1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Elf Io head by Torre

May 26, 2009

1. I think she could pass as a boy - obviously a bit of a feminine boy, but a boy nonetheless... actually I think the 2nd gallery pic that's posted looks pretty boyish ^_^
      I looooove this head! I might have to save up seperately for her, too - a disembodied head would be fun to practice a faceup on, plus she's gorgeous... those pouty lips, big nose and the eyeshape - everything about her face is to die for :D

2. Hey Redastor....:fangirl:

I do think IO would make a wonderful boy elf...:D.....as a matter of fact I'm seeing Legalos LOTR's character...just popped straight out of my head!..lol..

Ravendolls....I want to see those cute elf ears too! Why do they always cover them up??........Oh yes please, the 7 age in a 13 size, how perfect would that be for an elf body....have to 'demand'....one thing I do know is Dollstown alway listen to us....;) Remember we asked for tan MSD's....;)

Miss Ally......The 9inch heads look too out of proportion on the elf body...:(...I just tried it......so it's the 13 body for the time being......

xen :)

3. when the initial photos of the proposed Io headmold were shown, I immediately thought she was a boy... so yes, with the right face-up I do think she would make a wonderful boy.
      :)

4. Oh my....she is beautiful and I agree that there is something of Elysia and Susie in her features. I was planning for a tanskin Estella next, but I don't know now....Elysia just arrived home last week and still hasn't even got a face up yet and I'm already drooling over pics of IO........;)

She'd make a wonderful elf sister for my sprite (starts justifying another doll purchase)

xx

5. Ooooo I love her gallery pics, she is beautiful... can't wait to see the new arrivals :aheartbea

6. Yeah to IO Boy then:D Which begs the question of which body? What a wonderful love interest for Soph perhaps;).

7. I saw the first blank heads at the top of this very thread and thought "Boy", especially as elves are very often refined.:)

Now, who is this sculpt? ("I am myself," it says. oy:roll: elf all right.)
      He wants his more-or-less samurai outfit, with bow & horse.

Ann in CT

8. yeah Ann, he could be very Legalos. LOR fans please forgive me if I've spelled that wrong.
      gelfling, I want a dark tan Daisy. Or a Mui boy. Or this one. Decisions is murder.

9. I think Io will be my DT girl. I have been looking at the scuplts and thought about Soph B, but I think I like Io best. Such a calm face.

10. I went and ordered Io from Dollstown--I was highly confused at first, but figured out the website eventually, and got my answers back very fast. :D

I'll bet, for all that the head looked like a male to me at first, I'm going to get it home, and it will say "I am a girl and I need a Shiny Doll Thaasa body." If it does, it will be the second floating head to pull this trick on me.:roll:

The vaguely-samurai outfit, archery equipment, and horse I mentioned a few posts up stayed constant. I'm just no longer sure of the sex of this doll.

Ann in CT

11. The head has arrived, and a very beautiful head it is, too. Quite heavy, too, so it feels substantial.

And I have less idea now than earlier what sex body to put it on! The character that has built itself around this head is androgynous, in a long-hair-and-pseudo-samurai way.

I will continue to contemplate the head, and it, me.

Ann in CT