1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. I don't know if it's actually an option, but I have noticed that if I click the link in a notification so it takes me to the thread, several more entries (that I haven't received notifications for) have often been posted since the one the notification was about... So it makes sense (to me) that if you don't follow the link to the thread, you don't get any more notifications until you do follow it (or until you navigate to the thread by other means and post another message to it, reactivating the notifications)

And to bring this message back on-topic, a picture of my January (Alina 7Year) that I forgot to share when I took her into work with me just before we closed for Christmas and New Year...
      [​IMG]
      Dressed completely inappropriately for the season too.

Teddy

2. Lovely to see January again......and dressed in her own inimitable style!

3. She looks beautiful @Teddy and after seeing only white and brown it's wonderful to see such lovely colors.

4. Than you both. She does love her colours (as do I)

She has since changed into something warmer, however (for the Christmas meet of the Pygmalion group in London):
      [​IMG]
      Back in her favourite colder-weather outfit of velvet leggings and knitted jumper.

Teddy

5. Very pretty @Teddy I hope you both have a great time.

6. Thanks.

The Christmas meet was very nice - Christmas music playing, lots of chatting, photographing dolls, trying on of dolls clothes, and posing shenanigans.

Teddy

7. Isn't that the perfect way to do a meet up. We have two meet ups in Wisconsin and two in Illinois. Sometimes they clash, dates wise but usually we do okay. Wisconsin will have the first one for 2019 in late April, hoping Illinois one will be a couple of weeks before or after.

8. Doll meets are such FUN....lucky January getting to go to the London one. And I like her winter outfit

9. Seems like this year is slow to start on the DT mini thread.

Is everyone recovering from the Christmas season still?

Winnie and her dog came into work with me last week:
      [​IMG]

and January came in the previous day
      [​IMG]

Teddy

10. My boy has been just trying to keep warm. I made blankets for everyone to either share or have alone. We been below zero for awhile and will finally see double digits above zero by Friday. Doll room has never been so cold.

11. You have a great empty shelf at work Teddy, it is just perfect for dolls.
      Great to see both girls....I do like how both are dressed.

12. That doesn't sounds fun at all! I hope you can get it warmed up soon.

Thanks, Jane.

She shelf wasn't intended to stay empty (other than a space reserved for whihcevr doll or bear I bring in with me each day) but so far I haven't tracked down where I stashed the bags of plushies that were cleared fom around my desk two office-moves back, so the shelf remains empty, waiting for them to turn up.

I think I need to bring Arin in next, so I can roud off the DollsTown mini's visits to work.

Teddy

13. Oh yes! You can't leave Arin out.

And poor you Marie.......I hate being cold!

14. I did take Arin in to work, but it took a while to get around to moving the picture from my camera to my Flickr account...

[​IMG]

Poor thing is minus his lovely victorian style boots as the faux-leather surface of every pair I bought in that style is flaking and peeling away. I'm rather cross about that, having spent a small fortune buying the boots in several colours and two sizes, and them not actually being subject to any wear (seeing as they're on dolls, not on real people who actually walk in them!).

Teddy

15. That's awful. I am avoiding leather clothes, but boots is hard to avoid. Maybe have to start using leather soap.

16. If they were real leather this problem wouldnt have arisen - the faux-leather they're made of, however, is peeling like crazy.

Teddy

17. I am having the same issue with a lot of the doll shoes that I have too......I am so cross {{grr}}

18. Isn't it infuriating!

Teddy

19. To put it mildly Teddy! I have spent a small fortune on what I thought were good quality doll shoes.......only to find them disintegrating horribly now.
      I have tried painting PVA glue on them to try and hold them together.....but no luck!

What with the yellowing of the resin and the disintegration of shoes, this is not showing itself to be a very 'stable' hobby! LOL!
      But I still love the dolls, so that is all that matters really.

20. Exactly how Ive been thinking of the situation!

And so poor Arin is currently bootless

Teddy