gets back to you! (:

6. Wow. I've never had that happen to my boys, and one of them has been under almost nothing BUT fluorescent lights since I got him. I'm not sure it would cause that big of a change...

Either way, I'm interested in seeing what the answer is, if there is one.

7. Fluorescent light is bad for the resin dolls. Regular light blubs are ok but fluorescent light is bad. Certain resins do yellow faster than others but if you look at the dolls that companies display a lot (like Narin and Volks), they use fluorescent lighting in their displays and the dolls yellow so fast.
      I did read this somewhere else too and wish I could remember where. But my Narin is yellowed because of fluorescent lighting and I've heard about the Volks ones.

As far as the hounds, thats really werid. None of my boys have had that problem......

8. ah... I can just say that my boy came with different coloured resin all around him. If I compare his arms to his belly piece, it looks really green too. I believe its because the belly came in a much brighter pink than the rest of him. I am not sure if its just yellowed as his chest piece carries less reds, causing it to appear slightly greenish beside the belly piece too. At least I can say that the chest and belly meets sunlight equally much. (his butt appears more greenish and its in his pants most of the time XD)

I am not sure from the photograrphs though, the colour of everything is really grey here on my screen, thus the yellow might appear more greenish. My guess is that its most likely yellowing looking at where the different coloured zones are. And perhaps a case of slightly different coloured resin in a single doll. I doubt its heat source as the parts covered by clothes seems to be un affected.
      Though it will really suck if you really kept him from sunlight and he still yellowed like this. Could it be the sunlight from the attic window when you bought and left him at that room for some time? At certain times of the day I think the sunlight can shine right in from that window which I don't remember being curtained.

9. not really, his sun was not brought to the attric... he was at home most of the time... :(

ah well *waits for response*

but den flourencent iu mean white one or the yellowish types?

10. OH MY GOD!!!!! But what's the matter with their dolls???OO
      I want a Hound... T_T But... Is this really a so frequent thing?

11. I think if you read the above posts you will see that it seems to only be Kagari's boy at this point, so no, it's not a frequent occurance.

12. Yes, I read! Thank you.
      But I also read the post about the Kiss with the same problem! So... I hope it's not too frequent. That's all.

13. I've been in the hobby for about 4 and a half years, and still have my first dolls, and I have to say, no, this isn't common at all.

I live in Florida too, with a bit of reflected sunlight and a lot of humidity, so I don't think those are factors.

All my dolls have faded a little over time, and I think the ones that I kept near a fluorescent light may have faded a little faster (or I could be crazy) but I've never seen anything like this.

My Volks Sunlight (tanned) dolls haven't faded at all yet, although, again, I haven't left anyone in sunlight for any length of time. And I've had one of them for about a year and a half.

My Tensiya Hound, that I've had since last August, hasn't faded or discolored at all.

14. Thank you very much! reassure!^^ Because the Tanned Hound is really a doll that I like and that I want!^^ So thank you! I'll buy it, I know... But I'll be careful^^ :sumomo:

15. I think that, as long as you avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, it should be alright.
      There may be more instability with the deeply tanned dolls, like Kiss, Lishe, and Hound, so use extra care. ^^;;;

16. Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like it was something natural - SOMETHING had to have played a factor in changing the resin color. Maybe you just didn't realize he was near a heat source or there was a period where he was in the sunlight and you didn't know. I mean, my girls are in a part of the room where direct sunlight doesn't hit, and yet I've still had people tell me they're too exposed. So I keep my girls in their boxes most of the time now, mainly because I'm terrified of them yellowing too quickly. My V.Elf Lishe is already yellower than the newer CP resin, and I dread to think what she'd look like if she got any yellower.

17. Looks like some sreious sun damage to me, maybe he sneaks off into the sun when you aren't home. But you can see where the ball part of his left ankle is still rather pink by comparison to the rest so I don't think it's an issue with the parts not matching.

18. well maybe but no heat involved :(

lets see what tensiya says :D

even if it was yellowing the process is way too fast...

19. I've had one doll yellow slightly, but since he's been with me for a year and a half now that it isn't too surprising. I'm talking about my BW Kohya, Vincent. It doesn't look bad though, he just seems a bit more asian.

20. It eases my mind to see someone in Florida I started to worry with the mention of humidity and sunlight. :sweat