1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. I promise I will get my photos by Friday. Internet hasn't been very reliable.

2. Thank you for the wonderful photos and descriptions, @rianne! She has such cute feet!

So I will keep an eye out for slimmer and more delicate-looking SD16 boots and heels like these black ones (which look very nice with socks). Also, Volks MSD shoes.

Thank you again!

3. This is a double post, but the last time I said anything was Tuesday, so I figure this is okay!

Does anyone think these jointed hands will fit on the Elf body?

Jointed Hands,Doll Legend - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections

The length of the hand (including the wrist ball) is 5.5cm, and the wrist ball is 1.3cm (I think measuring across, not the circumference).

The Dollstown website measures the Elf hands at 5cm, but I don't know if that is the whole hand + joint length, or just the hand, etc.

I was also looking at Resinsoul 1/4 hands (5.2cm):
      RESINSOUL--Hand-03

If you think either of these jointed hands will be too big, does anyone have another suggestion?

Thank you!

4. @StellaMarigold Personally I would go with the Doll Legend ones. They gave you measurements and all though a tad to big it isn't that big of a deal. A bit of sanding here and there plus the right blushing. Man I would love to get a pair for my girl to have, but not a good time.
      Please if you do get them let me know how long they took as well as how they worked for her.
      Oh I see they are from AC, I just got last month a pair of hands that were by Doll Leaves from them. Not happy, as paler then I expected and they took 3 months! So be aware NS for them could be paler then a NS doll you have.

5. OK I took photos of the boots and shoes my 2 soon to be 3 Elf Body girls can wear. Some are MSD and some SD. I can only share one photo, but will provide link to album for viewing the other photos. I will be adding to album what other footwear fits other DT kids.
      [​IMG]Footwear for Dollstown Elf Body by Marie, on Flickr

Footwear For Dolls

6. Thank you @animemom!

Whenever I get them (it will be a while) I will definitely post photos to show how they fit! I would rather start with the Doll Legend hands, even though they are a lot more expensive, because I've heard great things about them.

Thanks for the warning on the colors. The Doll Legend NS does seem a bit pale, but Bimong NS (paired with Dollstown Oriental as recommended) isn't very dark either. I'll definitely want to blush her hands, so paler is probably better than too dark.
      comparative photos of resin

Edited to add: the only alternative to Normal Pink is Normal Yellow, but that seems so much darker. I know that Oriental (if similar to Fresh, only darker) is more yellow than pink, though. Hmm!
      BJD jointed hands comparision

And thank you very much for the shoe information! I love those pink floral sneakers :) They look just like these sold on Alice's Collections, which I have kept an eye on for a while (I think they are the same shoe, they are just $19 on AC and $23 on Denver Doll).
      Shoes for BJD Dolls - BJD Accessories, Dolls - Alice's Collections

7. Oh, right! I was writing late at night, and didn't bother to think of a better word. :XD: Either way, I like them a lot.

8. I finished Seola's suit, and also wanted to let you all know that the shoes I ordered for her from ebay, the high heeled SD boots, fit het very nicely and do not look oversized due to their height, in my personal opinion.
      I'll try and post a link for them next.

[​IMG]clown 3 s by Sasja, on Flickr

[PF] 48#blue Flowers 1/3 SD DZ BJD Dollfie High Heel Cuff Boots/shoes 7.5cm | eBay
      another pair I ordered, same seller :) and the pink flowery boots as well. All three pairs fit her nicely.

9. She looks adorable. Will take a look at the shoes, but I think my two girls already have plenty.

10. Oh, that's another pair I've had my eye on! They look great in that photo, and her whole outfit is extremely cute. Thank you for sharing!

11. Absolutely adorable!!!

Teddy

12. Well the plan was save for the 3 bodies I needed for 3 floating heads that will be here by Christmas, but not all plans work. I saw this morning a girl who was mine for a bit, her body a bit longer. I was sure I sold it to a woman in France, but nope. Right here in USA and to a friend, who decided she needed to be sold. The girl will be here by Thursday. :lol: So back to square one on getting those 3 bodies.

Here is my returning girl, since her name was reshelled to another, she will be called Kisa.
      [​IMG]Cedar Falls by Marie, on Flickr

#314 animemom, Aug 20, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    13. Oh my! Lol - plans change in crazy ways, don't they?

I'm still going a bit nuts trying to search out shoes for the Elf body. This is complicated for me by the fact that the same shoes I like for my DT hybrid doll are also those I like for a smaller version of the same character, but it's not easy to buy two pairs in different sizes! At least I only spend money on dolls and shoes - I don't buy wigs or clothes (except knitted items, since I can't knit). :)

Also, some happy news - I bought a pair of Resinsoul 1/4 jointed female hands from the marketplace since they in the US and I could avoid international shipping. I don't have a DT body yet, but I can compare them to the Bimong Dandelion head which will eventually go with that body! If they don't look right, the next pair to try are the Doll Legend hands.

I'll be sure to post photos!

14. Good luck with hands. If the ones I had were just a tad smaller would use on my DT girl so she could hold a camera better. But I guess the hot water treatment will have to do.
      Yes @StellaMarigold please share photos of skin comparison.

15. I love that story, Animemom, congratulations on a happy home coming! Yes StellaMarigold, I'll be curious too to see those hands!

16. The hands are on their way, @animemom and @tanjalalie! I'll make sure to post photos.

I'm very curious about the resin color, since the seller says it is too pale to match their Iplehouse Normal (a few years old, and these hands are apparently very new). I have examples of Dollshe Fresh, IH White, Black Cherry Normal and White, Argodoll Normal pink, and (of course) Bimong Normal. So I'll compare it to all of them. I'm hoping that since it is pale it will match Bimong's pale normal really well, and I already know that most people use DT Oriental bodies for the Bimong Dandelion NS head, so...here's hoping everything goes together well.

We'll see! Hybriding is fun and also torture sometimes :)

17. For sure, I will have 3 Elf body girls with only one having a DT head. Black Cherry Xiao Yu on one body and Irrealdoll Ringo is on other. It's a good thing the other 6 others are all full DT, & just 1 more hybrid but I just had to get that head.

18. The Resinsoul 1/4 Female Jointed hands arrived!

They are beautiful - I don't have photos yet, but I will get some later today. They are delicate and have a strong grip (although I'll wire them for better posing as they are quite snappy now).

So here is the verdict:

RESIN MATCH
      The hands, which are new, are very pale pink - it is a really natural color, probably my favorite resin color I've seen so far.
      The match is very close to Dollshe Fresh (brand new). The Fresh is slightly more yellow and the Resinsoul is more pink, but with a little blushing I don't think much difference would be visible.
      Bimong Normal is just a shade darker than Resinsoul Normal - it's probably the difference between Oriental (which the head is supposed to match) and Fresh.
      Black Cherry Normal (also new) is a PERFECT match for Resinsoul Normal. The colors are indistinguishable to my eye.

HYBRIDING MATCH
      I bought them for my Bimong Dandelion head, which will eventually get a DT Elf body. I think they are a bit small for her, but I still love them. I'm not above using camera tricks to make them look more in proportion.

I will try the Doll Legend hands in the future, since judging by these measurements I think those will be the perfect size.