1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. Glad this one worked for you then. I've had exactly that issue with a Baby Delf body - I've been through so many heads and none of them work.

Teddy

2. @Teddy I know that feeling. I do hope you can make it work soon.

3. I think she looks great, @animemom! Having a wider range of neck motion is really nice. You chose a cute name, too.

4. Thank you. I was almost going to name all my Dollstown kids with k names, but felt better to name only four, the other two will have names I loved from past.

5. I’d like to share one of the new dresses I finished recently for my Wren (Dollstown Elf Soyu).
      I found a pattern on etsy and scaled it for the DT Elf body. The fabric is batiste with
      Swiss embroidered fabric as the petticoat. I ended up making three variations on this
      pattern as I thought it turned out so sweet!

My beautiful Wren was painted by @Jay ; she has custom green Gumdrops as eyes;
      and a Monique Gold wig.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the second DT Elf dress that I made - slightly different tweak to the first.
      Dollstown17 Byula stands with Wren, wearing a Regency gown I recently made with
      fine, sheer Swiss batiste in pale blush tone.

http://periodthreads.com/ztemp/dolls-2018/WrenByula1.jpg

6. Your DT girls are beautiful in the dresses you made. I've made a lot of baby clothes out of swiss batiste, and it really spoils you for working with other fabric. You did a lovely job with it.

7. @Robyn_in_WA your girls are stunning, and your fashions you create are mind blowing. I just hope one day one of my girls can get something by you. Of course it would help if I stopped adding and subtracting here.

8. Lovely - as are the others you linked to.

Teddy

9. Thank you @ajgood ! I absolutely love working with batistes! It’s such a great weight for the
      dolls and, as you said, it is delightful to work with!

Thanks *so* much @animemom for your amazing compliment!!!! :) You really made my day!!!
      I really love making things for the DT Elf - these dolls are so fun to handle! A really great size.

Thank you @Teddy for your compliment!! Thanks for looking at the link too!

10. Lovely work @Robyn_in_WA! I'm hunting batistes myself at the moment. It's really the perfect weight. <3

My hybrid got a makeover, and I'm finally done with her. Still amazed at how versatile the elf body is.

[​IMG]

11. Absolutely beautiful

Teddy

12. Just sharing my new girl...…….Maru on the Elf body. Painted by Lyn Raftis, Dollbakery Sprite eyes. Gown by Period Threads
      [​IMG]Red and Green by wizgerg3, on Flickr

13. All these beautiful girls. Congrats @rianne and @JinCIncy I do hope my girl ships quickly. So excited about this beauty from Russia.

14. Another lovely redhead.

Teddy

15. Thank you @Teddy and @animemom! I am enjoying my new girl and playing with different wigs and hair colors for her.
      I have a lemon blonde wig that never really suited anyone else that I find I like quite a bit on Maddie as well.
      [​IMG]A Sprinkling of Freckles by wizgerg3, on Flickr

16. She looks fantastic in the wig @JinCIncy beautiful girl.

17. Since Parker got to stay I decided to take advantage of the comfortable weather and take her outside for photos. Will be glad when it gets even color, can take advantage of the temps to do some more photos that take a lot of time to set up.
      But for now enjoy Parker among the garden flowers.
      [​IMG]Parker, the Girl who has my Heart by Marie, on Flickr

18. Thank you @rianne ! I used to get batiste from MarthaPullen’s web site - but they no longer
      sell fabrics, sadly.

*Love* your Maddie @JinCIncy !! She’s especially lovely with the blond wig! She looks
      so very sweet as a blond! Love her as a redhead tho too! What a wonderful new gal!!

19. JinCIancy , I much love that lemon blonde wig on your girl, it's stunning with her coloring and her eyes :aheartbea:aheartbea

Parker is a girl after my own heart, love her coloring, she's the prettiest flower there :daisy

I finally have my Seola on an elf body, she has grown up and needed an "older girl" body. Now to make her clothes, RL is too busy , but one day.

Her face and hair are done though. It's a start :)

20. All the new photos are beautiful! I sure love the way Dollstown sculpts the neck and collar bones.

How is the shoe situation for the elf body?

All the dolls I like seem to have odd-shaped feet, but I'm hoping there are some good options (particularly for Victorian-style boots and detailed heels/flats). Pardon me if I've asked here about shoes before!