1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. @StellaMarigold I find eBay is the best way to find shoes. Since Elf body doesn't have high heel feet yet, I look at SD shoes. That way foot has room to go at angle, and room for stockings, you never want bare feet in dark shoes especially. Just go with sellers who give measurements, even if outside ones just subtract at least 1/2 a cm to a full cm in both width and length. If you don't feel 100% good about the quality or size, just keep looking. Sometimes Val Zitner or Zinmer sorry can't recall how to spell her name. Sometimes her shoes come up on eBay. They aren't cheap, but they hold their value, also Dollheart shoes are a great find second hand. Good luck.

2. Thank you @animemom! I appreciate all the help.

I wish that I loved a sculpt who wears SD16-size shoes, since I have seen so many pretty options for that size. Maybe someday, though!

3. Thank you to all the DoA members who have written on here their experience with the Dollstown Elf body. I finally ordered her with a Maru in oriental skin. I am hoping they will send her along this coming week. I have many MSD Kaye Wiggs sized clothes. Does anyone know if that size might work on the Dollstown Elf body by chance? I would think that as long as it is a longer skirt or dress; it might work...

4. @StellaMarigold It's a bit hit or miss, but I use MSD shoes for Fiona. You have to err on the side of shoes made for the actual volks body, and checking measurements is vital, but it's worked well for me. Shoes made for bluefairy TF or smaller will be too small (but only just, that's how small these feet are). MarbleMoon on Etsy can also custom-make shoes for you.

@RacerGT You'll want to check measurements. The elf body is small through the waist, hips, and legs, but she's still definitely a 1/3 doll. I've had good luck using skirts made for Iplehouse's minis (regular, not fashion), things for zaoll, and non-fitted items made for the original volks SD size.

Some Fiona spam.

[​IMG]

5. Much as I'm a fan of redheads - that wig does look very good on her.

Well she looks perfectly at home with the summer weather

Fingers crossed you'll find the time soon.

The elf bosy feet are small for the size of the doll so often she can fit in the larger MSD size shoes and some SD zied ones are a bit on the large side. Good hunting finding shoes that fit her in styles you like - if you have other dolls in MSD and SD size, try their shoes on her to give you an idea of which companies do sheos that will fit her.

They should work OK except for coming up shorter on the Elf body than they would on an MSD size body.

DT7Year year bodies can share clothes with the Kaye Wiggs MSD sized dolls and my DT7Year has modelled clothes made for the elf body (they were just longer on the DT7Year body) with no problems.

Teddy

6. Thank you so much for the detailed information Teddy!!!

7. Thank you @Teddy and @rianne for the shoe information!

Rianne, when you say "the actual volks body" do you mean there is a Volks "SD" body (as opposed to SD13, SD16, etc.)? I'm not very familiar with Volks.

Too bad the Bluefairy Tiny Fairy shoes won't work, since I'll be looking into them for my Narae when she comes in (but on the other hand, I want them to fit the Narae perfectly, so it's okay).

I'll just experiment with shoes, and I'll definitely post here if I have success with anything particular.

8. I can share what I have found that fits, and who sold them and where.

9. @StellaMarigold I simply meant that when I say MSD/SD I'm using them I the strictly correct Volks-specific sense, not the general sense. The SD body is often also called SD9/10: it's the original size, and smaller than 13/gr/16/etc. That's really beside the point though. For shoe-hunting purposes, even the smallest SD shoe does look oversize on the elf body. It's fine if you're ok with that; I'm just a stickler for scale. Shoes made for a Volks MSD (so most MSD shoes) tend to fit fine. I even got a pair of Bluefairy TF flats on Fiona once (it was a wrestling match lol), and they're much smaller. The MSD sneakers Fi is in a lot of the time are actually roomy enough for thick socks! These are MSD sneakers (sorry for the messy getup XD).

10. I ordered some heeled boots, SD size inside 7.2 cm and width 2.5 cm Off of ebay, and will report when they arrive if they are horrendously big on Elf feet , or doable :)
      I started sketching and cutting out some pattern pieces. Slow going, but it's a start. I need hemtape/seambinding though as it's velvet, so am awaiting the right color hug snug in the mail now.

11. Ah, I see! Thank you so much for all these details! I'm sorry for my ignorance - the Volks sizes confuse me a bit, since there seem to be so many of them (not to mention the differences between classic MSD and slim MSD, etc.). I am, unfortunately, also a stickler for scale :) so I'll be looking for a very close fit.

Your Fiona's sneakers look really cute on her (and that's a great photo, even if all three look a little awkward, like they're uncomfortable with one of them missing a head lol).

12. [​IMG]

My boy is still waiting for his faceup since the artist I'm sending him to isn't back from vacation until September, but in the meantime I've painted his prosthetic hand. Next I need to make a cuff for it out of sculpey. He's my D&D character and lost a hand in our third session, but he can control his prosthetic using magic so he's not too badly off :)

13. Looks cool.

Teddy

14. @StellaMarigold Haha! They're all in an awkward phase in that photo somehow, aren't they? XD Glad to help. I'm going to be doing some reference photos this weekend, so I'll do some proper photos of Fi in different shoe sizes if you like.

@solitary agent Wonderful job! Such a cool and minimalist way to do a prosthetic.

15. @rianne - I would love to see different shoe sizes, but I feel like I'm constantly asking you questions :blush, so don't worry if you don't get to them!

16. @StellaMarigold It's really no trouble. I have a long-term project involving high quality reference pages, so this just gives me ideas. ^^ If anyone else needs to see something with the elf body, let me know. I'll see if I can oblige.

17. Me too! I always say, "look at those clavicles" when I show them to someone who hasn't seen a DT. :3nodding:

18. Solitary agent , that's one amazing hand! Ha, and ajgood, even in my sewing choices I make sure to make a neckline that shows those clavicles off!:sumomo:

19. I can see why. She is just beautiful. Such a serene expression.