1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown 17 and 18 year boys and girls - Part 2

Apr 4, 2018

1. Yeah, I don't have a stand. My dolls lay around on various couches or on tables, etc. While I do have characters, I do think they look more realistic lounging around. I have this idea that someday I'm going to get them all standing at once and take a photo. So far, it's just a dream.

@Katushka_Nitok That is a pleasing photo. Love the outfit! That's great.

2. Just a heads up that Dollstown are discontinuing a lot of their head sculpts.

3. Wow! That's quite a lot of different sculpts across their different lines, 16 in all. Wonder why such a massive discontinuance?

Thanks for letting us know, @vonbonbon.

4. Welp! Just sent Dollstown the first of three fairly hefty payments for my long-planned order. (Thanks to @wrenbe for explaining their Layaway system!) Fingers crossed I've understood it correctly... Basically sent them cash and an email with the basket copied into it, since I couldn't for the life of me get the site to cooperate with registering an order without having to actually pay in full.

All going well I should have a Byula on the 17yo body and one of the gorgeous 18yo female bodies for a floating head (Dollshe Bernard) turning up at some point!

5. YAY!! Lol I remember when I tried to order the first time, the basket kept going to paypal with the full amount. So I did basically what I told you/you did. I copied the order into an email to them with the statement that I wanted a layaway. then to reserve my spot I paypaled them the first payment. They emailed me back confirming it, then I just paypaled them monthly until I was paid up. Easy peasy. Congrats on the order!

6. @wrenbe - Thanks! I got the order confirmation overnight, so now its just the extra long Layaway induced wait to get through...

Eesh, this order has been long enough in the coming as it is. Somehow my floating Dollshe Bernard just kept getting pushed further and further down the priority list even though I knew exactly what my plan was going in; turning the sculpt into a tall willowy slip of a girl by plonking the sculpt onto the gorgeous DT18 body. (This now means my floating head count is now down to 'only' three... The damage done by those initial Dollshe 'discontinuation' sales is nearly contained.)

7. I’d like to share the new gown I finished last week for the Dollstown 17 body.
      I just love this wonderful sculpt!! My doll has an LLT Edria head in NS in this photo.

The fabric is fine imported Swiss batiste in a pale blush color. It’s so sheer that
      you can even see her leg thru thru skirt! (She needs a petticoat.) I really do
      love the Regency style gowns - they look so well on most of the doll bodies!
      [​IMG]

8. Just realized that I fully forgot to post here, but I put my 17 girl through her paces. Link since there's so many images.

Edit: nekkid dolls await when you click that link. Nsfw

9. Well, time to give the thread a good poke. Anyone receive the 17yr Vision body yet?

I just received a (secondhand) 18yr girl body and wow, she's massive and amazing and I don't actually have a doll stand that can hold her yet. I've opted to hot glue suede her instead of using traditional suede since she seems pretty unstable in the hips. And since she was a surprise purchase she, uh, doesn't actually have any clothes. D:

10. Hi @whitebread, congrats on the new 18 body... I've had 3 in all and loved them, but finding stands is difficult because of the weight, I wound up using a fairly standard one but stealing the big heavy circular base from a different stand and it seemed to work a lot better. Also, wire those legs and save yourself a lot of swearing ;)

11. I have the 17yo vision ordered but have not received her yet.

12. That was a really good comparison set! I definitely have a preference for the Dollstown 17yr girl body now - definitely more elegant.

13. Thank you for reminding me about wiring! I was about ready to resign her to a chair for the rest of her days. :doh

14. @whitebread, hee hee, I know, it seems hopeless but some good sturdy wire and she/he will stand like a champ :)

15. @miffimifster Glad to help! I love both bodies honestly. DT remain the only double jointed bodies that don't drive me insane, so they're always my go to for modeling and hybrids.

16. I'm a bit worried that now they have a new 17 year old girl body they will be discontinuing the old one soon.

I might need a 17yo body for a hybrid, but I like the extra hip joint in the old body, and the Vision one will be around for a while if I change my mind later.

Does anyone have an opinion on this fear based on past experiences with Dollstown (like when they updated their Elf body in 2013)?

17. I'd love some insight into that question as well since I prefer the old 17 year body as well. I'm kind of hoping since they gave it a different title of "vision body" that they might keep both types?

I also have a different probably oddball question for you all, but I'm curious if anyone has tried putting a Zaoll head on the 17 year girl body?

18. Maybe we'll get an answer @Tsukiyono! I guess I should start saving just in case, but I really wanted to order the Elf body next, not the 17 one.

I have seen hybrids of a Zaoll head (Luv head) with several 60cm bodies (Supia original single-jointed, etc.) and they looked pretty nice, but the DT17 body is listed as 64.5-65cm (with head), so a Zaoll head might be too small for it. Of course, the typical DT head is pretty big, so the body without a head may not actually be that far from 62-63cm. Maybe someone who owns it could measure it for you?

(If you want to see these hybrids, search "Zaoll hybrid" on Flickr! I found quite a few photos there).

Zaoll sculpts are beautiful. I have a soft spot for the Luv sculpt....it's one of the first heads I was able to recognize when I first got into bjds.

19. I don't see why they would discontinue the original 17 year body as it's relatively recent too.... seems odd as they would have presumably have planned both at a similar time. The Vision body will appeal to people who put their dolls in fashion clothing so I guess they are just trying to see if they can attract a new market? I doubt they would abandon their existing customers in the process.

I've never owned a Zaoll but know they are smaller than a regular BJD so assume it would be an odd look. For me, Souldoll heads never look too great on DT bodies, because they are just so much smaller and DT necks are designer for the larger than average DT heads.... be interesting to see though :)

20. @vonbonbon - thank you for your opinion on the "are they going to discontinue the old 17 body" question! I hope that you are right.