1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Ladies

Apr 22, 2014

1. Just realised that Ausley Love really reminds me of Lucy from Twin Peaks... I've kinda wanted an Ausley since she came out too but could never match her with a character!

(How are the two 26F Dollshe bodies pose-wise anyway? I'm currently on the look out for tallish female bodies, and both types are aesthetically pleasing)

2. @Vetinari - I can see what you mean about Ausley resembling Lucy! (Twin Peaks creeped me out when I watched it, but I sure loved the mysterious and wacky atmosphere!).

Rianne has a really nice posing review of the newer 26F body:
      Dollshe 26F + Dollstown17 (bonus Arsene)

Also, there are some videos on Youtube that review the body (or show box-openings). Just look up "Amanda + Dollshe + 26F" or something similar.

I briefly owned the 2014 version body - it's very pretty and elegant! I don't have a lot of experience with dolls since I'm still relatively new, but it seemed to be able to take basic poses well. She could sit up without falling over, she could stand easily, etc. I think the body would really benefit from sueding - the legs tended to swing from the hip too easily for me (even though she could stand well, especially with both feet flat).

"Cons" for me were:
      1) No rotation in the elbows (limited ability to move the lower arm inward across the chest or outward away from the body).
      2) No mobility thigh joint (so the ability of the legs to turn was limited and it was difficult to bring her knees close to her chest).
      3) The torso joint seemed very stiff and also has limited rotation because of the way it is sculpted.

I sold my full Ausley doll because the body didn't work for the head I planned to hybrid with it, but if I have the chance someday I might buy another Ausley head. I think she's really lovely and rather unique with her long nose and narrow face.

3. The flat are in the basic package.

4. @StellaMarigold Hee! Yeah if I do succumb to the sales temptation and pick up an Ausley, she's definitely going to be inspired by Lucy.

Thank you! I knew someone had done a side by side, but couldn't for the life of me remember who! (Thanks massively @rianne for those shots!) Thanks for the detailed lowdown, the elbow thing sounds liveable with, if a bit disappointing - but odds are it's fudgeable?

(Ooh that seems to confirm what I hoped/suspected... Pretty much that the slightly overlarge Dollstown heads would do well on the newer Dollshe 26F with its larger overall size... Thus freeing up my DT17 for whichever of my Rainman sculpts puts in the strongest case once Kira has turned up... Meaning that I can eventually pick up either another DT17 or the newer Vision body for the other. Ahem. Thanks! Looks like I may be picking up the newer 26F body and an Ausley sooner rather than later.)

5. @Eritrea , thanks, sometimes companies offer the heel feet as default, so I wanted to make sure. :pcake
      There we go, one step nearer perdition ;).

6. @Vetinari - If I had kept the body I would have tried to mod the elbows slightly to allow for more rotation. I think if the side pieces on the upper and lower arms were sanded a little it would work better (but I don't know for sure, since I don't have any experience with modding). The arms do look very pretty when posed, despite any limitations! I'm just picky, too! :)

7. @Eritrea Thanks for sharing your Diana pics. Her coloring is delicious. I have Erica in this color.

@lyn_r That girl is a princess!

For us Dollshe Fashionistas who are still waiting....
      more.pics.please

8. Sheepish question - does anyone know how much larger the heads are now? Sods law, I'd have preferred the original smaller sizes but... Would Ausley still look fairly proportional on her old body these days do you think, or has that ship sailed?

9. That makes 5 Diana's landed. How many more do we have to go?

10. Mine's here, but I've been sick so I haven't opened the box yet....

11. MJKKJM She is perfect! Thank you for photos!

12. You must really be sick if you have no motivation to open the box. Feel better soon!

13. At least ten, and those are just the ones on the waiting list.

14. Is anyone sewing for Diana? I need a crafting buddy to chat and craft and complain about the awkward way Dollshe sculpts his bodies that create sewing difficulties. I also have the 28m, 18m, soon Arsene body, 26f, 8m, and 6f.

15. Thanks! Though part of is that I'm slogging through Nanowrimo and doing the paperwork for possibly buying a house. So, the doll thing awaits. My Doll Chateau Olivia head arrived as well.
      [​IMG]
      Nibelung: Dude, What the hell?
      Me: I'm sick and busy, leave me alone.
      Nibelung: Forget that house. Just buy more dolls!

16. Not sure if this is the right thread, but haven't found anywhere for the Classic Mini (51cm) girls. Did that line only start in September of this year? As in, it's not a line that has had anything made and could be a 2 year wait?

17. @StrontiumDog I'm not sure when that was offered but I don't remember seeing any yet. But with Dollshe, anything new is definitely a long wait.

I finally opened my Diana box and was totally disappointed. She's pretty huge. I was hoping for a petite partner for my Ausley but she looks bigger. The only difference is the height. Bummer. Still, while she is a gorgeous doll, a "petite teenager" she is not. After nearly two years I'm back to the drawing board on my endeavor. Now I need to figure out whether to keep Diana since I could probably use the money to get something more size appropriate.
      The shoulders are strangely wide and that head is huge.

[​IMG]

Alex: DH, what the hell you thinkin'? This is gigantor is supposed to be my petite Vicky?
      Me: Looks like I've been Dollshe'd.
      Alex: I waited two years for this? She does not look petite.Though she does have small boobs...but her shoulders are wider than mine.
      Me: Let me see what I can figure out....

18. I see that she is big, but they never had a comparison of the girls when they released her. Maybe get a classic mini, the one that is 55cm one. Would still be another wait though...

19. @Teseya Actually, that occurred to me. But another two years? No thanks. Like I said, the doll is gorgeous, I just thought when he meant petite teenager, he meant compared to his other female dolls. I guess she might be a teen in relation to my 74cm Saint, but not to Ausley. I knew the height differential wasn't that great but still, figured she'd be a skinny, shorter 26F.

After this wait, I can't see ever buying a Dollshe doll ever again. I'm super patient in general but this two year wait has pissed me off to no end. If I had gotten Diana in six months, like he promised, I would be saying, "No big deal, I'll look for a different sized doll." But after waiting two years this situation sorta sucks. But to be clear, even if this doll were the perfect size, I still would never buy another doll from him. Two years is ridiculous. People have told him time and again, but he throws out a sale and people dive right back into it. Of course he'll never learn as long as the money rolls in. Personally, I think DoA ought to ban Dollshe from the forum on moral economic grounds. My plaint would be that he should never be allowed to sell a new doll until he has cast it and is ready to start rolling it off the line. Wait times over a year would shut the threads down.