1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. I paid him off in late March, so not a long wait at all! :)

2. I have a Dollstown Soph B on the old elf body (arms are single jointed) :

[​IMG]

She is my oldest doll. She will be 10 years old this year !

3. Good to know! I ordered a 18 yr old body mid-April, so I shouldn't have as long a wait as I had anticipated. I figured it would be best just to assume it would take 5 months or so, and then I could be thrilled if it came earlier. :)

4. @Follow-the-Wind - your girl has such unique styling! And I love that resin color.

And speaking of resin colors, I have a question! I just received a Bimong Dandelion head in normal skin, which I would eventually like to hybrid with a Dollstown Elf body. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned a DT Elf body in Oriental with a Bimong Normal Skin head, so I just wanted to confirm that this is a good match.

I personally have on hand a Black Cherry Aishat in Normal (which is reported to be really close to Dollshe/Dollstown Fresh), and it is only a little bit lighter and a tiny bit pinker than the NS Dandelion head. So I'm not sure if Oriental might be dark.

I might also buy a Pinky white Dandelion head in the current preorder. If I like that color better, I'll probably order the DT body in a matching color. Maybe Pale?

Also, there any Dollstown annual events that I should be aware of? Like a summer sale, fall sale, etc.?

Thank you in advance!

5. There's not a huge amount of colour difference between DTOriental and DTFresh skin. Sometimes people have trouble telling which is which. Oriental is just a teensy bit darker. It's a good match for any number of other company "Normal" skins, including Volks, Ninodoll, and AiL.

I can't vouch for the colour match with Bimong Normal skin as my Narae isn't Normalskin, but from what I've seen, I imagine it would be close.

Teddy

6. Thank you @Teddy! I appreciate that information.

7. I decided since Dollstown was going to discontinue so many of their heads, I better make sure I am not going to regret not getting one or two. After a couple of days I g an email from Dollstown that they would not only be shipping my two heads soon but my new girl, the Halley head on the elf body. Can't wait to see how this is going to work out.

8. Congratulations! Parker looks wonderful, a very unique face.

I'm so glad Dollstown is not discontinuing any bodies. I would really like an Elf Body for my Bimong Dandelion head, but I need to save for it after buying other dolls.

Are you familiar with the Elf body already? Halley on that body sounds really interesting!

9. I have had both versions of the elf body and have tried several heads on them Parker's head is around 8.2 inches and Halley is 8.4 inches, so not that much bigger. Plus if they have elongated heads over round it works better. Her head is to small for the 13 year girl body so I am putting on elf body and having her wear a layered look in clothing.

10. Sounds like a good plan! 8.2" vs. 8.4" doesn't seem that different.

One of my favorite things about the Elf body is the hands. I also love the collarbones (but all the Dollstown girls have lovely collarbones).

11. For sure the hands are wonderful. I was going to hybrid my boys onto Doll Leaves bodies, but the hands look so baby like. Of course I could add DT 7 Yr hands, but if the resin is not a perfect match having hands different is more a issue then the head.

12. Yes, hands should match!

One thing I like about the Dollstown hands is that they flow gracefully into the ball joint, so you have the impression of an elegant wrist. It always bugs me when the ball joint design of some dolls make the wrist blocky or bulgy instead of natural.

The only thing that I'm hesitant about with the Elf body is the jointing in the torso. It seems rather odd to only have a lower hip joint and no bust joint. It allows for a very attractive continuity of the torso shape, but it seems like it would make the torso posing a bit stiff. What do you think?

Other than that, I have heard the body is a very good poser. I love that she can sit on the backs of her legs and I believe she can (at least somewhat) bring her knees to her chest.

13. I found with the changes in bodies, it has allowed the dolls to sit straighter. Not that it was a big deal to me, but I do wish at times the bodies, torsos would have more possibility.

14. Thank you for that impression. I guess I'll find out what I think when I eventually buy one for my Dandelion.

15. Looks amazingly real. I can see that bit of sorry in those eyes and the pouty lips. More expressive than some humans :XD:

16. I keep forgetting to post Fiona here. ^^; The elf body is possibly my favorite body ever. <3

[​IMG]

17. My new girl is home. She still needs to be faced up, but I had to take photos to show that the new Halley head by Torre works quite well on the Elf Body. It's not that much bigger then the Jun head and it has a great range of motion due to the gap which isn't a big deal to me.

[​IMG]Meet Katsumi by Marie, on Flickr

To see more here is link to album. Her face up and better fitting eyes will be awhile.
      Meet Kitsumi

18. Congrats! And, Welcome Kitsumi!

Teddy

19. Thanks @Teddy I wasn't sure if head would work so was prepared to sell head and keep looking, but so glad she does work.