1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. I've never done a try-on of most of the shoes I have on this body before, because most of them aren't compatible with Peggy's 1920's30's styling.

As it happens I have a number of shoes and boots that fit the Elf body, but most of them are unmarked and I have no idea what company made them or where I bought them. Some were bougth second hadn at meets some were bought secon hand online, some from ebay and some from companies, but I don't remeembr the details for a lot of them.

Teddy

Teddy

2. Thank you @Teddy. That's really helpful, she's such a skinny one that she's becoming problematic. I think commissioning clothes maybe the way to go here my girls a gawky, quirky mid teenager, with a bit of needy chic. Shoes wise, I'm looking for brogues or loafers, that she can wear preferably with socks - ha ha not asking for much

3. Whew! It's been a while since there was any activity in this thread, haha. So! I'm planning on giving my new girl an Elf body and I had a question about shoes. I read back into this thread and saw the NineStyle MSD sandals mentioned. Has anyone tried any of the other MSD shoes from NineStyle? I've definitely got my eye on a few different pairs, but I was curious if anyone else had tried them out. Are they all a similar enough size that they'd all fit? :)

EDIT: Also! Can anyone provide a foot width measurement?

#223 dizii, Mar 19, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    4. I haven't been up to measure my elf girl's foot length dizii, but Dollheart MSD shoes seem to fit her feet. I have a few pairs that work very well.

5. The elf foot measures 63 mm by 27 mm (2.5 x 1 1/8 inches). Hope that helps.

6. Oh no!! The Nine9Style shoes are sold out, and I think they're discontinuing their services. I should have bought the shoes I had been eyeing while I had the chance. :doh

@theresa 226 I can't seem to find anything from Dollheart that fits the style I'm looking for, at least not on Mint on Card. Whenever I try to visit the Dollheart website, I get redirected to some other random website. Not sure why that is. :ablink: However, I appreciate the suggestion!

@Xiaoli Thank you so much for the measurements! This will help me TONS while shopping!! :3nodding::aheartbea

7. Hey all! ^^
      Today I played around with my DT Soyu head (for which I still haven't gotten the elf body) and for fun, I tried her on the Soom iMDa body which is also 52cm. The turnout was quite adorable, and the proportions really good! Now I'm really motivated to work on my Soyu whom I've kind of neglected since her arrival (apart from her faceup, she's gotten no love whatsoever é_è)

I think the iMda 5.2 body would be a good hybrid option for a fresh skin DT elf girl. Here is the result, pictures are NSFW!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. That looks like a great option! I like your faceup too!

9. Wow that is a good choice!

10. Oh the proportions are perfect!

Teddy

11. Well that works so well....thank you for the information

12. Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but what shoes do you guys normally put on these girls?

13. Wow, there hasn't been any activity on this thread for a while!

I've just placed a layaway order for a Soyu in pale tan. Unlike most, mine will be a boy :) My D&D character is a trans man in a setting where surgery is not an option, so I plan on making a little binder for him. The elf body has such small breasts that I don't expect them to show under a shirt and jacket. Has anyone else used the elf body as a boy? Also, has anyone had any luck with purchasing clothing, or does it generally have to be commissioned? I'll probably end up commissioning his outfit in any case as I want it to match my drawings of my character and I'm not talented enough to do it myself, but it'd be good to know if any basics could be purchased.

14. Clothes for Azone 48/50cm dolls seem to work, in my experience. Anything else I've had to have commissioned.

15. @solitary agent I can confirm that this body barely has breasts at all. You'll have no trouble wether you use a binder or not. ^^ As to fit, if you want things actually fitted, then commissioning is your best bet. Otherwise, androgynous/masculine sd9/10 'girl' clothes aren't bad at all, and zaoll clothes work. I imagine you could piece together some stuff for your guy.

Here's my Dandelion/Elf hybrid. Gotta say, the elf body made me love her even more. <3 It's so well-designed!

16. She's lovely! It really is such an elegant body, I can't wait to see it in person. It's good to know about the clothes! I have some SD10 stuff that might work until I can get something custom made.

17. Thanks! And glad to help. ^^ My girl is in SD/13 stuff with very little awkwardness so it can for sure be done. ^^

18. Question for anyone with a Soyu - what wig size works best? The site says the head is 8.2 inches so I'm wondering if an 8/9 would be too big.

19. [​IMG]

My boy has arrived! I really love the body and how beautifully the legs can pose thanks to those little curved areas on the back of the thighs. The pale tan resin is very pretty as well. It'll be a while before he gets his permanent faceup since the artist is out of the country until September, but I may give him something temporary in the meantime.

20. I love the tan! Can I ask how long your wait was for your boy? I ordered a body in oriental and am trying to figure out how long I might have to wait. Thanks!