1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. That is a really good starting point Martha.........have fun with your Robin :)

2. It's my Arin all over again - with that faceup, no matter what wig is put on you see a boy. Do you remember when I tried every wig I could get hold of on Arin and every picture was boy, boy, boy, boy-in-a-girly-wig, boy...

Teddy

3. Exactly!
      And amazingly enough it was the 'Arin episode' that came back to my mind so clearly as I looked at each photo on Flickr. I was just seeing a boy!
      And how many years have you had Arin now?
      It really was like a blast from the past

4. I bought his head second hand while I was minding Number-One and Number-Three Godsprog while their parents were in America. Number-Three Godsprog would have been about five at the time (it was around half-term of her first term at school, I think), and she's just turned fifteen this weekend, so I think I'll have had Arin ten years come October.

Although it took a while for the boy body to arrive from DollsTown (along with the Elf body I originally had Nettle on, and something of Alice's -possibly a 7Year girl...? - because we combined an order and it all arrived together at Alice's house).

Teddy

#444 Teddy, Aug 27, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    5. I guessed it was about 10 years too as I know I was still working when you were deciding if he was a boy or a girl.

What a fabulous parcel arrival that must have been too

6. I have always seen a boy with Arin and with Sia. Maru is a boy here, but I am sure others see girl more strongly.

7. If I remember correctly........I think Sia was originally sculpted to be the male counter-partner to the female Seola.
      Just random information there

But the face-up makes individual dolls into either male and female.....and that is the best part of these dolls isn't it.
      We can all have what we as an individual see.

8. I'm seeing boy now! Oh the power of suggestion!! :XD:

9. So much is in the faceup - I've seen so many Arins that couldn't be anything but girls, for example, but mine had to be a boy.

Teddy

10. She is up for sale with the 5 yo body - also on sale - starting the 28th

11. Excellent! The five year body is back!

EDITED TO ADD: Now I'm wondering if I should stock-up on a 5 year body while they're available (and at a sale price). If I get Oriental Skin that's the easiest to hybrid with another company's head (since most DT Mini sculpts arent' cheerful enough for my tastes)

And... how to raise the money for that if I go for it.

Teddy

#451 Teddy, Aug 28, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    12. How exciting!!!
      Get ordering those DT5 bodies if you want one because if the rumours are correct (and the rumours are that DT are working on a new DT6 body) then the 5 year body might not be there for much longer!!!
      Great that you can get them a sale price too.

13. I have two in my cart, just need to find the funds.

14. @animemom: good luck in getting the funds together. What colour did you decide on getting?

@Teddy: did you manage to order, or you still figuring out funding too? A 20% discount is a good sale price isn't it.

15. It's a great price, but I don't have any doll funds until I get a couple of new rag-doll commissions and I already have a BabyDelf body looking for a head, and a number of floating heads (several that didn't work on the Baby Delf) so really shouldn't add to the incomplete hybrid situation.

Teddy

#455 Teddy, Aug 29, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    16. Just seen the news...hmmm, will have to see about funds as I'm between jobs right now...

[Edited to add]

And I am now on the ordering page...Deogi has beaten out Dala sadly...so I won't get the 20% off. But once I looked at the 2 of them on the same page, Deogi won out - she's been on my wishlist for so long and I can get her painted, that it's a no brainer of which to choose...

#456 Alice80, Aug 31, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    17. You would still get the 20% off the body if you wanted a DT5 doll............and then you could spread the cost by ordering first one and then the other as funds allow.
      Just an idea

Random thought.........I have seven DT7 girls at home now!
      How on earth did that happen!!! :dance

18. I'm guessing more by luck than judgement...?

Teddy

19. Heheheheheee......yes! It really was the best luck in the world!

20. Wow, 7? Actually I was counting my DT gang and I have more than I thought...it's the elf bodies that I forget about as well as the fact that they aren't all in the same grouping...

I heard back from my enquiry to Dollstown, and he says he thinks that the sale should continue for a month or two...so that takes the urgency out of it for me, but then when I was on the site looking at things, I noticed they do layaway, so you can pay 20% to start the casting process...

That's me sorted then!

Deogi on the DT5 with the company faceup...perfect!