1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown 17 and 18 year boys and girls - Part 2

Apr 4, 2018

1. @JinCIncy - Thank you! I think IH white matches pretty well with DT Fresh, too (at least according to some photo comparisons).

2. Hi everyone! I'm at a loss... I have an 18yrs girl body and I can't get her to stand AT ALL. I replaced the knees with the new knee parts. I've tried tightening her strings. I've tried wiring and hot glue sueding... And yet she STILL buckles at the knees. I don't know what to do! I love the look of this body, but I'm having so much trouble with it. :...(

3. Did you wire the legs with thick enough wire? I did with mine and she stands fine now. Trying to remember what gauge wire I used, let me look it up
      Oh right, 12 gauge white covered copper wire. Tried to find 10 gauge white covered copper but couldn't find any, so went with the 12 gauge and it helped tremendously. Even with the old knee parts. I ran the wire in one continuous piece inserted in one ankle joint threaded upwards then through the hips and down the other leg, clipped when it came out the other ankle. She's the Seola13 when that mold still existed, in the Raspberry Fresh resin.
      Edited to add she is hot glue sueded too.
      [​IMG]

4. Where does everyone buy shoes for their girl? The 18 yr old body feet are so big

5. I've just finished making a new silk dupioni gown for my "Demelza" - she's the gorgeous DT17 body
      with the LLT Edria head (*love* this hybrid combo). This body shows off a gown so beautifully!

[​IMG]

6. Hello everyone,

I dont have Dollstown yet but I'm thinking to get 17yrs old body for my Limhwa. What do you guys think about such hybrid? The proportions seem to fit, especially judging by the beautiful hybrid of LLT Edria and 17yrs body...

OMG She is beautiful! And I love the hybrid, the head matches the body perfectly.

7. I have had several Limhwa heads and would have thought they would fit very well on the 17 body.

8. Thank you so much for reply!

#89 Onkani, Nov 17, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    9. Urghhhh, anyone else feel like some kind of mad Dollstown YoYo? I sold my DT18 Soi and now, more than a year later I think about her all the time and wonder if I should order one while they are still on offer.... or Rian on the 18 or both heads and an 18 body. That would then be the 3rd time I decided I love the 18 year body after deciding unilaterally that it was too big and cumbersome.... I like the 17year, but just not as much! :doh:nosebleed:wiggle:whee::atremblin I feel like DT have driven me insane!

10. Yve as you probably know I have had 2 DT 18 bodies and I still wonder if I should get another even though she never stood properly and had massive feet (also kept the 2 pairs of boots I bought her 'just in case') but she was lovely.

11. Thanks for that @avrilpaeony, it's good to know I am not alone in this craziness ;)

12. @vonbonbon
      I think I can relate in a way.

I have the 18 male body now. I have never had it before, but I have adored the sculpting for a long time. I just broke down and put a certain doll head on it (which I did not buy it for) and it's instant love...and also I know the engineering of the body is gonna drive me batty. :sweat

It's too heavy for me. I have no clothes for it. It poses strictly worse than the last body the head was on, and I'm terrified he will kick his arms and hit himself in the face instantly destroying both his face up and hand blushing. Lol.

That all said he looks AMAZING and I'm gonna make it work. So yes...I think Dollstown requires a certain crazy devotion. ;)

Edit: Also speaking of feet...other than Iplehouse EID shoes...does anyone know of good shoes for the 18 guy?

13. @Lady Ravenswood - yup, that sounds about right! What I did learn is that the female 18 can stand VERY well if you wire the legs with the thickest wire you can get into the holes. The jointed feet make her less stable than she could be but I never found any other feet I like enough to swap. Presumably the males don't need to have jointed feet (?) so that should give you an advantage straight away. :)

14. @vonbonbon
      Ah, thanks Yve. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and wire him as you say, so it's good to know what thickness to try for. It's outside of my experience as I generally don't like to wire my dolls. I really just love the way they can fall naturally into poses when the joints aren't held so stiffly. I think this body may revolt and kill the doll otherwise though. He's getting sueded EVERYWHERE for sure. :XD:

Oh goodness, we are on the same wavelength... I've been eyeing his feet and thinking of what other feet I could use instead...
      He doesn't have jointed feet, they are just a fiddly size and I'm a bit stumped on what shoes to try for him. I own one pair of EID boots, but they just look too big to my eye. It's like my Venitu all over again, lol. I'm too picky about shoes looking big. :doh

Haha, so yes. I feel a little crazy, but the body is sooooooo beautiful. Every time I walk into the room and see the doll I'm just like, omg, he's so beautiful. So I can completely understand how you keep coming back to them...and giving up on them...and also coming back to them. I wish you luck in your doll decision! :hug:

15. Sorry to pop in here with a question, but is anyone with the Dollstown 18 years female body able to measure the top of the torso piece, just under the bust/chest piece (so the underbust measurement). I have the Dollstown 17 female, but not the Dollstown 18.

16. @americanseamstress, sorry can't help right now but what a lovely kitty! :)

@Lady Ravenswood I know what you mean about loving the floppiness but I actually found the sheer weight of the 18 body still causes it to fall into quite natural poses despite the wire! It's totally wilful, the wire just gave it enough support for the joints to be able to do their job. Obviously it also requires thicker elastic too, but I'm sure you probably already did that....and sueded the hell out of all his joints. Honestly we must be mad, but as you say, just so breathtakingly beautiful they are well worth the effort! I will no doubt cave and order soon ;)

17. @vonbonbon no worries! His name is Reedy and he is a sweetheart!

18. Awww, lovin' Reedy! :love:love:love

19. Sorry, I don't have an 18 girl either. I hope someone can answer your question soon! :3nodding:

@vonbonbon
      I haven't actually had a chance to do anything to the body yet. I was going to use it for a completely different head (a blank Nabarro Kalan that I haven't pinned down exactly what I want to do with yet)...and was avoiding putting the head that has now claimed it on there because I was afraid it would look marvelous. :lol:
      So he's just laying down in the position that seems least likely to damage anything while I can still enjoy looking at him. Hehe.
      I'm going to have to take it apart to blush at least the top torso part, so I'm trying to wait to do things at once...or in order...or something. It's hard for me to mess with the elastics too much anymore because my shoulders are dead.

Hehe, you'll have to tell us when you make the order! And who the lucky girl(s) are! ;)