1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Body Discussion - Part 2

May 21, 2015

1. Hi every one! I feel like a bit of stalker, I've been pouring over the elf DT thread all day today all the way back to the start lol.

I am wanting to find a daughter for my Loongsoul guy - he's fae, and in grey resin, and I have always wanted an excuse to get the elf body :P I am so stressing about comparisons though - I really can't find any of the smaller (elf on down) dollstowns dolls with non-dollstown larger SD sized dolls...or maybe I am just not recognizing it when I see it!? I've also considered the DT7..but like I said, I have really been looking for an excuse to get an elf body ;)

If any of you could help me if you yourself have a picture of something similar in size in your mix....or know of some photo some where that I've missed, I would greatly appreciate it! I woucld also love to see any grey DT dolls at all, I am probably going to get the Light Grey color. I think it is the same as dollshe color charts?

Thanks for all your help - and I've greatly enjoyed looking at all your beautiful dolls!

2. Hello raeyvn not sure if this is a help but just taken a quick photo for you of some of my girls, from the left Iple EIDW Doria, DIM Gayane on MSD size body, Granado Fayette head on Supia new SD body and finally DIM Anneliese head on the DT Elf body. Probably the MSD size is out of scale (though not too bad) but to my eyes anyway the Elf looks fine with the taller girls, she just looks younger which if you want her as a daughter is I assume what you are intending. I haven't seen any DT dolls in the grey, it is the same colour as the dollshe but all the ones so far have been normal skin colours. BTW went to Tulsa a few years ago, visited the State Fair and remember singing '24 hours from Tulsa' as we drove along the highway!

[​IMG]

3. Thank you so much for that photo that actually helps a TON. DT Elf might be a touch short but could work for sure. My guy is slightly taller then your EID girl. It definately helps me rule out some other options I was considering, and I really want to get this right.

Tulsa is a far ways off for you! lol hope you enjoyed the faire, you know I have never been? But I just moved to Tulsa about five years ago I guess. I keep meaning to go....but prefer to spend my monies on dolls and the ren faire in muskogee every summer ;)

***wait, lol I think I confused your listed sculpts ;) the dollstown Elf, is that the girl in the pretty blue sweater?? I'm sorry it's super late for me and I just had back surgery last week and well, all the accompanying pain meds afterwards lol***

4. Hi again, yes the Elf is in the blue sweater, she has a DIM head so not one of the DT ones.

5. Oh yay! Thats actually the perfect height! Gosh, I think I am going to have a DT Elf showing up for Christmas :P

Most likely I am going to get Soyu. The *only* thing I do not care for in her sculpt is the heavy outer eyelid/brow if that makes sense. It seems like it should be a fairly simple mod to open up the eyelid area a bit, if I am thinking of it right? I say simple...not that I would ever attempt it - I prefer to see face up's used to distract from any feature I don't like lol. I actually think if her brows could be made to match the eyes - in that...pleading puss in boots sort of way, it would totally grow on me.

I am getting so excited - I had given up all hope of finding another grey skinned doll to pair with my Asher in any way. She'll be lighter toned, but I think that will be more feminine. Any ways, I just wanted to thank every one who may or may not still read this thread that was so forthcoming with things like clothing fit etc - it is so helpful especially to people who are still fairly new in the hobby like I am :)

6. Yes the DIM head I have on the DT body had a heavy brow and the face-up artist was able to mod it (not that I had really noticed but she wanted to do it) so it can be done fairly easily by someone who knows what they are doing.

7. well whatever they did I love her expression! I wish I didn't have to have grey skin or I would look for another comp head, but her "father" is grey skinned so would at least like that to match. I have about three more weeks before I go back to work and then I will be placing my first down payment. Does any one know if DT starts making the doll right away with layaway, or waits until after you have completed payment?

8. I finally took my girl out for pictures today. She is waiting by the mail box for her sister :)

[​IMG]

9. A lovely girl and a lovely picture of her

I hope she doesn't have a long wait for her sister.

Teddy

10. So pretty! and very patient. love the photo.

11. Gosh she is so pretty and I love that little ear peep.

12. Oh she is so pretty! Love her dress!

13. Thank you Teddy, theresa, jane and dragonlovesdolls! Her sister is supposed to be here tomorrow. I am really looking forward to getting her.
      She is wearing a dress sized for Zaol and it is just a little snug --- I'd like to be able tofigure out something similar for hoiliday dresses for the girls, but it looks pretty complicated.

14. If you break it down into easy to digest sections it isn't that complicated - a three-part sleeveless bodice (1 back and 2 fronts, from what I can see in the picture), and a ruffled skirt - the base skirt is probably a rectangle of fabric gathered onto the bottom edge of the bodice, the ruffles are just long straight strips of fabric gathered onto that. The more layers of ruffles you add, the more complicated the finished dress looks.

I don't know your level of sewing skills, but just in case it might be of help, here's a link to a photo-tutorial I put together some time back for making sleeveless bodices (ppologies if it's stuff you already know):
      https://denofangels.com/threads/teddys-tips-on-making-a-sleeveless-bodice.457260/

Teddy

15. Thank you for the tutorial link, Teddy! It really helps visualize the steps.

Soyu came today, so I need to get something made for her to wear for her introduction.

16. I can't wait to see her!!!

17. I love Soyu sculpt Bajib. How great for you to have received her.

18. I'd like to share the new embroidered dress I made for my little Wren.
      She's also a Soyu sculpt. I am still SO happy with her new face - Jay painted
      her as well - so Wren and Fawn look just wonderful together now!!

Yes, it is a little late to be wearing such a lightweight dress - but - it only got
      finished a week ago (and I finally got the photos off of the camera just tonight).
      The dress is made of the finest imported Swiss batiste (100%cotton) with
      French laces as insertion, and pure silk ribbon as trim on the bodice. There
      are flowers embroidered between each pair of lace insertions. and a self
      ruffled hem.

[​IMG]

19. She could always wear it over a bodysuit, or a blouse and leggings or even over a long sleeved dress as a pinafore.

It's such beautiful work it would be a shame for her to have to wait until the weather warms up again for opportunities to wear it.

Teddy

20. Lovely dress Robyn. She looks perfectly happy in it, just can't go outside! I love your Soyu. she's beautiful.