1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshouse?

Jun 20, 2005

1. I'm completely guilty of the whole "rampant shopping for tiny before tiny arrives" syndrome. I built my as-yet-to-be-ordered MiniMay a room as well - I went with a theme that says that she's maybe 4 or 5 years old - still quite young, but old enough to talk.

The furniture I bought and altered, but the room itself I built with hardwood pressboard, 1/8 wood stripping for the chair rail, and fabric for wallpaper.

Come home soon, MiniMay!

[​IMG]

Karla

2. Karla that is a very cute room!! :D
      ur future little girl will be very happy ^ ^

3. Nice room! I love the wainscotting with the striped wallpaper. Great job - I am sure your tiny will love her room.

Carolyn

4. Wow - that is so cute. You little girl is going to be so happy to be adopted by you! :D

:daisy Dena

5. OMG that room is soooo sweet!!!!
      I want to make a room for my minimay also, but I'll try to make something who can also contain her dresses and wigs and I can close and put under my bed to keep her stuff safe from the evil cats! XD

And you gave me inspiration... I just remember I also have a tiny pink fabric like the one you used on the bed!

6. Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make. And I'm not done yet - everytime I look at it, I see another thing I could add/make. :)

Karla

7. Something I think would fit really well in your room and color scheme is one of the Fisher Price dollhouse rocking chairs like I got for my Elfdolls. They are tan like your bed but with pink in the center of the back and seat. I especially like them because they have arms and tilt back slightly so the doll is very stable in them.

Try searching ebay for:

(rocking,rocker) (FP,Fisher) -horse

Then select the left category Toys...Pretend

They show up on Ebay a lot. You could also select full text search and rety once you are in the right category.

Carolyn

8. Thanks for the tip! I already ordered a wooden rocking chair from Ebay, though, so I'll wait til it arrives to see how things look. :)

Karla

9. Has anyone got a dolls house for their tinies? Can you post pix. Peaches was given two bedroom sets for Christmas and I'm considering getting a dolls house to put them in.
      I just wasn't sure whether to buy that or another tiny. I could always use shelving for the bedroom sets temporarily.
      My MIL thinks I should get the dolls house and Peaches seems very keen on the idea.
      :smile: HELP!!!

10. In between writing this I visited LaTi and Pury was available and I've just bought her so the dolls house will have to wait.

11. Oh lucky you Valli I'm so jealous that you could afford another tiny so soon! ;o; I'm considering making a room for Michael...that'd be so nice.

12. Imhave several 1/12 scale houses , and a 24th :fangirl
      I tend to mix scales with my PFs and tinys
      my favorite house for my tinys was a £10.00 New Baby Born hose which they were selling off at Toys R Us :fangirl
      of course the house was only a tenner ...but I have spent a bomb on Re-ment and Sylvanian Family Goodies ..but they look great with my kiddies,Ive grabbed loads of bits and bobs off Ebay too for it
      and of course becasuse I exhibit at doll house shows Im always grabbing bits and bobs for them there

13. Ann, I used my Christmas bonus and tips from clients. Sorry to make you green....... but you will be able to meet them all and then you can decide if you'd like to save for one. Making a room is a great idea.
      Carrie, your houses sound great. MIL really wanted me to buy the dolls house, but I'd rather have another tiny and save for the dolls house. I just wouldn't know which one to choose, but in the end, choosing ury was easy. I hadn't realized just how much I wanted her. She will need another sister at some point, but maybe the dollshouse will be next. I must not look at any more dolls......
      I shall have to use a shelf for the bedroom sets for the mo.
      I've checked out the other threads, but the pix are no longer there. Do you have any pix of your's Carrie?

14. Hoorah to you Valli for getting christmas tips! And hoorah to meee <3 because I got money towards my doll for christmas(half of the doll, just he may come naked~) SO YAYS! I'll be buying him in march!(and then the save starts again for the next one!)

15. That's brilliant news, Ann!! I'm delighted for you. Roll on March, hey?

16. Valli, I see a lot of UK dollhouse sellers on eBay whenever I do searches, many more than here. I would think you could get something from a mini-room size all the way up to a larger house, whatever suits the amount of space you have.

17. I have a house for my nari-pon; but it's not quite her size since my grandfather made it for me when I was a little girl; but it works for now. WHen I have more money and virtually no doll lust for other dolls, I'll get her something a bit more her style and size.

18. Valli you mentioned you wanted to come to Miniatura
      well you couldnt ask for more
      they have kits for houses and room boxes
      inexpensive to ....morgage LOL and fabrics and teeny weeny bits
      Its the largest show in the UK
      sigh , cant wait untill March (there is also one is September)
      then there is the Kensington DollsHouse Festival ...in May WOW I love that show too

19. Oh my, I want to come to the Kensington one. I'll go search details for that.
      Thanks for a great response everyone. I'd love to see pix if you have them.
      Don't you find these tinies are more demanding than the bigger ones? There's so much available for them, no wonder, hey?