1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Sarubia: What's your opinion on this doll?

Jan 13, 2005

1. Just got my shipping notice . . . this wait is killing me, more so the closer she gets!

Good thing the Cutie Delf Mary arrived yesterday or I'd be gnawing my fingers, but I must dress CDM quickly before I take her to a meet this weekend--she'll freeze with just her tiny shoes. CDM took only from Friday to Monday to get here, so Hopefully I'll have a report soon soon soon.

If I'm really lucky, she'll get here in time for the meet, too.

Ann in CT
      holding breath
      turning blue
      falling over
      thud

2. Hmmmm....I cant say that her face appeals to me at all. Somehow I find her expression rather blank for my taste. However, she does have quite a Victorian look to her. I think my favorite Dollshe is "Berman"

:daisy :wink: :daisy :grin:

3. Her pics on ebay sorta remind me of a young Tracey Gold.

Still think I'm gonna order her someday.

4. Well, she's arrived, but her wig is nowhere to be found. *_* *_*
      I've emailed Doogie at Luts, & I'm sure it will be resolved quickly, but I don't even know if I like her; it was such a shock to get a continuing bald doll.

Her head cap is held on very cleverly--she has rabbit joint (or is it rabbet?) on the front & back of her headcap -- whatever it's called: a slanty cut like this: / \ with the wider part towards the bottom of the head. The headcap just slide into place & stays.

The Dollshe doll box is wood with hinges & clasps, tho' no handle. Very nice.

Body--reasonable posing, but I'm still so shocked I haven't played with her much. Very nice & flexible ankles & wrists.
      FLAT chest, with just an indication of nipples.

The other wig & shoes I've ordered for her have not yet arrived; and the wig's pink, so I'm not sure I want her to have that as her primary wig. *_*

girlcreeture--i'll bring her to the meet & try wigs on her there.

Good thing she came in her lace slip, 'cause it's Too Cold up here in New England for a naked little doll.
      eep. gotta sew for cutie delf mary then; she did come starkers.

'eep'ingly yours,
      Ann in CT

5. Ann in CT- Gosh, I bet it must have been weird to have a bald doll! Hopefully Luts will send you a wig for her to wear. I have been really dying to see pictures of Sarubia though. Will you be able to post any once she has a wig? I would love to see how she compares to other dolls.

6. Post pics soon, love to see her in diff. outfit and wigs :lol:

7. cankles? *boggle* please explain!

8. Doogie from Luts was terribly apologetic & is sending the wig soon, soon.

I wanted a bit more stuff from Luts anyway, so he will be sending the wig with my new order.

Fortunately, I went to girlcreeture's Boston meetup yesterday, and tried a wig on her; I like her so much better now that I've played with her more.

Her legs are very strong and sturdy; they would probably look a bit more feminine with more curve to them, a taper to the knee & another to the ankle for my taste. I tried some boots on her--poshdoll's platform boot for a boy--and they could not zip up. The girl boots wouldn't even go on.

Pretty face-up.

Her tiny ankle joints do still look a bit odd. Nicely sculpted kneecaps. Knees have tried to pinch me, but so far have failed.

Ankles flexible and nice, but need a bit of coaxing to stay in one place to stand.
      With the boy boots on and zipped as far as they would go (stiffening the ankles a bit), she stood very nicely. She can sit upright easily.

Sa(r/l)ubia thinks I was very wierd indeed to have her watch Dollmaster at the meet.

She kept on the boots, borrowed from my Dean, and he gallantly loaned her his overcoat from his suit, also, so she had big clunky boots and a cozy long coat with fur collar and her lacy petticoat peaking out in between.

I'll need to get/make a fur wig or six for her, 'cause that's going to be a good look for her.

Her inside-the-headcap label says she is number 3.

Ann in CT

9. calves + ankles = cankles

It's when there's no clear definition between the calf and the ankle.

10. I got Sarubia too....with no wig. No response from Doogi yet. I left a question on the bulletin board about it.

At first I thought I was getting the dress too. I don't think she looks like an antique doll without that outfit. I like her pouty look.

Mine has blue-green eyes, not brown......Carol M

11. Hmm, seems like a trend--I wonder if they have someone new packing up shipments, or something.
      I haven't gotten a shipment notice yet, but Doogie responded quite promptly & apologized.

Ann in CT

12. Hi! You can see nudie pics of her at Dollmore, I think... I kind of liked her... thought she was interesting until I saw those legs... Horrors!!! I appreciate that she is different.. but >gulp<!
      Raven :barf

13. Wig is on the way--I just got my shipping notice from Doogie, and he was careful to spell out that Dollshe Sarubia's wig is in the package.

:D
      look, the emoticon has hair, too.

Don't think Chiaon, my Salubia, has been sitting bald all this time, though. I got both the Dollheart wig and four Poshdolls wigs that I'd ordered.

Ann wigging out in CT

edit: rec'd my package over the weekend, & the wig is just lovely and is the same as shown on the Luts site. AC

14. Aha, now I finally know where the name "Sarubia" came from--apparently the Luts site. I bought my Dollshe "Salubia" thru Dollmore and always knew her name as Salubia. I sort of think Salubia is the correct name for this doll, as I saved photos from an Ebay auction and they looked like they were Dollshe pics. In them, it shows her name as Salubia.

15. I wonder if the name "Salubia" comes from the latin word 'salubris,' healthy (from the latin word 'salus,' health). She certainly is a "healthy" looking girl! Not wasting away anytime soon!

16. I guess it all depends. Since the L's and R's are kind of pronounced the same way, it ends up sounding the same. I don't know a whole lot about it since I didn't come up with the name and I'll just hush up but I do know that "sarubia" would be the engrish spelling for "salvia"...though I'm sure they wouldn't name her after a drug. >>; Just a thought.

17. o-o; ...and that was me. (sheesh, I see what you guys are talking about with the logging thing :| )

18. Hahaha... salvia :p Sounds like Saliva!
      Maybe they meant Sylvia?

19. :P Yeah it does. That's what I thought it said the first time I saw a package of it.

It could be Sylvia. Never know. XD Who knows 'cept the person that named her eh? *giggle*

20. Chaion is so lovely & pre-Raphaelite in her wig--I finally got a chance to play with her last night.

I'm in love all over again.

And she can stand up in her Dollheart granny boot with heels.

Now I've got to get a website.

Ann in CT