1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Re-Launch of old style 70cm Body

Jul 1, 2010

1. Arianne02 > they are explaining on their page:

2. This is great news, maybe I'll get a Bernard to go with my Saint. I am very curious to see what improvements he is planning to make to the old body's design because let's face it it had it's issues.

3. If it will be Bermann... so... please, god, please! T_T DS Bermann old cost so many now, I have a very long time to save money to buy him, but I dream about he for two years, every day ...

4. When are we going to know what heads? I'm ridiculously excited atm... Bermann or Husky please?

5. Just to re-iterate they did not announce they are re-releasing the heads, this is just an assumption on my part so please do not misunderstand, as it stands now it is only the body they are re-releasing and with some slight changes as quoted from Dollshe Craft:

"While maintaining the original models, we will remedy the shortcomings in the interior finish and structural defects in order to raise the sculptural sophistication of the dolls to a new level. The face is removable and fastens easily to the head. We have opted for the independent tension system, increasing the number of aluminum parts, and thus, enabling enhanced mobility."

So it seems the older bodies will have the face plate as well, I'm guessing.

6. This is unexpected but wonderful! I've admired Dollshe's molds as long as I've been in hobby. I also can't seem to justify the secondary market price nor buying a new model as the older sculpts are what really caught my attention.

I'll try not to get too excited! It sounds like the old body renewal is the pre-order? Or is the pre-order paused due to a sculpting issue? I'm a little confused. There's also no mention of heads being released (or is there?), they may be planned for later release?

7. SDInk > You're certainly not alone on this assumption. ^^
      With all what they said about their loss from illegal copies of their dolls, I don't think the body alone is casted illegaly.
      But yes, I understand what you mean, for now, they are only releasing the old body.

Melicat > the pre-order is right now, until July, 15th.

8. Aaaggh! I have wanted a Bernard for yonks. While I dislike the lower torso joint, and have always thought the thighs on the original body look a bit like tree trunks, I have no desire to retool all of the patterns I've drafted for these guys -- who DO look magnificent in almost anything you'd want to dress them in. I've loved the facial structure and the head to body proportions from the beginning -- although it took me two years to bring home my first (a NS Saint). Since then, a WS and a NS Hound and a NS Husky have joined me. I think they keep inviting new guys in....

I have no idea how long it will take to get these guys, but I've ordered a tan Bernard. (Sighs plaintively and hunkers down patiently to wait until ... well, they say two to three months, but I'm assuming closer to November/December).

9. This is great news! There's nothing like the return of a well-loved CLASSIC! :)

10. SDink, I thought you might say that! :lol: Good to know Mr. Chocolate is loved and has a spot at your place. :chocoberry

~+~

I think if Dollshe is concerned about old bodies being copied illegally and knowing the demand is there, I think it is a real possibility that the old heads might make a return too. It's not hard to watch Y!J auctions (or ebay or forums or taobao) and see the prices of old dolls (and copies), double, triple or more than the original price. The body is only part of the equation as far as after market prices and the copies go. Some of those heads can go high, not just Bermann. It would be interesting to see if Bermann is recast. I was under the understanding that Bermann was limited but ... who knows? I'm sure all the heads re-released would make a lot of people happy! :) I hope everyone will get the chance to order their dream dolls now! :chocoheart

I don't think the re-released PURE body will be very different from the original. From the Dollstown page:

The original model has been kept in storage for a prolonged period of time. Therefore, we need to do some restoration work, touching up on any cracks or damages. We expect this process to take a couple of months, so the dolls should be ready to ship in about 2-3 months after the orders are placed.​

Sounds like it's going to be pretty much the same? Then again, this is Dollshe we're talking about .... :sweat

Anyone planning on putting in a pre-order?

11. If they redo the Bermanns with a faceplate, technically, he will be a different doll. I wouldn't be surprised as Dollshe obviously see how much the dolls are reselling for and there simply hasn't been as much of a demand for his current range of dolls. Personally, I like them, but find the price a little steep. I'd be tempted to get an older body on pre-order if only to take advantage of the free shipping. I'm not sure whether you can do a layaway. I'm guessing why people are wary is because the pre-order DSAM 18 bodies took months to make an appearance.

12. When I saw this I had to jump in!!!:D I'm totally in love with the old Dollshe's and still kick myself for not getting an original when they were around. I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

13. Ah, this is excellent news- Getting Hound and Saint on the old-style body to go with my Bernard and incoming Rosen would be beyond amazing. Plenty of happy people all around, I'd wager!

As for Bermann...seeing him re-released would be odd. Alas, talk of re-released limiteds often gets quickly heated, so I'll not touch further on it!

14. I really doubt Mr. Dollshe will re-release the Bermann as he was a limited doll but I could be wrong. I would just be happy to see the re-release of the regular lovlies he had ^_^

I also would be curious if he DID re-release some of the older sculpts would they be a variation on them ie: Rosen from Hound cos to be honest I much prefer the older Hound sculpt to Rosen. I guess we should be happy we are getting the older bocies back, now my Klaus can have his own body!

15. Ah, the wild woods of speculation!
      There is no mention anywhere of any of the currently discontinued heads be re-launched with the Pure body. All of the currently available heads will be compatible with the Pure body. It will take two or three months from now for the Pure body to be re-engineered and readied for casting. So no one is going to see this doll in owner pictures until October/November I'd bet. I bet even longer since this is Dollshe we're talking about.

16. I'm excited about this too! I sold off a Van that I've regretted ever since. Maybe I'll get to own one again if they re-issue the old heads as well. Even if they don't, I'll live... and I can't afford to order right now anyway. Regular ordering periods, even if it's not constantly available, is still doable for me.

17. Yes, I really need to point that out to people.

Mr DS's last event took 4 months to get the dolls out. DS18 was lovely and I do not complaint. BUT PLENTY of people were NOT aware of the real life speed how DS works, thus many were not a happy camper.

Thus the following are a few points which I would like to point out to people

1. To qualify for the event , you will be buying this doll BLINDLY - the body is an "UPGRADED" (or MODIFIED") version of the old body. It is NOT identical, thus until we see some pictures about 2-3 months from now, you DO NOT know what you are paying for.

2. Only the old body is being released - OLD heads are not listed as being released.
      3. Mr DS mentioned that the head will have face plates as well. Thus if in fact he will be releasing some old head mold, they will be "upgraded" versions such as Saint and Bernard. So Hound will be Hound but just not the original Hound.

4. Knowing the speed of Mr DS, I am pretty sure that EVEN if he decides to release "upgraded" version of old heads, we will not know until 2-3 months from now when the body is ready. And he will be doing one head at a time, so there will be some wait time until old heads get "upgraded"

Thus if you want a doll from DS you MUST be ready to wait.

18. St. James and anavel: While this is true about them NOT re-releasing the old heads one can hope, they did after all listen to their customers and released the Saint, Bernard and Rosen (even though he is not really a Hound at all) heads and a different version of the new (DSAM) body and well now the older body (Classic), so ya, one can hope ^_^

As I said before in a previous post that is one big concern of mine was the wait time as I have been through it before and waited months to get a body :shudder

19. Ah, I pre-ordered the body only. Figure if he doesn't release any of the old heads it'll be for my rosen.

I guess I'll be in for a long wait, being as some people had to wait 5 or more months for the DS18M which I think took so long because of some trouble with the metal parts.

20. Well, I figured I'd just cut to the chase and ask if the discontinued heads will be re-launched in the future. It's posted on the announcement page, so we'll all know as soon as there's a response. :)