1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Re-Launch of old style 70cm Body

Jul 1, 2010

1. Oh my!!
      the past week I almost buy a Old Dollshe Hound!
      so, this is a real miracle!!...xD

I cant wait to know more about the models that will be relased!
      they alrready put the prices with the heads for the pre-orders but, what heads!!..??..O_o
      the old heads? o_o (IM Hound, Husky, SA Hound) or the new ones..>_<...

I'm so desesperate to know more!!
      I want pictures tooo!!..xD
      I'm not buying nothing if they don't put any picture!!...xD

2. Blue Crown, as far as I know those are the new modern heads. They will fit on the old style body. Not vouching for how well the interface; Zagzagael and others mentioned in elsewhere. I trust her.

3. thanks a lot freya!!...n_n

so, we just have to wait to see the released models!

4. In my case, I preordered the ds18m and waited 4+ months. That wouldn't have bothered me but there was very little communication about what was going on. Thankfully DoA folks are a good source of info!

And I ended up selling it after only a short while since it didn't fit in well with my crew. Just personal taste - but I shouldn't have order without more info on what it was going to be like. My mistake, not to blame Mr. Dollshe at all.

5. There's just something about the old Dollshe bodies/heads that the newer versions just don't capture, so this is exciting news. :o I really hope that they're not too different from the old bodies. The hands, the way the old bodies could slouch comfortably and the relaxed posing... as well as... almost a peacefulness about them? So hard to explain!

Also hoping that if they do eventually re-release the old head sculpts, that they'll do more faithful versions. I loved Hound a ton, but Rosin just doesn't do it for me. :(

6. Well, as one of those people who paid an aftermarket price I can honestly say that I don't mind....I'm happy Dollshe seems to be going back to thier older style dolls and would love to be able to get my Hound a Husky brother one day. Very cool news this is!

7. I kind of hope that one of the things to be "revamped" in the Pure Body will be the original body's butt. Seriously, it was terrible. My least favorite part of my Hound, back when I had one. It would be wonderful if he gave the Pure Body a butt like the DSAM18 - THAT thing is a stroke of genius! It moves just like real butt cheeks!

8. I just saw the news, minutes ago. I know this is all speculation but if he ever re-releases the Bermann head I'll just go mad. I just joined the hobby too late and he's one of my dream guys ;_;

For some reason the DSAM body grew on me (horrible poseability but oh so-sophisticated), so I'll prefer it over the Pure body. However I do love those old school hands, hum...

9. I would love it if they re-vamped the popping torso. My Saint and Husky both require constant suedeing and monitoring to combat this. I draw the line at installing armature though I know other owners swear by it.

10. I am simply keeping hope that maybe the old heads will be rereleased.

also the rerelease of the old/pure body is a dream, now I can bring my Saint out to conventions with e again because there will be less worry over him breaking parts if they can be replaced :)

11. :lol: I hope this too. Jokes are frequently made (some by me >_>) about my Husky's "frog butt." While I would never change Wolfgang's body, it would be nice to have the option of a similar body, with better posing and a less flattened looking bum, for any future Dollshe boys I might obtain.

12. i'm with you girs! x3!

I'm waiting to see the old faces and hands of the dollshe boys x3
      I'm specially interested in the Dollshe Hound model. I almost die of sadness when this model was discontinued!!.;_;

well, we still can't see the new Pure Bodys but, I'm hoping some improvement but if they don't do nothing, much better!..xD
      the DSAM modys scare me a little with all that joint parts o_o...

13. Very interesting news. It would be wonderful if some of the old heads were re-released, though I really doubt we will see Bermann again. I hope hands can be purchased separately, I always like having a spare set of those around for upkeep on my current Dollshe gang, and I am down to two spare sets so I'd definitely buy a few more if available.

14. jarmie, from the looks of it, yes ... revamping the old v2 body (but maybe it will be the v1?) It probably won't be Bermann's (either 77 or the later release) body though.

You and me both, Kiyakotari! That old butt is so sad! The humiliation that these guys face when dropping their pants, is ego shattering! :lol:

Looks like you can order separate hands (and feet), gayle. The prices are right on this page:

http://dollstown.com/dollsheorder.htm

$40 a pair for the lighter resin colours and $50 for the tans. Spare hands are always a good investment with these guys!

Did everyone see the new head, Pabo? Guess we should start a new thread just for him ...

15. Well I think I can swing another big guy with this body, but I would want Rosen on it instead and I know my Hound would love to have his brother home, of course it would mean not getting a SD girl.

16. I don't mind the 'skinny rock musician butt' on the old Dollshes; my guys wear jeans/slacks/trousers all the time anyway; no one sees their bums but me when I change them. I would love to buy my boy extra hands just in case though. Beautiful oldschool Dollshe facemolds, hands and clavicles far outweigh that minor sculpting 'miss'. I really hope Dollshe does decide to rerelease the older heads; I would so love a Husky. I do hope it's the V.2 body though, I really prefer the one-piece hands and the slightly broader chest....AND the fact that V.2s are a bit ligher. I really dislike wiring but the V.1s really seem to need it.

17. Ah yes my Hound is V.2 body as well and is light compared to some of my other dolls, but I really love his butt, however if Dollshe does give this body the DSAM18 booty then I would be in heaven. That is one very well rounded quarter bouncing tight like Jean Claude booty I can drool over any day.

18. While I don't like the frog butt my guy doesn't sit around naked however sometimes I find it difficult to get him to sit just so because it throws him off his skinny butt points and he falls sideways instead. >_<

aaand Wow, checking out the new head on the Dollstown site... I don't know what to say about the face-ups they're showing. :horror: It wouldn't matter if those were the most beautiful sculpts in the world, that super old style face-up just does not do them any justice. Seeing that Dollshe says he doesn't have any idea about what's going on in the outside doll world, I'm tempted to link him to some of the wonderfully painted Dollshes on this forum to give him an idea about what people are expecting these days. :sweat

19. idrisfynn, that is an excellent idea! I ordered a faceup on the head I ordered with the Pure body, and I'm wondering if I will be happy that I did that when he arrives.

*checks out my old Saints butt in his tight pants* Looks good to me! :D But then... I'm old. What do I know?

20. I wonder if the pure body hands and feet will be interchangeable with the dsam ones. I haven't decided which hands I like the most (but I def prefer dsam feet).