1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Wig Size Question:

Jul 7, 2006

1. While it's true that Hound and Husky have larger heads than Saint or Bernard, if the Volks wig is made to be a good fit on a Volks Syo or F-16, it's going to be large.

Even if it is large wig you want, a few stacked rubber bands will take up the extra room.

2. Volks wigs are much larger like others have said!
      If you order a wig and find it to be to big, I suggest velcro, rubber bands, virtually anything along those lines! ^^;; I've only used velcro for SeNii's wigs, but my friend uses rubber bands and they work like a --charm--

3. Niku-Sama*Is it MSD sized?

I will use something to hold the wig in place I just do not like to be able to see under the wig and do not like the look of too much thicknes under the wig.

I will likely not buy a Volks' wig after all as I was looking at them and none of the MSD sized ones would look right.

I have read that elfdolls have small heads. Would a elfdoll wig for a girl fit?
      Sorry for asking so many questions.

4. Nope, It is sd sized. Its this one > volksusa.com/w272.html I love it Volks wigs are so nice and in my opinion worth the price n_n

5. Oh, it is SD sized?! I really like some of the Volks' SD wigs.
      Um... if it is not too much trouble do you have a picture that I could see?
      I do not know if pictures are allowed here. If not you could PM me if you do not mind. Only if it is not much trouble.

6. From my own experience, Volks msd wigs will NOT fit Bermann, Hound, Husky or Van. The Saint and the Bernard molds do take smaller wigs. The Volks wigs are a good fit on the larger DS boys....but no, they are not going to look the way they do on the Volks' larger boys, espcially if the wigs have a fringe or tapered pieces in the front, because the Volks' boys have larger foreheads and punkin' heads the wigs with the front pieces still show the doll's face, on the DS boys, those wigs will hang more over the doll's eyes. And, yes, you need to use a wide rubber band.

7. Okay, thanks. I want one that does not have any bangs or fringe or anything of that sort; hopefully that will look good. The boy I have now has hair with long bangs and as much as I love them they are starting to drive me a little nuts with always falling in his face.

8. There's a line of Volks wigs in between the SD and MSD size, though . . . the regular Super Dollfie wigs are size 9-10, big enough for Volks and even Customhouse punkinheads ;), but there are also the size 8-9 "Dollfie Dream" wigs.

For my taste, the Dollfie Dream wigs are a much better fit than Volks' regular SD wigs for Hound, Husky, Bermann, and the other larger Dollshe heads (though even with the DD size, bangs sometimes need to be trimmed). There are some nice boyish styles in DD size, too!

9. Ah, I was thinking about the DD wigs but I did not know what size they were. I wish they had a style that did not have bangs or looked scruffy. Maybe they do... I'll check.
      Thanks.

10. Which size of wig fits the 70cm Dollshe boys heads best, a 8-9 size or the 9-10 size? I have a Dollshe boy coming and want to get the right size for his head. Thank you :aheartbea

moonchilde

(Please forgive me if this has been asked before...if so please let me know the link to the answer...)

11. I've heard 8-9 fits best, but I don't have one myself so I can't say from first hand. I'm pretty sure it's 8-9 though!

12. I'm glad it was useful :) I'm pretty sure that Delf wigs fit Hounds, if I remember correctly they are elasticated and grip on the head, so you shouldn't have problems with it staying on (but velcro or a simple rubberband never hurts - my Hound was able to wear a non-elasticated 9-10 furwig with the latter^^)

13. lol, my boy wears a Kid Delf sized mohair wig from Luts xD

14. If it helps anyone else who looks at this thread, I have a dollshe Hound and the Iple 8-9 wig fits him pretty wonderfully.
      Thought I'd throw that out there since I ended up a this thread hoping to find out what size wig to by my boy originally ^_^

15. Just thought I'd add to this thread...

Saint's head is actually 20cm (7.87in)... so a 7-8 wig for sure!
      Luts delf wigs are too big. Dollfie dream wigs are better but still too big.

Do luts minifee/kid delf wigs fit Saint? I am afraid of it being too small since minifee heads are 18.5cm and kid delf are 19cm... :/

[EDIT: 7-8 Leekeworld wigs fit saint heads]

16. hi everyone, i just bought Dollshe Amanda, and what is the wig size? ive got lots of 8-9 wigs for my iplehouse dolls...would the fit?
      thank you

17. hi everyone, im expecting Amanda does anyone know the perfect wig size?
      Dollshe told me 8-9 but ive heard that 7-8 fit better.. help??

18. I suppose 8 inch will sit perfectly, because some of 7-8 wigs are too small, and 8-9 wigs are too big))
      I have Amanda too, and wig problem is really frustrating)
      7-8 Leeke fits, but I don't like their quality, I'm going to order 8 inch Crobi wig.

19. I use 7-8 wigs that have an elastic cap for my Saint.