1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshouse?

Jun 20, 2005

1. I'm all embarrassed now. We've just come back from visiting Worthing on the coast and there is one of the largest dolls house stores in the south there. We came away with a dolls house!!! It's pink with blue windows and doors and a bay section and balconies. We have to build it yet. It's all wood finish on the inside and has 4 main rooms with an attic space. It's divided slightly off centre so that the kitchen & bathroom are smaller.
      I managed to get a 1950's style kitchen with red accessories. They did us a deal and I was able to get the last of this set. I can paint the details on the kitchen suite later. I want to decorate it with strawberries and red gingham curtains and chair cushions.
      They even split a bedroom set so that I could have the desk, chair and chest of drawers, also white, that I can paint. I think Peaches will have the attic for her bedroom and office suite. This is such fun.
      Steve found some Clarice Cliff plates there, but didn't buy them. He loves art deco stuff. If I could have found an art deco house, I would have got that, but I really love this little house. It's 24" tall, 21" wide and 13.5" deep and till sit on a shelf in my office so that I can spend lots of time with in.
      This was a really good deal, too. When my computer comes back fixed I'll take pix.

2. About photos disappearing...

People seem to use various sites to host their photos and many of these sites seem to shut down photos for bandwidth problems, or purge them after a period of time.

I use http://www.thedollpage.com Album type #1.

This is a nice site and is just for photos of dolls. The photos are browsable at their site for people who want to search for photos by keyword, and you can get links for each of your photos to link to or display them elsewhere. They may have restrictions on contents (i.e. nude dolls, doll sex, items for sale, etc.) since the photos are publicly browsable.

Album type #1 reduces the resolution of high res pictures somewhat but keeps them there as long as you use your account. Album type #2 leaves the res alone (I think) but purges the photos after a period of time.

I have an Album #1 so my photos don't disappear. It's free.

Carolyn

3. Thanks Carolyn. I use photobucket these days and can keep seemingly unlimited photos forever. I have used a site that only allowed a min. of pix and that meant I had to delete to add new ones. That's the only problem with trying to view old threads. I would have loved to see the pix of the dolls houses, but hardly any were viewable. I don't think everyone has the facility to keep all their pictures. I hope your info wiill help.

4. Congrats on the new house Valli, it sounds gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures.

5. I was wondering if you had taken a look at the trading spaces rooms that you bought and if you can tell if it would be a good scale for a pocket fairy. Are you reselling them? I've been considering them for a while now.

Lindsey

6. Valli, I'm looking forward to seeing your dollhouse after you finish it. After reading your thread about dollhouses I decided my tiny family needed one. I ordered a Petite Playhouse at www.dollmarket.com for $10. :D

7. Congrats Valli. Can't wait to see all your new things, from dolls to houses.

Laura

8. Congrats, Valli. We have bupkis for dollhouse stores here in San Diego. One high-end store in Old town and a smaller doll store with a few items, that's about it. No clue why.

I did luck out on a lot set of AG Mini rooms from a local person on Craigslist at a very decent price, so that's what my mini brood is using...I have them stacked like a "mini condo" <G>.

9. I must say, tinies are BY FAR the most fun to buy for, even before they come! ALAS! I am guilty as well!! But's they're so easy to spoil, I can't help myself!! XP

At Micheals they have lots of wooden furniture. Mostly cabinets and armoires. They're friggin adorable! I used to have alot of them when I was a kid so they've been around for a little while. I was a nut for miniature stuff. I'd set up little rooms and homes even if I didn't have any figures to go in them, hehe! I'll take pics of Pury's home in progress. ^-^

Fischer Price "Loving Family" dollhouse sets look perfect for the smaller tinies. The mom and dad bedroom set expecially, it's very cute, and not too cheesy lookin' either.

Post pics of your doll homes everyone! I love to see them!! They're very inspiring. :3

10. Thanks Ann. I'm sort of sorry to have caused you to buy a dolls house, Carol, but you got a great deal. They are such fun. Think you can go on and on adding to them. I'm still looking for lounge and bathroom furniture. I adore the red and white kitchen. It's just so 50's!!!
      Thanks Laura. I'm hoping my computer will be working by the weekend.
      Robin, you did great to get all that.
      Please post pix when you get a chance everyone, me included.

11. I wonder if any of these would work well for a latidoll white? they are 9.5 cm (3.7 inches)

12. It sounds wonderful, Valli. I can't wait to see photos of it. I would love to find someone to sell me an assembled doll house -- I'm not very handy with assembling things. I think it would be great fun to decorate one and buy all the bits and pieces of furniture -- that would be within my talents, such as they are. ;)

13. Honestly it was really easy Kris. Just putting screws in and it was done!
      I've just won a Hello Kitty bathroom suite for my girls. I think they will love it.
      [​IMG]

14. oh! hello kitty <3 that's so adorable Valli you lucky thing!

15. Oh, Valli, that bathroom set is just too cute. So fitting for your tiny girls. :)

And it was really that simple? I think even I could manage a screwdriver. :daisy

16. What a cute little set! It will look great in your dollhouse :)

17. Oh you're all so sweet! Thanks. I just couldn't decide on one, but when I saw this I knew it was the perfect set. I've gone much more posh for the lounge as I've just won another auction for this...
      [​IMG]
      And yes, Kris, it really was that easy. Mine is all finished in wood so doesn't need decorating, but can be if I want to do that later, that's why I can just move things in. Brilliant!!

18. That's a darling set, too, Valli. I love eclectic furnishings -- I think different rooms should evoke different moods!

And can you tell me the make of your dollhouse? It sounds like the type I'm looking for. :daisy