1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Rosen discussion

Jul 31, 2009

1. gorgeous! i love his eyes, can't wait to see him with face-up done~

2. Could it be a case of the new head not really matching the old neck that makes the faceplate "pop"? Not such good news if that happens.

3. I do not think it is the neck. The faceplate is held onto the head with two magnets - one located in the area of the forehead - this is the big one (about 5mm) then the second one is in the chin area - but this one is so tiny about 1mm magnet. In my opinion, the small magnet is not strong enough. When I try to adjust the wig, the ears are being touched/moved by the wig and that is strong enough to break the magnetic force of the 1mm magnet and the bottom of the face plate is off you can see a gap in the face plate then I have to push it back in.... To me it seems there is nothing else holding the face plates besides the magnets. I feel I will have to put something strong there to hold it

4. Oh, thank you for letting us know! That does sound like a weak point of the design. If you can think of any way to prevent the fp to come loose do share! :)

5. Oo he is so tempting - I am really curious to see more photos with faceup. I'm like you Adalaire, I have a terrible time with the website. Wasn't there a photo showing all the possible faces planned? Somewhere? (I keep hoping for a Bernard too)

6. omg i'm soooooo excited!!!!!!waiting 4 the pics with make up on~~~~~

7. Does anybody know what's the waiting time for these boys? How long did it take to ship Saints and Orijeans?

8. I think it says on the website. :) Quoting:
      LightGreen color is available to order(shipping in 2~4 weeks), and Orange color is available to preorder(shipping in 1~2 month), Darkgray color means "Out of Stock".

9. I really like this boy! The longer I go without one of these new Dollshes the more they are growing on me. Maybe that's a good thing. Haha, I'm on a complete dolly-collecting hiatus now (what is this real life stuff??? Bills you say? What is this word college you speak of??) so I'm not buying him but if for some reason I win a grand... I know where it will probably go.

10. Im anxiously waiting for pics of the Rosen as I'm pretty sure I want him :D

11. I ask in Dollstown about a future release of Hound, Bermann and a smaller body than DSAM, and they told me this:

Hi, Rosen was made from Hound. and Dollshe is making again Berdard now,, it will be taked one~twon month,, but it is not surely when it will be released.
      and He is working now a new body less taller than DSAM, it will be near 70cm, and I don't know when it will be released.
      Thank you!

I don't know if they misunderstood Bermann for Bernard, but well. For me the future 70cm body is a good new ^^!

12. Oooh, that sounds exciting!
      But...I thought DSAM was 70cm. Um, I must have read the description very quickly. :doh

13. No, DSAM is around 75cm ^^!
      I don't know if the new body will have the same joints than DSAM, or if it will have more Dollshe old body look.

14. Oh wow! If he makes a body for Rosen that will fit in with the Classic Dollshe boys, Rosen will immediately go to the top of my list. I really like the DSAM 32/35 but I really don't want to have to buy a whole other size in clothes. Its hard enough to get nice inexpensive things for the Classic boys now they are discontinued. I love Rosen's face though.

15. *Does a happy dance*
      Yaaaay! I have a Hound and pretty much gave up on the idea of a Bermann a long time ago. But...Rosen looks pretty sweet so far! Kinda liking the idea of a boy with some traits of both. I must admit I like Hound's more open eyes more and I love, love, love the original Mona Lisa-esque Hound smirk. I cannot wait to see this boy with a faceup!

16. Yukari posted
      "Hi, Rosen was made from Hound. and Dollshe is making again Berdard now,, it will be taked one~twon month,, but it is not surely when it will be released.
      and He is working now a new body less taller than DSAM, it will be near 70cm, and I don't know when it will be released.
      Thank you!"

Now a 70 cm body with this new Rosen head WOULD tempt me. Part of what has been off-putting to me with the new ones is the additional size. 70cm is plenty big for my dolly world, and I just have no desire to go bigger than that.

I do like this Rosen face though. The mouth is gorgeous, and the nose, though not quite as stunning as Bermann's is a very nice new addition. The face shape is reminiscent of Bermann.

I didn't pre-order one of these guys, will wait to see owner pics then decide if I really need one.

17. delete

#77 cachal, Aug 20, 2009
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    18. I think I'll also wait for owner pics.....I still think they're gorgeous, hehe:)

19. If anyone is interested, we finally get to see a picture of Rosen with a faceup on Dollstown! :)

However, I dont think the faceup did the sculpt any justice...Plus the new angles make him more more reminiscent of Hound than Bermann...

It looks like I'm going to have to wait until I see owner pictures to decide whether I want this boy or not. :sweat

20. I agree. The faceup really doesn't do the sculpt justice, and he does look more like hound, than a blend as I had hoped. I'm still interested in him, so I am eager to see owner pics. I do like his eye shape though!