1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

2. I had the head of Xiao Yu on the Elf Body but it just didn't work for me. It does work for others, so it's all a personal preference. But be ready to get a fluffy wig as that seems to help make the head more balanced with the body.

3. Oh did you ever post any Pictures of it to Instagram or facebook? I wish i could see . i need to find good pictures of both and what bodys people used. I hate to buy the body and feel the same way.

4. [​IMG]Black Cherry Xiau Yu by Marie, on Flickr
      Like I said it's all a matter of preference. Her hands look big and her body is to big for the 6-7 wig head. She might look better on a Minifee.

5. I rather like the proportions with that size of head, but then I have rather a small head on my Elf body, so....
      [​IMG]

Teddy

6. I've repainted my DIM Annabeth (which is on Dollstown elf body)
      And she has a new wig as well

[​IMG]

7. A while ago I promised some of the newer elf pictures - so finally here goes
      This is my Luna
      [​IMG]Face/eye test by Martha David, on Flickr

8. Last is my Dami - she is my little albino girl - I'm still working on her eye color. I appreciate any thoughts - darker or lighter.
      [​IMG]Face/eye test by Martha David, on Flickr

9. Great photos everyone! I especially like @peregrina's DIM Annabeth on the elf body.

So glad to see a Luna, as she is the one I ordered. (Thanks, @Xiaoli!) I'm still debating whether to go natural or glam with her face-up. It looks like I'll have plenty of time to decide. Even though the sales page said In Stock, my girl still has not shipped. I suspect they're casting a new one--not that I'm complaining. It's way too cold here at the moment for resin arrivals.

10. Beautiful job!

11. Everyone's girls look lovely. I opted to add another Elf girl here as friend had her for sale and body will be coming here from Dollstown anyway due to GO we did together. I have a Soph B head with a face up by Nightshade. I was thinking maybe I should put her on my tattooed elf body since it's an older body. So the other girl who's more a teenager would be better on the new body when it arrives. Anyway photos soon.

12. Lovely result.

The short blonde wig makes herm look so different

I'd say lighter works best.

I took Peggy (RML K-01 on the DT-Elf body) in to work with me the other day. Here she is on the doll-shelf I've put up above my desk:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

#415 Teddy, Feb 1, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    13. She looks adorable @Teddy I envy you can take your girls to work. I don't work haven't in over twenty years, but when I did it was fast food restaurants or my favorite was child care in my home. But soon my granddaughter will start kindergarten and she and I can play every day when she is either waiting to go to school or waiting to go home. I am hoping she gets morning kindergarten so grandma can be ready and awake. Lol.

14. I'm lucky that I don't deal with "The Public" in my work (nor indeed with "The Students" since I work at a University) so it's only my colleagues (open plan office) who have access to our desk area. I'm evne luckier that I've been able to have a shelf above my desk since our most recent move - before that the dolls and bears I brought in each day had to find space on my overcrowded desk.

Fingers crossed for that then!

I envy that you don't work so (potentially) have more dolly-play time available. Poor Peggy (my only one on the Dollstown Elf body, and a different size from all my other BJD) is still waiting for a dress to be finished that I started sewing for her over a year ago. Some- day I'll finish it, but time and energy is limited.

Teddy

15. I thought I could swap the girls bodies, giving my new girl the tattooed body and have Tohru take the newer one, but I forgot Tohru is fresh skin and Mirisha is oriental skin. Oh well guess best Mirisha needs her own tattoos as she's never been to Disney World.

16. Poop! Bad luck.

But at least they still work the other way around.

I have a Ninodoll Shampoo head that would need a DT elf body - I don't really have space for another BJD in the larger size range though, so should really make up my mind about selling on the head or saving up for an elf body and biting the bullet about finding some space to squeeze a new girl in...

Teddy

17. Guess it depends on how much you love the head, I know I am keeping a head if I come up with a name and personality.