1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Orijean & DSAM 35s body release

Jan 17, 2009

1. Uhm, looking at those new posing pics ... What REALLY scares me is that phrase "I will get up and come to you". If that thing ever "gets up and comes to me" I hope Luken will defend me and chase it away!

I didn't like that new body to start with. Thought it looked insect-like. But when it's posing it's just plain scary, no matter how well it can pose ...

2. This was exactly my thoughts when I saw the body, despite knowing that I have no skill with sanding. lol

He's just so different from my Hound.... all the sharp lines he has looks a little creepy, but I can appreciate all the work that must have gone into him... and I DO love the silhouette of that long lanky body he has.

The more I look at the body and how it poses, I seem to grow a bit more irked, yet fond of him... IF I ever got him, (and that sadly might be a big IF) I might leave him as is and have some fancy work (faceup/blushing) to play up his very alien looking body, (and face for that matter) and just let him parade around in a loincloth that says "From Mars" or something. lol

When I saw him from the back I was shocked, like "Whoa, he's wearing a thong" That was shocking and exciting at he same time! lol I will give him this... he has a really nice butt. XD

3. Oh dear...I believe the body has grown on me O.O but I don't think I'll ever get it...it scares me how it can bend so much like...gumby. XP I guess I'm going to have to hunt around to get an old version of Bernard *sigh*

TC

4. Can someone provide a link to the posing pics, please?

5. Actually...now that I have seen him pose...especially that lying-down pose, where his body is so segmented...I really like it a lot more. He's very Tzimisce. :D

6. he's long and slender...and those segment of him...remind me of my snake boy :) plus those eyes, that slender face....dooom >.>

7. Urgh... No. just No. *_*

8. Mr. Dollshe, I'm certain you are aware of the fact that BJD's have had 'elliptical' joints for a while now. Your old dolls have them, as a matter of fact. Why point it out as an "innovation"? Same old, same old.

I was holding my judgement of the body until I saw the poses. I figured that with that many joints, I could expect some Cirque du Soleil action. Those poses are... unimpressive, and have all been done by more aesthetically appealing dolls in the past. ETA: Of course, if those were just the beginning and more complicated ones are to come, I'm all eyes.

I've been growing rather fond of Bernard, but I think I'll go elsewhere.

9. I bought him before I saw these newer photos and now I just feel all tingly! This is EXACTLY what I want in a doll. Every single bit of this new design just calls to me - answers my resin longings! I can't wait!

10. :) Can't wait to see what you do with him. ^-^b

11. I think he's perfect. Now just to decide what resin tone, Freshskin or Tan!

12. I don't really care if he is realistic or not, its a doll after all !
      So I really can't wait now that Mr Dollshe release the Saint faceplate so I can buy such a cool guy. I really like the poses he can take ! :goldstar

13. I've just added some of the latest photos of Orijean to the previous thread of 'New Dollshe Dolls' because I know some people are having difficulty seeing the photos.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4204305#post4204305

I'm floored. I thought from the initial photos that the neck would be posable but I had no clue he was going to be this jointed and this posable. I'm really excited for my guys to come home now! :o

Sorry to hear so many disappointed views on this new guy. I hope everyone finds what they're looking for, Dollshe or not.

14. Having seen his posing photos....
      I hope Mr. Dollshe might sacrifice some of the posability and give the girl body less joints at the torso...
      It wouldn't look very nice if the girl has evening dress or other revealing cloths on

15. Multi smooth joint dolls. (As opposed to "BJD" for "ball jointed dolls.")

16. Hoooooooooooly crapola. DO WANT, indeed. It sure won't be this month, but I'm going to get my hands on this boy one way or another. :o

17. Um...new posing photos... I...I mean, it's neat how posable it is, yes.

However, I'm...horrified.

His back looks even more bug-like than the front of the torso when curled like that. Like a scorpion's tail >< And the torso itself when in those poses looks almost...TOO long...

I agree with darkmothflame; NO fluidity. There's absoluty NOTHING graceful about this body at all.

So, I'm definitely set about not owning one. Unless by some miracle they come out with a more smooth, graceful body, then count me out.

18. I've seen the new posing pictures and the body is so inhuman looking it's just perfect for a character idea I have. I'd love to see owner pictures so I'm glad some people have already bought him.
      Maybe I'll get him this summer if he is still for sale by then. You never know. The old Dollshe dolls were also not limited.

19. :droolHe can do a wide leg split......oh yeah that's what I'm talkin about, if any doll could and can do that I have to have him some kind of way.......maybe birthday sounds about right. For those who have ordered him already, I'll be stalking this thread for pics of him;)