1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Orijean & DSAM 35s body release

Jan 17, 2009

1. :dohThanks for posting that, don't know how I missed it. I was wondering about that big silver like object when the face plate is removed........is that holding all the elastic inside or is that a different type of "S" hook I don't know about???

2. the Orijean head is really appealing to me. I would almost want to get one of him. I can't wait to see owner pics for the posability of this body!

OT: I couldn't help but notice something yesterday that greatly amused me. I was watching Trinity Blood (all 24 episodes) and couldn't help but think that Brother Petros looks very much like Orijean! :D
      [​IMG]

3. OMG, MissPygmalion you're right. Drat, I didn't want that head. Trinity Blood cosplay would be cool

4. With NO disrespect to the sculptor, I can't help looking at the body and visualizing armor painted directly to the torso.

I am not hating the body and really want to see it dressed, but my mind keeps making it a fantasy warrior of some sorts.

Is it just me?

:gingerbreadman :clover

5. I think this is very great news! Dollshe is selling dolls again--and the new body is very different from the old Hound body--change is good, guys!

And I'm sure there will be different face sculpts coming out after Orijean. I'd like to see owner pictures showing the new body's posing ability (which I'm sure would be very fantastic).

6. I could've sworn I read somewhere that there were going to be two bodies offered. Don't know where but I really hope it's true. I want my Saint! And I don't want him to be this massive man thing with an exoskeleton and build in bone razors.

I would really love to know why he decided to make the body this interesting. Maybe Kill could ask for us.

7. THe body is a little strange but I find it very interasting at the same time. I acctually look forward to getting ahold of one! ^^

8. V chan- I believe somewhere it mentioned that he was working on a new Female body as well, but I don't recall there being mention of a second male body being offered.

9. It is absolutely KILLING me right now that NONE of these pages are working on my computer in any web browser I have to offer and haven't since yesterday..Can someone plleaassee post the pictures in here and Mr.Dollshe's reasoning..?

10. Really lets hope that I'm right and you're wrong because I really want a softer body without having to sand the current one down.

11. I'm down with that. I can deal with being wrong if it means seeing another Dollshe boy body come out. ;)

12. isildae has linked to the statement made by the artist regarding this body, but here it is -

This, in particular, Dolls with joints that have a ball-shaped core allow much room for illegal piracy, and indeed, there have been actual cases of illegal copying and modification of original models that have caused independent original doll makers much grief. would indicate that earlier assumptions by collectors that Dollshe is still hurting in regards to the Dollmore copying are true.

13. Thank you for that Zag, I was silly and didn't see the link :sweat
      I'm really curious to play with one and his reason for making it so unique was good enough I think.

14. am i understanding it right though in that he doesn't consider his new doll a "BJD" ? (and no, i'm not trying to stir up anything :sweat - i'm just curious if i understood his terminology right)

but it does sound like there is only one boy body... hmmm..... i still respect him and his skills and decisions, but at the same time i would want to remove a lot of the harsh detailing from the body, which sounds kind of bad to do to something he put so much effort into....

15. Looks like he is now referring to the dolls as JD ~ jointed dolls.. because his new Rhythm body has so few spheres in the joints.

It has been said there will be a female body in the future, but I'd say probably not till later in the year or next year.

16. i'm guessing the female body would have all new heads? (no afghan/afghana/ect ? )

17. But...couldn't he have just kept the lean look and changed around the inside or whatever?

I'm not fond of this body sculpt at all and I was really looking forward to a Hound and a Bernard when he reopened. :/ Guess I'll have to wait and see how people mod it to look less fake XD

18. darkmothflame, when the new female was mentioned it said something about a likeness (or being inspired by) Adriana Lima, so I'm not sure there will be any of the old female sculpts resurfacing.