1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshouse?

Jun 20, 2005

1. Not lame - I think that's an AG Mini room - you got a great deal and it's cute!

Carolyn

2. Honorine's Chateau is officially under construction (she's sitting on the rough front steps...the opening she's in front of is where a pair of french doors will go).

[​IMG]

And she definitely hates the wallpaper samples we're trying to get her to choose from.

I had no idea that building a kit like this would be so fun! I'm really enjoying this project :D Now, if only it would make Honorine happy...

Better buy some more wood glue on my way home. We're tackling the trim tonight...next I'll be painting and then after that the windows go in and it'll be nearly done.

3. these were available at Target -- I have two of them, I have a little boutique and a living room -- I have to make space for them. they are SO CUTE. the working lights just about slay me. there WAS a little juice bar that I wanted but I resisted.

I will try to get pics of mine this weekend. for sure it's not an AG room tiny, I don't know how TM ended up with them but this is exactly what I had gotten at target as part of their own doll line. :grin:

4. I love that pic. Honorine seems to wait impatiently for her Chateau...So sweet.

You have all very cute houses/rooms....lovely.

5. I wonder what kind of wallpaper she wants? Have you tried something pastel with a soft pattern?

carolyn

6. haha she's all "No, and no and no! Get back to work mortals!" Her poutiness slays me!

I can't wait to see what her chateau looks like when it's done! Yay!

7. What brand of dollhouse kit is that? And did it come with all of the window frames?

carolyn

8. It's the front-opening conservatory made by Real Good Toys in Vermont. This is my first dollhouse kit, so I have nothing to compare it to, but construction has been a breeze and the quality is great.

The kit came with all construction pieces (includes windows/doors) but no wood glue, tape, door handles, interior finishings (like stain or wallpaper), or interior trim (the windows have trim though).

I'll be getting to all those windows in a couple days...

9. I just ordered a Corona Concepts "Laurel" dollhouse kit. It is 4 rooms with a small attic space, and has a pretty wraparound porch. I also ordered a 2-room addition to the house called the "Primrose" addition (well--it's 1 1/2 rooms, really... one regular sized room and one VERY tiny attic space). I'm planning it to be a house for my future Serendipity aga fairy.
      :cow Yes, I'm 30-something years old. I don't care! I don't have to grow up! Never! Never! Never! Here's a link to the dollhouse I bought. It shows the house with the additional room. Cute! I've never put together a dollhouse before. This should be a bit of a challenge.
      http://www.littlekidstuff.com/corona_concepts_laurel_dollhouse_kit.html

10. I do NOOTTTT want to be looking at dollhouses omg........... i really can see myself getting obsessed with finding tiny things that really light up/ teeny books/ etc omg.

i just can't go there.. not looking, I can't hear you! la la laaa

11. I had to laugh...I'm older than you and I just bought a dollhouse kit AND some of the AG Mini's Illuma rooms, too!!! I don't plan to ever grow up...no way!!!!! :lol:

Az

12. :o I got the dollhouse I ordered. It has so many pieces. ... It's going to take days and days to put together. I'm feeling a bit intimidated, now . .. :roll:

13. That's the way I felt when I got my dollhouse...I started to put it together one day and got splinters in my fingers and all over the floor and just kind of put it all aside and bought the AG Illuma rooms instead...I'll get back to the dollhouse some day, but I need a better place to put it together...Here's a pic of one of the Illuma rooms I got...the purple bedroom will be here sometime next week...

[​IMG]

Az

14. I purchased AG minis rooms for my elf girls and they are perfect!

(American Girls) minis have been discontinued, but are available on ebay.

They are scaled exactly to fit the elf dolls. I will take some pics and post them as soon as I get a little extra time.

The minis are set up as an illuma room (can be used for many different scenes) decor, furniture and accessories. The illuma room can be plugged into electricity and the little lamps etc included light up...very cute.

You should check any auctions to be sure you get the illuma room (if you want it) because some auctions are just for the decor or the furniture or the accessories.

Helen

15. Oops, I forgot about this thread while I was updating...the Chateau's all done now.

16. WOW :o ! Gorgeous :D

She is one very lucky little girl :love

:daisy Dena

17. I know this is at the beginning of the post but I though I should let you all know. I have one of these, the kitchen and am not happy with it at all. The walls are just thin cardboard. Mine doesnt fit together well and everything in it is plastic. Most of the drawers dont open.
      I did however find at Taget a while ago, something called generation miniatures. They are much nicer lttle roomboxes that have working lights. They are a great scale and have loads of different styles. I dont know if they still have them, but its worth a look.

18. I'll have to say - I remember this thread so I had to add what I just built on Saturday.

[​IMG]

The start of her little room. The A.C. Moore has these one room doll house kits for $26 and since I get a discount and I had a 40% coupon, I bought it after putting it back twice on 2 different days.

It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be - it's the perfect dormroom size. It was awful to glue together since normal clear tape, masking tape and even duct tape wouldn't stick to it to hold it together for the glue to dry. I know - I should have nailed it together but I decided to be lazy in that respect. The camera warped the image a little but it looks right in real life. It was in the dollhouse section and I had a great deal of restraint since I wanted to get a little glass-like window and a working door which you can attach doorknobs with tiny (nonworking) keys and even a knocker.

I haven't finished it yet but I plan on using the upholstery velvet for her carpet and decorative papers for wallpaper. I'm very close to buying light fixtures so I can seal up the windows since normal sun will eventually yellow her - you can see I put the door and the window opening back in.

P.S. I went looking for the AG Illuma rooms - they are expensive on ebay!

19. 1. Re Trading Places - yeah I never opened the stuff I bought. It never works when I try to save money by buying something that's less than what I really want. By the time it arrived, I had bought a Laura Ashley dollhouse too. Unfortunately that's also still in the box because I have no place to set it up :(.

2. For the previous poster - I bet your room box will be really cute. One trick I used when I used to turn cabinet shelves into room boxes was this... I cut and folded poster board so it fit exactly as the side and back walls (one big piece folded twice so it was like a "U" - side wall, back wall, side wall). Then I papered the poster board and stuck it in there - it mostly held itself in but I usually added a bit of double-stick tape under the front edges to hold them tight to the wall. It's fairly easy and I had the option of swapping in a different wallpapered board. I mostly did this because I did not want to ruin the cabinets, but it's also an option for anyone who has one room box and multiple room ideas.

Carolyn

20. I have a hand made room box right now for sale. It's on ebay and also is listed in the marketplace clothing etc area :)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

We also do custom room boxes/doll houses if anyones interested
      :)