1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. I am looking forward to hearing what you think!

And I changed the eyes on Megan (one of my Ganga's) as I decided that I would like to try a smaller size eye in her.

[​IMG]

I think these are 14mm eyes as there is very slight gapping.
      But I am thrilled with the difference it makes to Megan, so she will be keeping this pair until I find something I might like better.

2. Oh, I think that eye size is perfect for Megan -- she looks so alert!

I finally finished Sophy's cardi, and I think it turned out reasonably well for a prototype:

[​IMG]

I'll fiddle with the sleeves on another go, but I'm pleased that the pattern sized down without any complications! The yarn is some ancient laceweight wool from KnitPicks, back when they weren't even naming their colors -- it's more stripey than I expected, but the tabby-cat effect has its own charm.

3. Jane, I love the new eyes in Megan!

Cynthia, I love the new cardi and I especially like the muted colors and the tabby striping!

4. They look good in her, but they do make her look older, to me at least.

Teddy

5. I've always heard for a younger look use a larger eye size or iris and for an older look use a smaller size/iris.

6. Very well, I'd say - the lace pattern is very nice indeed.

Teddy

7. Lilianna is home! The pictures make her faceup look more vibrant than it looks in person. It is mostly the blush, which could easily be remedied for Anneliese if I had the skill. hahahaha!

[​IMG]IMG_0209 by cinti_coleen, on Flickr

Anneliese is holding her Dr. Watson doll and Lilianna is holding Violet. Their chests unzip where they have their stuffed heart. Can also be a hiding place for super secret detective aids.

8. I do believe there is a wig change in the future for Lilianna. I tried switching the girls' wigs and I don't think the blonde wig is going to work.

[​IMG]IMG_0213 by cinti_coleen, on Flickr

9. Thank you so much for the thumbs up everyone about Megan's new eyes. I needed her to look older than Susie (my other Ganga) so the new ones work perfectly, especially as she looks so much more alive with them too.

And I love that cardi Cynthia....I hope Sophy is pleased with it! LOL!
      What would you like to change about the sleeves?

And huge congratulations Coleen *yippee* they both look fabulous!
      Now that you have them both home.....do you still think you will get Anneliese repainted?

10. I still plan to have a new faceup for Anneliese but I really just need her enhanced. Just like you needed Megan to look older; I need Anneliese to look older than Lilianna. Right now, Anneliese looks like she's afraid Lilianna will eat her for breakfast!

11. Hahahahaaa! But I see what you mean.
      It is going to be interesting watching you make the Deogi sculpt look older than the Amy5 one :kitty2

12. Yay!

I think they look good together. What sort of wig will you look for as a replacement - any ideas on colours and styles?

I see what you mean about their relative ages - Anneliese looks younger and more timid. Good luck with that.

Teddy

13. I really like Anneliese's faceup as it is, but I can see that it doesn't suit the characters you've already established for the two girls. :( I've known sisters whose faces didn't seem to match their ages, though -- in fact, one of my best friends and her baby sister (ten years younger) look exactly the opposite of their real age difference.

Oh, and @Jane, I just wish I had made the tabby-striped cardi's sleeves a few rows longer, that's all -- the ribbing wants to catch in Sophy's elbow joints. I've started a new one in a lovely pale-blue heathered yarn, so we'll see how it shapes up!

14. I like Anneliese's makeup palette; she just needs more blushing and I wanted more freckles for her. If I had ordered Lilianna in the same resin color as Anneliese I could just switch their heads. I did think of doing that but wanted the different skin color as I am fair and my sister is darker. More realism is what I was striving for.

The Amy5 head is a little larger than Deogi and she fills out the 7-8 wig a little better. I ordered the same wig, JPop Mory, as Anneliese, but in a darker auburn color.

Cynthia, I can't wait to see the new cardi you are working on. I really like the pale, muted colors you have used.

15. Ah! Now I see why you can't just switch the dolls around.
      Do they each have a different size body too? I am sorry I forgot what body size Lilanna came with.

16. I'm sorry Jane; I did answer your question but apparently forgot to hit the post button! Anneliese is on the 7yr body and Lilianna is on the 5yr body.

I am back on the road again right now, but I did decide to check DoA since I am in the hotel with nothing much to do. I see that AngelToast has opened her September slots so I just emailed her to get a spot for Anneliese.

I still haven't had much time for dolls since I am trying to finish things up around the house and I'm on the road now to pay for new hardwood flooring I want installed.

What has everyone else been up to?

17. No worries Coleen........well done on snagging that AngelToast face-up slot *yippee*

And I haven't done very much with dolls over the summer.......in fact I can't remember the last time I picked up one of my DT little girls *gasp* but real life has been just so busy!

18. Maru 7head release sale: New Doll - DollsTown 7yrs head "Maru" release sale
      I'm safe but she is a lovely sculpt.

I'm thrilled to have my Anneliese's faceup paid for. When I am finally back home on Monday I will get her head ready for shipping to AngelToast. It will be great to have both of my girls completed. Based upon the mature look of AngelToast's faceup I am thinking I may re-think the age of my girls. I was planning on making them 5 and 7 yrs as per their sculpt but they will be actually a little older. That will also work better as amateur sleuths!

19. Same here

Teddy

20. I love love love her (but I seem to say that about almost all of the sculpts! LOL!) but I think there is more than a hint of a smile with Maru.
      I also like that she has the slighly larger head too.

Thinking thinking again.......