1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. Unfortunately it's a head I really really like... Which is why I've been reluctant to sell it on even thoguth I keep telling myself I don't need another doll of this size.

Teddy

2. Can it share a body with another head?

3. I tried the body-share thing years ago and all it meant was one head languished in a box because I never got around to changing them over.

Teddy

4. I am sorry. Hopefully you can find either a great deal on body, I hear Zaol ones from Dollmore work.

5. Dollmore don't sell them seperately, only the whole doll, but thanks.

Teddy

6. Okay I didn't know that. Take care @Teddy

7. My Dandelion Elf hybrid finally got some camera time this week.

[​IMG]

8. She really is the most stunning doll.

Teddy

9. @rianne - I love the Dandelion head on this body.:loveThey look like they were made for each other.

10. @peregrina, that is a beautiful girl...I like the DIM sculpts and they seem to go really well with the elf body, plus the colour match is really good! Is that Oriental?

@Xiaoli, what lovely girls!

@rianne *gasp* she is really lovely!!

@Teddy, well you know how much I love Peggy...

And to add to the elf body spam, here's my Ariadne (elf body and Arin head in freshskin with a faceup by Jay Searle)
      [​IMG]

11. I recognize that sand - that's the beach at Harlech!

Teddy

12. Sure is! Well spotted!

I'm still stunned at how that whole roll of pictures were so good when most of mine are usually pretty dire...

13. Location, location, location...?

I got some pretty good pictures on that trip myself, even if the beach did come over all dull and overcast when we tried for pictures there andf some of them were inside instead
      [​IMG]

Teddy

14. @Teddy - what an adorable photo!!!
      The Bimong Dandelion looks interesting - is the head going to be available again?

Sharing a triptych of Dollstown Elf Soyu! still can’t believe Soyu is being discontinued....
      they were painted by @Jay with Gumdrops urethane eyes.
      Wren wears a red/gold Amadiz wig, Fawn a blond Monique Gold. I made their dresses.

[​IMG]

15. @rianne Your dandelion is beautiful!

A quick picture of my Soph B on old elf body:
      [​IMG]

16. @Alice80 thank you! I'm so jealous of beach shots haha. Such a good natural backdrop.

@Follow-the-Wind Thank you! Your soph b never fails to amaze me <3

17. My Maru on the Elf body...…………….she's the Realpuki whisperer...………...all the wee ones love her.
      [​IMG]The Realpuki Whisperer by wizgerg3, on Flickr

18. You've styled them beautifully.

So many of the heads are being discontinued. It looks like only one Elf head, one 7Year head, and one five year head will be left after the others are discontinued.

That's an evocative look she has going on.

What an adorable concept!

Teddy

19. @Follow-the-Wind wow! That's so striking...and an amazing concept! I actually love the old elf bodies...I'm not so much of a fan of the elbows on the new ones. I'd love to have Maru and Soyu, but it would have to be with the new bodies so I haven't so far...but now they're being discontinued, perhaps I had better think about expanding my DT grouping...

@JinCIncy Your Maru is utterly gorgeous...and reminding me of how much I love the sculpt. When the Maru head first came out, I remember discussion somewhere (could have been just me and a friend via email now I think about it! LOL) about whether the head was too small for the elf body...but I haven't seen any evidence of it, and your girl is beautiful! Who did her faceup?