1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshouse?

Jun 20, 2005

1. aaack! i have to stop looking at this thread! omg!!!!!! dies of cuteness all over again...

2. I love the AG Mini stuff but it is discontinued and now goes for very high prices. Like for just the decor set for the diner (i.e. the flooring, etc) somebody wants $95.

Other than the cost,that stuff is great!

Carolyn

3. Question - what are the dimensions of the AG mini rooms? I notice those are plenty wide and high for photography.

Thanks!

Carolyn

4. I won't be home until Sunday - but I will try to remember to take dimensions for you then!

:daisy Dena

5. Carolyn, I have yet to build it but I'll be making Honorine's house next month :: prays nothing comes up to push it even further back ::

When it's done it'll be like this (well, providing I can get all the angles plum, etc)

[​IMG]

It's basically a room kit with a hinged front...

She has a bunch of Bespaq furniture to decorate with...but be warned, those pieces are often hard-to-find, $$, and very fragile.

Everybody's rooms are so cuuuuuuuuuuuute! I can't wait to be able to finally share Honorines...

6. eeee that retro diner is so awesome! too bad its 985 dollars?!?!?! on ebay!

7. Luckily I got my rooms before they were discontinued...but sometimes you can catch one on Ebay that's not too bad. The diner is VERY hard to come by. I only have pieces from it. I really wish I would have bought the whole one when it was available. I just have the booth set and the decor. My walls and floor are actually from the shoe store set. Here's the blue room on ebay. Right now it's at $50 for the whole set - which is about a quarter of the price that it originally sold for. But there's still a day left...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15989&item=5590962576&rd=1

I took the measurements of mine. The front is 13 inches wide x 10 inches high. It's 9 inches deep. It tapers back - so the back of the room is 9 1/2 inches wide x 9 1/2 inches high.

:daisy Dena

8. Ooooh, you'll have to show us all photos when you get the sets :D I've got a pocket fairy (5.5") and I'd love to see how the scale is.

9. Ooo - I gotta stop buying stuff for Lyn before she arrives! Even though I bought $50 of Trading Spaces stuff (two rooms and a bungalow frame), I just bought an entire furnished Laura Ashley doll house on Ebay (the one where the rooms can be separated). I really liked the kitchen with its white paned wall cabinets. This is me, the thread-starter who does not have room for a dollhouse.

Click "See more pictures" at this link to see the Laura Ashley house:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000066RWJ

And gothiclibrarian - that house looks nice! Is that a kit? I like all the windows and the french doors. You should be able to get some interesting lighting effects, and you could also play with backdrops seen through the windows from inside (travel posters, real scenery outside, etc.)

carolyn

10. Hi, Carolyn,

You might want to look into the American Girl Angelina Ballerina room. I think they can still be bought directly from American Girl and I know I've seen them sold on eBay. It's collapsible, metal so you can use magnets on things to "hang" them, and is a popular room set for Riley Kish, a 7.5" doll. Furniture is also sold sized for it, but beware, it's mouse-themed. :)

:daisy --Kris

11. Oops. I didn't notice you had already found something. Guess I should check a thread for the latest posts when I come up with a response after reading it earlier.

Thanks for posting the link -- it looks very interesting and I can't wait to see the pix.

12. Yeah - Elfdoll Lyn's been very busy spending my money before she gets here. A house, a vacation bungalow, clothes and shoes were not enough. Apparently she thought she'd be lonely living alone in that big house so she seems to have acquired a sister and her sister is bringing a friend.

13. Now you've really piqued my curiosity! Who are the friends?

:daisy Kris

14. Lyn's sister is an Elfdoll DoDo who needs some limbs reattached, and their friend is an Elfdoll Min Del Re who needs some staining removed and a complete faceup and wig.

I will be quite busy!

Carolyn

15. Congratulations on your new little ones! I'm so happy that the injured little Dodo and Min have someone who will fix rhem up. (I can't imagine doing a faceup on such a tiny one)These tinies really are quite addicting, aren't they? Be sure to post pix when they arrive and you get their new home all set up.

16. what scale would Yo-sd be? Ive tried to figure it out but no such luck :(

17. There are not a lot of easily-available furniture scales. You need to decide if you want Yo-SD to look like he is a toddler or young child on adult furniture, or if you want furniture close to the right size for him.

I believe I read Yo-SD is about 10 inches tall? If you want furniture his size, the full size Bratz dolls are 10 inches tall and have a variety of funky furniture. In addition, 9.5-12 inch teen and adult dolls are considered 1/6 scale so you could look for 1/6 scale furniture for furniture that fits him. Barbie is 11 1/2 inches tall so Yo-SD would probably look ok in Barbie furniture. American Girl dolls are 18 inches so Yo-SD would look like a child in adult furniture with theirs.

If you want actual baby furniture to fit Yo-SD like crib, playpen, highchair, then I don't know. You need to find a popular baby or toddler doll about his size that furniture was made for.

You could trace Yo-SD on a piece of paper (or just cut a rectangle his size and width and mark where his knee and hip joints are), cut it out, and take it to a big toy store to compare it against various sizes of doll furniture.

Carolyn

BTW (techie way)

If you are good with a computer and have a decent graphics program like Adobe Elements or Serif Photo Plus or the free WinGimp (I have never used this one), you can compare a doll against furniture of known size by scaling pictures of each in a graphics program. Scale them so their heights in the pictures have the same ratio as their real sizes.

For example.. If Yo-SD is 10 inches tall and you have a photo of a chair that is known to be 7 inches high, divide 7 by 10 = 0.7. You need to scale their pictures so the chair is .7 times the doll's height in its picture. Measure the height of the doll in its picture in the graphics program. You can use a transparent ruler over your screen or a program like Cool Ruler (a pop-up ruler). Let's say the doll's height is 5.3 inches in its picture. Multiply that by .7 and that is how big the chair need to be in its picture (3.5 inches). Change the image size of the chair picture until you get the chair to the correct height of 3.5 inches (I usually Undo after each bad guess to keep the photo sharp). Now you can put the photos side by side and see how you like the size of that furniture.

I know this seems really complicated, but once you know how to do this, you can do more advanced things after scaling like seeing how wigs and clothes look on dolls, try out eyes in dolls, etc., all in your graphics program.

18. Thanks a million :D

Im a graphics designer/webbie designer/pixel artistetc so im familiar with graphics programs

Thanks for the info- i hadnt thought of that :D

19. They are the perfect size for dollhouse type house. There are sites that have a small two room doll house for about 17.00 that they fit in. I had gotten that originally but stuck to my big doll house instead. Here is the thread. They are 1:12 scale basically
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19476&highlight=

20. Ok, this seems REALLY lame, but here ya' go...

I used this for Pi, and now I use it for my Konji Dolls, and one day, if I get another teeny tiny, I'll use it for him/her too...:)

[​IMG]

Anyhow, I got it from Tuesday Morning for $5 (normally marked for $25 LOL) and it's really cute. It has plugs for the lamp (I only got it to work once or twice) and it has other outlets. You were supposed to be able to get all the "rooms" together and stack them into a "house". The walls are magnetic and they are reversible. So is the "window". hehe

Hope that helps. I wish I could remember the name of it, but I really can't. =/